How to build a br from 0$ on ftp

oklacowboy

oklacowboy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i did that bob started on poker4ever with nothing and won one turney for 45. dollars and in less then a week am up to 61. dollars and change and just played in the one freeroll and won it and then playing in a few ring games.

Proud to be a Army Vet. Always remember to thank a vet for the freedom you have, it is because of them you have that freedom and be sure to thank them for it. Desert Strom 1991. US Army 1981-1993

X

xcascadex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sell pokerstars playchips for real

There's also another way to make money out of nothing, well it's basically playing pokerstars play money tourneys. Then you can sell those for like 1$ per 100k play chips. You can make a lot when you play in those 80k tourneys and win first place, which gives you like 800k. So you could easily get like 8 bux by playing for 2 hours. Good deal I've done it all the time except pokerstars started to piss me off for a while so i kinda quit it lol. To sell the chips you just google sell pokerstars playchips and you'll find bunch of site. I'd recommand bigbadbullets.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's also another way to make money out of nothing, well it's basically playing pokerstars play money tourneys. Then you can sell those for like 1$ per 100k play chips. You can make a lot when you play in those 80k tourneys and win first place, which gives you like 800k. So you could easily get like 8 bux by playing for 2 hours. Good deal I've done it all the time except pokerstars started to piss me off for a while so i kinda quit it lol. To sell the chips you just google sell pokerstars playchips and you'll find bunch of site. I'd recommand bigbadbullets.

basically 1 mill for 10$ and also might want to be careful looking up the sites on google. did this long time ago and got scammed. it a was complete joke so i wouldnt recommend doing this. plus its against poker stars rules just so you know

mczilla

mczilla

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tough to build from nothing

Chris Ferguson's idea is good, if your a good player like him. FT free rolls (if you can get entered, they fill fast) are hard to cash in. They pay top 27 finishers, low odds for new players like me. CC freerolls are better by a mile than those;) .

Poker Stars doesn't really offer much either, 2 freerolls a day with tons of entries and low pay outs when you hit the bubble. CC freerolls are better here too. If you do get a little win there is a .10 turbo and .25, .50 tourneys here. Many options to win (or loose like me) your small winnings.

Bottom line is you play these free's and you will get better. Keep reading all the good strats posted here and in the end you will cash and really enjoy the games.

//zilla

S

scotth1234

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This challenge is precisely what brought me back into online poker. Thanks for the additional thoughts on possible strategy Bob. I've got a lot of patience to build. I went from 0 to 21 in two days and then back down to 1.23 over the course of an hour... So any additional thoughts on keeping patience while you try to build that initial cushion would be great.

With my $6 5th place winnings I tried a 9 player $1 + .25 SnG... hand one AA, raised to 450 and was busted by a donk who reraised all in preflop with 8 10 off suit and hit a straight on the turn. So I didn't try those again. You're right about the level of play in these.

Instead went to a cash .05/.10 CAP NL game. That was where I got up over 20. And also where I lost down to 1.23 after playing late into the night...

I saw another thread about avoiding tilting (or, as I like to call it: Matusow disease)... that's my next stop. GL everyone on your road to building a bankroll.

J

julyangels

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I figured out a different kind of strategy on building my BR....Since so far I tend to only place, not taking down a first place in awhile, I decided to play the satellites. Win the entry to the next satellite, which ranges from 5 to 11 Tourney dollars, then withdraw from the game, and use that money towards different money makers or build up several 11 dollar tourney tickets. I built my bankroll from 0$ to 300$ in about 10 days. Then its up to me to turn my tourney $ (tickets) into real cash....seems to work out better for a person that makes the final table but just doesnt take it all the way. Plus with this money, you are able to play in games that you normally wouldn't stake. Earning points the whole way too....good luck!~july

P

pagar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have tried your strategy quite awhile ago and have won and then moved on to different level of buy-ins. I have found that once oyu are able to do that if you can get into 30 dollar games your skill pays off. I think the 5 dollar games still has quite a bit of donkeys in them and luck is still mostly prevelant(luck never goes away in the game, luck always comes before the skill, my motto anyway).

T

TheHoag57

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great tips Bob. Thanks for sharing.

X

xerx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In some aspect it's a good idea!

I did it in party poker. First I won in freeroll 9 dollars and doubled it in money table to 19. I was really proud thinking, that now I'm in money, but - if I reached double bankroll, I meet with really bad problem - not any hands anymore or only systematical bad beats causing hands: fullhaus versus fullhaus, two pairs versus triple, triple and flush in one hand versus fullhaus etc. and this kind hans have destroyd most my second half br, and so from day to day. I have swiched table and seat, but nothing helps against this.

Do I something wrong, if I try continously play in moneytable? I think that this is not only my problem. I'm really thankful if someone can answer for my question, because doubling my bankroll in low limit table was really hard work, and I want not loose it.

