Do you multi table? If so how many tables do you feel you can still play good poker?

CallMeAnSee

CallMeAnSee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi im quite new here. i just wondered how many tables people feel is a good number?

i play 2 normally on 2 screens , sometimes 3 or 4 but rarely. i find that more than 3 or 4 everything starts going wrong!

does it depend in the game as i hear people m.t 8 to even 16(or more) tables cash! but i normally play double or nothing sit an goes an mtts. will this make a difference does anyone think? as the double or nothings are 6 man decision making comes round quickly

thanks for any opinions!!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Usually, I play two or three tables at a time. If the number of tables is more than three, it becomes difficult for me to concentrate and I start making mistakes.
Good luck.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 tables for me optimally. I can open 8-9, but this is not a good, temporary solution (for example, the simultaneous start of several tournaments). But in the usual time I prefer to play no more than six tables. In addition, it depends on the speed of the game at the table. The fewer players at the table, the faster the game goes - HU is better to play no more than two tables at a time.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just play 1, fast fold cash. Can focus more on my decisions, feeling rushed leads me to bad decisions or freezing up to be honest. Have played 2 cash/spins at a time, and up to 4 tourneys/sngs. Can't imagine increasing again unless I really start winning regularly and can be confident I can play as well on a couple of tables at the same time.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi im quite new here. i just wondered how many tables people feel is a good number?

i play 2 normally on 2 screens , sometimes 3 or 4 but rarely. i find that more than 3 or 4 everything starts going wrong!

does it depend in the game as i hear people m.t 8 to even 16(or more) tables cash! but i normally play double or nothing sit an goes an mtts. will this make a difference does anyone think? as the double or nothings are 6 man decision making comes round quickly

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

12 was easy for me for years, 6 per each screen. sometimes played 16. Hard to play more, need to change the setup.

It's easy to learn it, and it will help in your other activities.

You need to improve 2 things:
1) your APM (actions per minute) - by installing APM counter and clicking-clicking mouse and keyboard buttons during many hours to start feeling comfort at 120+ APM

2) practice at 12 free tables for 1 month if you want to play 9 tables for cash in the future... or practice 9 free tables if you want to play 6, or practice 15 for 12. It might be hard to play 12 free tables for start, but body is getting used with time and brain adapts. When you'll be comfortable with your decisions at 12 free tables - you can try to play 6-9 tables for min cash or lowest buy-in SnGs/MTTs. You will find it boring when you're stepping down from 12 to 6 tables...

and ofc, you need a good setup. one large and one or several additional screens needed, minimal setup is laptop + 24-32" screen or more. Monitor of the laptop for lobby, and other monitors for the tables.. Keyboard shortcuts for bets is a must have, mouse with 5-7 buttons, binding and using most of these buttons is another must have. 12 tables is actually easy. I don't know, maybe I could play more tables with comfort at just one big screen, haven't tried it in past, and not going to try this in the future, enough for me.

P.S. In the past, like 20 years ago, when I was young, I was playing StarCraft at the battleNET and was in top 100 several times, played against Elky and other top 10 players in the world, that's where I've learned to click :))) the best Strcraft player in the world - Slayers_boxer had APM above 320... that's more than 5 actions per second, and such actions are not like typing. It's something out of this planet.... It's hard to explain, and games are different today, Starcraft was like chess compared to todays games for dummies.Elky was the reason why I've paid interest to online poker and started to study it :p

By the way - Enjoy the video, his setup is nice.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I believe that this saturday and sunday are like 4+ tournaments clashing eachother at some point so yeah it gives perfect chance to play in several tables simoultaneously :rolleyes:

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 tables for me the best option.

vegasivanov

vegasivanov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
12 was easy for me for years, 6 per each screen. sometimes played 16. Hard to play more, need to change the setup.

1) your APM (actions per minute) - by installing APM counter and clicking-clicking mouse and keyboard buttons during many hours to start feeling comfort at 120+ APM

2) practice at 12 free tables for 1 month if you want to play 9 tables for cash in the future... or practice 9 free tables if you want to play 6, or practice 15 for 12. It might be hard to play 12 free tables for start, but body is getting used with time and brain adapts. When you'll be comfortable with your decisions at 12 free tables - you can try to play 6-9 tables for min cash or lowest buy-in SnGs/MTTs. You will find it boring when you're stepping down from 12 to 6 tables...

and ofc, you need a good setup. one large and one or several additional screens needed, minimal setup is laptop + 24-32" screen or more. Monitor of the laptop for lobby, and other monitors for the tables.. Keyboard shortcuts for bets is a must have, mouse with 5-7 buttons, binding and using most of these buttons is another must have. 12 tables is actually easy. I don't know, maybe I could play more tables with comfort at just one big screen, haven't tried it in past, and not going to try this in the future, enough for me.

