How to build a br from 0$ on ftp

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I'm going to say this right away, this won't be as easy as it sounds :) but it's not a bad idea to try.

I know there are some people that don't want to deposit money or can't afford to deposit money and you want to build up from nothing. So for those people i came up with an idea how to do build a bankroll.

This will take a lot of patience. I know there are some of you that will play a free roll and lets say yo win 2$ then you go right away and play a 1.25 9 man sit n go, most of you will be either to tight because you will be afraid to lose everything that you worked so hard for or you will be to tight because you are to anxious to win some more money, so basically your game will be messed up and you wont be playing your best unless you are a very experienced player and you know how to play under pressure.

Here is what i suggest to do, many of you play mostly free rolls and then win couple of bucks and you end up losing after a week or so and then you play more free rolls and that keep going. ( some of you do turn it in to big money)

Ok first i think when you are playing free rolls lets say you win 3$ so instead of going right to a sit n go and not playing your best game and end up losing it. I suggest to save that 3$ and keep playing free rolls until your br is up to 25-30$. i personally think in the 1$ and 2$ sit n gos it's moslty luck you need since there are a lot of donks in them. I find the 5$ and 6$ games much easier to win.
Saving up to 25-30$ might take anywhere from 1 month maybe less or 2 month, thats why i said you will need patience. Once you get there then i suggest playing 9 man and 6 man sit n gos that are 5$ until your br is around 70$. also i do not reccoment multi tabling because a lot of you, lets say you lose at one table then you think that you must win on yr other table or you are screwed. I suggest take one game at a time.

Also it's not a bad idea to play some tourneys every once in a while just keep your br up and use the extra money for tourneys. Also i know there are good hu players which can be another way to build your br. ( i have builded up 5$ to 50$ just playing hu) so its possible.

As for the free rolls you play, i suggest playing the 100$ free rolls and cc free rolls ( and i know some of you are railbirds) so play the railbirds free rolls if you are a railbird. If you are not i suggest you join that site ( make sure to put bob_tiger for refferal) they have free rolls on full tilt everyday and you can win up to 50$ in them. Well anyways so thats how i suggest you build yr br. anyone think this might work?

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i also forgot to mention....in a long run good players will win more in the 5 and 6$ games more than they lose. and in the 1$ 2$ games it will mostly depend on your luck and not your skill

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nobody likes my idea :confused: :( :mad: ????????????

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This thread might get more interest if it was posted in the Poker Strategies section. Moving it there now...:) (Nice post, btw, Bob.)

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh i swear JuiceeQ i was going to post in here and then i posted it in the players lounge, lmao. I really suck at picking the right place to post stuff. tyvm for moving it

oluaris

oluaris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your post was right on the money...
i win a few bucks in freerolls then lose them all in the ring games in the next few hours...
i know i should be patient and build it up first...
but i'm not a very patient guy (not yet, anyway...)
i'm trying to be one...

nice post, btw...

pezjb

pezjb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya know, good idea and all. But I don't see how someone could want to wait 2 months or so while just playing freerolls. I understand if you are under 18 and do not have a card or anything in that nature, but c'mon.. put in $20, and start playing. Grind it out, play $2.25SNG or $5SNG like you said (I wouldn't suggest $5 with only a $20 BR though). Play in the $1 and $2 MTT also, you'll find this a lot more fun and easier to gain more money. Starting from $0 is just a pain, seriously.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya know, good idea and all. But I don't see how someone could want to wait 2 months or so while just playing freerolls. I understand if you are under 18 and do not have a card or anything in that nature, but c'mon.. put in $20, and start playing. Grind it out, play $2.25SNG or $5SNG like you said (I wouldn't suggest $5 with only a $20 BR though). Play in the $1 and $2 MTT also, you'll find this a lot more fun and easier to gain more money. Starting from $0 is just a pain, seriously.

yes i agree, but im just talking about people who do have a card and just dont want to deposit so if they lose it they dont get addicted to it. I really dont think you would have to wait 2 month. Like in the CC free rolls u can win couple of bucks here and there and in regular free rolls. But im saving to save it up and then play something bigger. also those 1$ 2$ mtts r not even worth it, most of the time you will get unlucky against some donk and lose. but starting from 0 is hard but it is possible and i know a guy who started with nothing and now he got a nice br.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i win a few bucks in freerolls then lose them all in the ring games in the next few hours...
i'm trying to be one...

nice post, btw...

thx :) try doing what i said in here i would say build up to like 25$ then go to a ring game if u like em so much with 5$ try to go where there is not a full table and if you double it then leave the table and try doing it again. also do the 5$ sit n gos some ppl might say thats bad br management but i think its better just to do these instead of winning nothing in the 1$ 2$ ones, in a long run good players always lose in those due to donkeys. gl bud and hope to hear from ya when ur up to 500$ and more.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm trying to be one...

nice post, btw...

thx :) try doing what i said in here i would say build up to like 25$ then go to a ring game if u like em so much with 5$ try to go where there is not a full table and if you double it then leave the table and try doing it again. also do the 5$ sit n gos some ppl might say thats bad br management but i think its better just to do these instead of winning nothing in the 1$ 2$ ones, in a long run good players always lose in those due to donkeys. gl bud and hope to hear from ya when ur up to 500$ and more.

pifan

pifan

PiFace
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ive built a 725.00 bankroll on ap from starting on freerolls took 2 yrs but lots of ups and downs but lots of experiency you dont get on free money games

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
exactly what im trying to help everyone do on full tilt from free rolls and it wont even take 2 years i bet. pifan u would be a type of person that could actually do this if u could that much patience. maybe u should try it someday on full tilt?

