Computer VS live deal?

V

vladdracul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know, I have been told that there is no difference in a random computer deal or shuffling a deck in real life as it is random but the difference to me this. In a shuffle of a deck, it is indeed random and all the 52 cards in the deck end up in one of 52 positions at random after the shuffle but in a computer deal, the deck is shuffled AFTER the initial 18 or 20 is dealt again and Before the turn and before the river
Now if you were at a live table and the dealer shuffled the deck again after the deal, would that be a miss deal, because that is basically what the computer is doing? I know I sound crazy but to me there is a difference.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I know, I have been told that there is no difference in a random computer deal or shuffling a deck in real life as it is random but the difference to me this. In a shuffle of a deck, it is indeed random and all the 52 cards in the deck end up in one of 52 positions at random after the shuffle but in a computer deal, the deck is shuffled AFTER the initial 18 or 20 is dealt again and Before the turn and before the river
Now if you were at a live table and the dealer shuffled the deck again after the deal, would that be a miss deal, because that is basically what the computer is doing? I know I sound crazy but to me there is a difference.

Not all sites have 'constant shuffle'. I know FTP did but am not sure of the rest.
Either way, it doesn't really matter.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I prefer the random shuffler to dealer shuffle. I trust the machine more than I trust the dealer. Ever see a pro shuffle?

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not all sites have 'constant shuffle'. I know FTP did but am not sure of the rest.
Either way, it doesn't really matter.
Please explain why it doesn't matter? I mean technically your right because you don't know what could come out. You don't know. But in live play one shuffle that leaves a chance that 25 cards will never have a chance to see the board. In constant shuffle it always has a chance each street. Now you can argue do the odds go up if your always shuffling? In my opinion yes but not much. Now some would even conclude its more random with continuous shuffle. Doesn't matter, these are the cards we are dealt. play them or find another site. Either way its your choice to play. :help:

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is a HUGE difference. I dont trust a computer that has been programmed for max action. Maybe im just that unlucky online but i can play for month live and not see what ill see in 1 9 man sng. knowing there is alot less hands in that 1 sng then month worth of play, ALOT less. How fast you see so many hands does not matter 100 hands is 100 hands 500 is 500.
Ill trust what i can see personally not what was programmed

K

KuprinMA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If poker had the opportunity to choose a real dealer, I would rather choose it :)

P

Pokaslag

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
From my understanding and feel free to correct me , online deals are from RNG random number generator , however computers are incapable of randomness , so they create lists of different order variations of the remaining deck , what puzzles me is some software use what I believe is called a static deal meaning the cards (like in a live game) are shuffled prior to deal then dealt accordingly however some site are constantly shuffling mean the next card out can change depending on the moment of the action ?! I once had this out with poker stars and all they could tell me is that in order to increase randomness they used collective curser movement too select the next card drawn , go figure ?! Doesn't make any sense to me , my theory is that the lists are written in patterns which are impossible to predict however they encourage gambling as the frequency of bad beats is far more online then live

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have repeatedly noticed that when I play multiple tables, the dealt cards are very often the same at each table. For example, if at one table the flop is A K10 then the other table is in the flob between A and 10 or K Or my cards. It may be a coincidence, but it has happened several times. I don't think that is the case with living dealers.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have repeatedly noticed that when I play multiple tables, the dealt cards are very often the same at each table. For example, if at one table the flop is A K10 then the other table is in the flob between A and 10 or K Or my cards. It may be a coincidence, but it has happened several times. I don't think that is the case with living dealers.
I often play at two different sites at the same time. I cant find it but i had a screen shot of all four tables with the exact same cards and even the same suites. Just two of them were opposite. So i may be able to explain tables on same sites but different sites? But its poker and anything can happen.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do you say that the program shuffles the cards in one game several times? In my opinion, it only bothers them once before distribution.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you say that the program shuffles the cards in one game several times? In my opinion, it only bothers them once before distribution.
Some sites have constant shuffle.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play more online so I think that computer is better for me.

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A computer program cannot be calibrated to be random. There isn't a random shuffle. Sometimes, you will get a strong sense of the next card. As if you had seen the pattern before. That's most likely because you have. Online poker sites are designed to make money. The winners will most likely continue winning and the same thing goes with the losers.

AttitudeXL

AttitudeXL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have noticed that the amount of being dealt same cards with different suit, usually other pair is suited ex. 5H 6S and next pair 5S 6S or exactly same cards that won last hand dealt, have increased a lot in mtt and Si&Go games.
I basically can't remember game that this hasn't happened to me. It is very disturbing because chsnge to thatin live game is so small that it's almost none.

Also i have had feeling some times that the game does not "even give me a change". Games that no matter you have the one guy wins all hands, and in one ko tournamenti was that guy i won all all-in's i played and even when it was against all odds. Maybe now this feeling is explained ;)

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Programmers are know why computer random isn't random it is only simulation of random but it isn't natural as a live random. Computer random always depends on something it can't be calculated but that dependence make random unnatural.

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Programmers are know why computer random isn't random it is only simulation of random but it isn't natural as a live random. Computer random always depends on something it can't be calculated but that dependence make random unnatural.

I saw a video of pokerstars saying that they ensure that their shuffle is completely random. They don’t get their ones and zeroes from a pseudo random algorithm, they get it from random physical process of light.

https://youtu.be/-DkHzOUzDjc

P

Pokaslag

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only comment on stars you would have to ask the support of the software provider you play

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Speed This factor is undoubtedly one of the main advantages of the game on the Internet. Offline poker requires some perseverance and patience - keep in mind that the game here is much slower. For example, if about 90 hands per hour go online, then in a poker club, even with the best dealer, you are unlikely to manage to see more than 30 hands in 60 minutes. But if you differ in patience and endurance, then “speed” can play into the hands. This quality will give you a huge advantage over players of a looser style who like to gamble and are often used to joining a game with a wide range.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever possible I would much rather play a live game and see the facts unfold in front of me. There will always be questions about the shuffling of online poker. Online poker will always be here though. Its faster and where else can you play poker games for $1...

S

scortix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its the same to you (assuming 100% fair legit shuffle/software)

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
I will always go for a real dealer, I dont like softwares with tricky algorithms

guwanch7777777

guwanch7777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also believe in online and love to play.

sometimes great players will also lose online

Organize a Home Poker Game