P.S. In the past, like 20 years ago, when I was young, I was playing StarCraft at the battleNET and was in top 100 several times, played against Elky and other top 10 players in the world, that's where I've learned to click :))) the best Strcraft player in the world - Slayers_boxer had APM above 320... that's more than 5 actions per second, and such actions are not like typing. It's something out of this planet.... It's hard to explain, and games are different today, Starcraft was like chess compared to todays games for dummies.Elky was the reason why I've paid interest to online poker and started to study it :p

Thank you for an interesting post 🤔 I didn't realize the shortcut keyboard setup that MTT wizards use as shown in the video 🤣 I need a better setup in my man cave aka more screens as my iMac only accommodates 4-6 table comfortably at this time. Very informative post indeed 👊

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
guys this is a really great thread for me...thank you very much for all the info. I really battle with anything over 4 tables, so Ive really kind of got to get wired up. My biggest problem is that my cursor keep disappearing and it sometimes takes ages to get it back. Does anyone please have some advice for me on this?? Thanks

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This clip is insane. I can not even imagine how he manages to handle so many tables. It is like watching a machine. I personally can play 2 tables, maximum 3 but this is my limit currently. As MTT player i very rarely need to play on more than 2 tables.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play at two tables, three at the most. With three the quality of the game has already diminished for me.
I think it depends on the level you are.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have the feeling that the more tables I open, the more bad beats happen to me. Actually my game is losing quality, so I try not to neglect this point.
I increase the number of tables when I feel that I am playing well, and that luck is with me.
Greetings.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4-6 tables is ok for me. Except when I do the always same mistake to open zoom cash.

CallMeAnSee

CallMeAnSee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwDLbceGEY4

thank you ii found this very interesting to see an read although i dont think my brain could ever keep up with 24 tables but i may try to double my 2 tables to 4 or maybe 6 in the future. ill let you know how i go. an thanks for your reply. i have heard of that game alot of the pros game from just never played.

thanks again

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the more uniform and easier the format the more tables you can play. Its much harder to play stud hi lo, plo, 6max hyper, and a deep stack mtt - than 5 tables of dons.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anything above 2 tables at a time and I feel I begin losing focus and feel rushed. With more tables ongoing, I feel like I'm not studying the way other players play so I lose out on those opportunities to read a player.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thank you ii found this very interesting to see an read although i dont think my brain could ever keep up with 24 tables but i may try to double my 2 tables to 4 or maybe 6 in the future. ill let you know how i go. an thanks for your reply. i have heard of that game alot of the pros game from just never played.

thanks again

You're welcome.
Same story happened to all of us. It's like going to the gym to perform excercises, you're starting with 2, several days later it's 4, couple of months later it's 16...

Adaptation of human brain and body to new conditions is something really amazing.

here, read this article, how this guy, who was worst in maths in the school, became a "mental calculator"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rüdiger_Gamm
I watched a TV show where it was said that he was victim to bullying for being stupid, and then he decided to do something about it... and he did.

A

AngelBLR_Poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I think that optimally playing 4 tables, if the buy-in is not high, if the highest buy-in, the table 2-3 maximum

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a beginner, I have not tried to play even at two tables at the same time. But I had to play two card sites at the same time, Pokerstar and 888. It can be said that this was my first 2-table game experience.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournaments start at the same time, so you have to open several tables. But I'm always focused on one of them.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6-8 tables cash games. Probably could more but I play on laptop
MTT/SNG if I play them it's 6 tables

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played 3 successfully but prefer 2 tables. The best if you dont have HUD and dont mind building your budget slowly is one in my opinion.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Hi and welcome to the ever growing family, CallMeAnSee!You know what, each of us have different attention span, schedule, and therefore time and power to devote to playing poker. It ultimately depends on you on how many tables you can play while playing your A-game... That said, good luck and good going!

G

gaguilu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

As I play for pleasure and not to make money, I play 1 table at a time to meet all the players