How do you feel when you fold pre-flop - and then the flop would have been the nuts?

Jbananno

Jbananno

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys!What do you feel,when you fold cards,but in the flop see nuts?

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel a smile because I know these kind of situations are what keep the fish staying as fish. ;)

your fold was a good fold because majority of times you are not flopping even a half-decent hand especially if opponents represented strength in their hands. Also consider what opponents have and would call you with, they can even badbeat yoru flush iwth fullhouse cooler on turn or river, never underestimate the power of folding.

A good fold is good and a weak fold is weak. Don't be weak in fear, be weak to keep your cash. Don't 'not fold' to catch the flop, don't fold to have the opponentnot hit the flop hard enougha nd bully them away form the hand.

I think like a loose player because bluffing is an essential tool in my arsenal. If I folded and flop the nuts, it means nothing to me at all. It was a good fold and I won't let that turn me into a fish and doubt my majority-win playstyle. One step down is severe in your evolution as a poker player you must stay vigilant in your fervour to only improve yoru playstyle and never ever let severe minority-occuring scenarios alter your playstyle in another direction.

Jbananno

Jbananno

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel a smile because I know these kind of situations are what keep the fish staying as fish. ;)

your fold was a good fold because majority of times you are not flopping even a half-decent hand especially if opponents represented strength in their hands. Also consider what opponents have and would call you with, they can even badbeat yoru flush iwth fullhouse cooler on turn or river, never underestimate the power of folding.

A good fold is good and a weak fold is weak. Don't be weak in fear, be weak to keep your cash. Don't 'not fold' to catch the flop, don't fold to have the opponentnot hit the flop hard enougha nd bully them away form the hand.

I think like a loose player because bluffing is an essential tool in my arsenal. If I folded and flop the nuts, it means nothing to me at all. It was a good fold and I won't let that turn me into a fish and doubt my majority-win playstyle. One step down is severe in your evolution as a poker player you must stay vigilant in your fervour to only improve yoru playstyle and never ever let severe minority-occuring scenarios alter your playstyle in another direction.
This is a good advice,man!Thank you[emoji6] [emoji106]

J

jesus133

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is best not to think about it as it torments you and can get you tilt or make bad calls

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
First hand generates a feeling of anguish .... however I have clear that does not always happen that ... I can not let myself cloud over that specific situation of a weak hand turned into a winner after seeing the flop ... very careful with that .... the important thing is to know that you made a good decision preflop ....!

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I had one dollar for every time I folded 2,7 offsuit, only to see a 772 flop, I would have enough to fund playing $2-5 NLHE in Vegas. Don't think about all the bad hands that you folded and your cards came up, because for every time that happens, 99 other times out of 100, you made a good fold with bad cards.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Little bit angry, but I know that I will see many situations like this.😑😡😀😁😁

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are a great player you know that you made a good fold , personally I dont worry about that

E

emil4707

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ussualy you fold weak hands and recently catch flop ,sometimes i limp with such a freaky hands and win

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is hard to see that happen but yes a good poker player would not see it as a bad fold...if you have the stack size and the blinds aren’t outrageous then maybe take a peek at a few hands your normally wouldn’t but don’t play too loose or you could be throwing away your money.

Q

Quads2017

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
flopping the nuts in these kind of cases does not happen a lot percentage wise so it will not make you a winning player by calling a lot to see hundreds of flops in bad positions and with bad whole cards just to win the odd one.

A

Aparajit

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I fold I choose not to see the action. It would effect the next hands as emotions are involved so better to fold and let go. :)

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the hole cards so long as it was the right time to fold and I didn't miscalculate my situation I might go "Oh damn" for a second but no regrets about playing it right.

H

hunni311

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is different, mostly I laugh but sometimes I get angry and could throw my smartphone against the wall. a few times I could have increased my chips to 4 times and then fly a few laps later from the tuner. Since you want to be able to predict the cards, but then it is no fun to play. PS: I have not thrown my smartphone against the wall ;)😅

T

tom14cat14

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What gets me in these situations is you have a hand that is a good hand but someone does a crazy bet. Such as a 25k bet on a 2k pot. Then your hand hits.

But then again I do not consider myself a very good player.

Andrei Lisovets

Andrei Lisovets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Often you have to fold weak pocket cards, which after the flop become strong, especially in the freerolls of the initial stage, very much go to Olin and you can drop out of the tournament.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ignore it.

What's done is done. No need to get worked up over something like that.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a consequence of the game, this will always happen, after all, we do not have a crystal ball to know that we have in our hand, the flop will bring
992 ... if that were so, we'd all be rich, would not you ?

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ответ

I'm not worried about it I know I made the right choice.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind when I fold a weak pair of down carlds, and then flop the nuts. What really irks me is when I go in with AA or KK and somebody flops the nuts with a weak hand. No biggy though ! The sun will still come tomorrow, and life goes on. No worse I suppose than the person who always picks the same set of numbers for the lottery each week, and then the very day they forget to buy is the day the numbers come up as the WINNER !!! ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello guys!What do you feel,when you fold cards,but in the flop see nuts?

i feel the same like when i didnt fold and see nuts flop but lose it on the river

Clasher

Clasher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont feel anything and i dont have to feel anything because i make the right decision by folding that hand...

OlauOlsson

OlauOlsson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had the same situation literally 10 minutes ago in a pokerstars tournament, haha!
I felt like you in your story.

Clasher

Clasher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you robot?[emoji1]
Nope lol Im not a bot 😂..
What I mean is
Lets say I have 23 and I make the decision to fold according to the situation Im in(many factors)
and the flop comes 2 2 2 I dont have the reason to feel sad or throw something 😁 because
I make the right decision...

I know the line I dont feel anything will confuse all but also the right decision now when you see the flop is to feel nothing
If you put ur emotion in after seeing the flop it will ruin the whole session u r about to enjoy...

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if you see that you threw up the cards in vain you should not be sorry. In most cases, this is the right decision. It happens that the small card is more coincidental than the premium card.

Folding in Poker