In reality I'm tight and maybe even too conservative and cautious player but against this kind hands, if I can not from table see what is really going on I can not.

Regards,
xerx

PS. Sorry, if my english is little weird, but this is my fourth foreign language.

C

Commandomd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that is a great idea, but I also read somewhere in cardschat about winning without making a deposit. That you cant draw it out unless you make a minum deposit, before you win the ffree roll tournaments. And in order to get the money out you have to play several different hands before they will even give you cash credit for it. Think making a minum deposit and not using it and playing freerolls would be the best way to make sure the money you win is yours for the taking if you want to ever withdraw it. If you win a large amount and no deposit then you cant withdraw it.

C

cthomasz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that is a great idea, but I also read somewhere in cardschat about winning without making a deposit. That you cant draw it out unless you make a minum deposit, before you win the ffree roll tournaments. And in order to get the money out you have to play several different hands before they will even give you cash credit for it. Think making a minum deposit and not using it and playing freerolls would be the best way to make sure the money you win is yours for the taking if you want to ever withdraw it. If you win a large amount and no deposit then you cant withdraw it.

this is probably something that varies from site to site. do you happen to know if they can hold your winnings if you made the deposit after you won the freeroll cash? and if so, which sites are this true on?

xace100

xace100

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great postin the idea of making a bankroll from nothing sounds like a good challenge. im tempted to join a site i dont usualy play on and try my luck

X

xerx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try do it once more. After 8 hours hard paly I won $ 50 freeroll in Ultimate Bet and now I have $ 10 starting capital + free ticket to $ 1000 freeroll.

But it is good idea on other site too. It shows which poker rooms are worth your deposit and which rooms are just sucking you out from money.

Greetings,
xerx

P

petey88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have just started out playing poker and am a little unsure about putting money in yet untill i am a little more confident in my ability. Im going to try this. thanks for the advise. ;-)

dweezel

dweezel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've started a b/r from scratch on full tilt and poker stars. didn't win but a bunch of cashes. Anywhere from 30 cents to 20 bucks. Currently I have about 40 bucks in each and I am now venturing into the dollar sng's and playing some .05-.10 nl cash games.Both bank rolls are growing slowly and I still play the freerolls its good experience. It can be done. But you need to be patient "Rome wasn't built in a day" and neither will a bank roll. Also I waited till I got about 25 bucks before I played anything but freerolls.

S

slider_2001

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I won $2 the other day in a freeroll. I am down to $0.70 which isn't enough to get into any game on Full Tilt. I do have the resources to credit my account but, I am trying to emulate Chris Ferguson. I think I will try your approach for a while so I can enter more tournaments. For some reason, I have always done better in tournaments than cash games. Have I mentioned How glad I am to have found this site? Allot of awsome information on here from people who know the game better than I.

Last edited:
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As an update (and maybe some inspiration to those who are trying to get this strategy off the ground), I'm up to almost $9 on Full Tilt, funded purely by freeroll winnings.

It's taken me about three months to get to this stage - though signing up here and cashing in a CardsChat freeroll a fortnight ago was what really allowed me to get started properly.

If I can recommend one thing, it's that you cannot play your first real money games with the thought of "if I lose, I'm back to square one again" in your head: it's a recipe for disaster. Just play your best normal game, and as much as possible try to forget about the money.

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does bodog still have those cheap sitngoes where 5 of 10 spots pay? Those would seem to be the best place to ply this strategy.

Also, if you are on fulltilt, don't play SNGs until you can afford the $2. The $1 carry a 25% rake, and it takes an incredibly good player to consistently beat that.

W

will- e -gamble

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be done.I've done it couple of timeson fulltilt but lost it after mismanagement. Friend gave me $10 On 08-13-07 and I have built to $480 so far. I started mostly with heads up and ground my way up. Play what you arebest at.I didnt start playing cash until I got to $100. Ihave used much stricter bankroll management this time so hopefully I will continue to progress. You can do it too!!

J

jadle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
nice post buddies.

I read all of them, will try ;)

X

xerx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that Fulltilt is not best place for this challenge. Better is play in Ultimate Bet, there, if you have even $2, you can try start with $0.50+0.05 SNG-s and you have choice between 6 to 50 (or was largest 100) players SNG-s. Sounds a little better if pay $1+0.25 in Fulltilt and loose all your freeroll money. I played there today agayn one large $50 freeroll and have finished in final table, but thanks for one mistake not as 1.

D

donkeyboy1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I decided to try and build a BR from 0£ (because im broke :p) and just signed up to full tilt poker. But there are hardly any freerolls to join. They are pretty much all private freerolls and the ones i can join start pretty late at night so i can only play a couple of them.

Are there any freerolls im not seeing?