Y

young_chucho

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to put your strategy to good use and its kinda working i guess cuz yesterday morning i made the final table at the bodog $500 guaranteed. i went out 7th and earned $10 then, i played a couple beginner sng and, now i have a whopping $19.

pezjb

pezjb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think $1 or $2 MTT are a joke at all. That is how I started my bankroll a month ago from $20. I played $1 MTT, placed 1st out of 1050.. definitely was a big boost.

M

muddawgg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chris ferguson had a pretty good article on full tilt about starting with no money and building it to $10,000 is his goal. thanks for the input. I am trying to play with out making any deposits

T

tranqxility

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in the process of building my bankroll with no deposit. I mean, I can deposit, but saving myself some trouble from my wife I don't.

At Bodog I placed 2nd in a CC Freeroll and won $15. I started playing with the winnings on Sunday and I'm up to $70. I've only been playing SnGs (my strongest point) and I only play 4-5 a night because of work.

At FT I'm up to $60 from a $10 in wins from PLO Freerolls.

At Tropical Poker I'm up to $80 from nothing. I never play there though because there's only like 2 tables running at a time.

I probably have a few bucks here and there at other sites, too, but I never play at them. I'm mostly at Bodog and FT.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Long ago, I divorced myself from the big win dream, and play freerolls or play money poker for the sport. Don't take that literally, I still expect a big win somewhere along the line. This whole post may not tell well the stress I was relieved of with that divorce.

When I hit a bigger win like up to $15 bucks (WHoo Hoooo), if I don't have a specific CC event in mind, I will party with that money. The party will be the biggest buy in it will buy. It has not happened yet where I parley that freeroll into a 3rd stage, but when it does, and if it is significant, then I will start thinking about that money. Otherwise it wasn't mine to start with, and won't be mine in the end. It only represents another stack in another game.

But truly, I play the cheap games for the sport, with hope only of having a good game against reasonably good competition.

All that said, your plan is better than no plan for those who still are actively working toward that big money dream.

amygrantfan

amygrantfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm trying to be one...

nice post, btw...

hehe, this is exactly what happens to me every time. i wish i had more discipline and could actually make money...

P

pokerbum

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes i agree, but im just talking about people who do have a card and just dont want to deposit so if they lose it they dont get addicted to it. I really dont think you would have to wait 2 month. Like in the CC free rolls u can win couple of bucks here and there and in regular free rolls. But im saving to save it up and then play something bigger. also those 1$ 2$ mtts r not even worth it, most of the time you will get unlucky against some donk and lose. but starting from 0 is hard but it is possible and i know a guy who started with nothing and now he got a nice br.
So, Bob, I'll be trying your strategy out! Got no bucks right now for poker, so I fit the bill! So you don't have to say nobody's trying it or thinking it's worth a shot! I'm gonna try it!

Wild Rivers

Wild Rivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the way you're thinking on saving up a little to leverage into alot Bob. Here's a little Bodog afterthought I had on that: As you may know, Bodog has "Tournament Dollars" that you can win in qualifiers, quarterfinals, semi-finals, etc. As an example, take the 10 + 1 semi-final for their $100,000 tourney. It pays $109 tournament dollars (enough for a $100k entry) for every $109 in the prize pool. If you're a little better than a top ten percent player, that's an excellent opportunity to leverage eleven bucks to a tourney for some significant bucks. By the way, tournament dollars can be used for ANY tournament on Bodog, so if you win the $109 (for example) you could use those tournament dollars for entry into several tournaments with lesser buy-in. ;)

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the way you're thinking on saving up a little to leverage into alot Bob. Here's a little Bodog afterthought I had on that: As you may know, Bodog has "Tournament Dollars" that you can win in qualifiers, quarterfinals, semi-finals, etc. As an example, take the 10 + 1 semi-final for their $100,000 tourney. It pays $109 tournament dollars (enough for a $100k entry) for every $109 in the prize pool. If you're a little better than a top ten percent player, that's an excellent opportunity to leverage eleven bucks to a tourney for some significant bucks. By the way, tournament dollars can be used for ANY tournament on Bodog, so if you win the $109 (for example) you could use those tournament dollars for entry into several tournaments with lesser buy-in. ;)

yes also good idea!!! and yea i made this post for people that are not that much experienced and like to play free rolls and then try to build a br from the first time they win something and then they end up losing it, becuase of the reasons i listed. ( 2 tight, 2 loose, etc etc) and yup gl on bodog.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, Bob, I'll be trying your strategy out! Got no bucks right now for poker, so I fit the bill! So you don't have to say nobody's trying it or thinking it's worth a shot! I'm gonna try it!

awesome, just keep playing the free rolls, i mean there are tons of them on full tilt. there are bunch of private ones, like the cc one and there are some private ones im not going to say what since its against the rules to advertise other sites. but just take a look at the private list. I'm sure you can win couple of dollars here and there and keep saving it up until you have enough to build up from. gl

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in the process of building my bankroll with no deposit. I mean, I can deposit, but saving myself some trouble from my wife I don't.

At Bodog I placed 2nd in a CC Freeroll and won $15. I started playing with the winnings on Sunday and I'm up to $70. I've only been playing SnGs (my strongest point) and I only play 4-5 a night because of work.

At FT I'm up to $60 from a $10 in wins from PLO Freerolls.

At Tropical Poker I'm up to $80 from nothing. I never play there though because there's only like 2 tables running at a time.

I probably have a few bucks here and there at other sites, too, but I never play at them. I'm mostly at Bodog and FT.

nice job and keep up the good work