How to build a br from 0$ on ftp

oklacowboy

oklacowboy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone is talkin about buildin a br starting from zero by playin in freerolls on ft i have not tried ft yet to do that but i did start from zero and built up a br on poker4ever.com and now am upto over 60. in less then a month just playin freerolls they have alot of sng also and other cheap turneys u can get into, just a thought on another site u may try to build up a br on startin from zero.

Proud to be a Army Vet. Always remember to thank a vet for the freedom you have, it is because of them you have that freedom and be sure to thank them for it. Desert Strom 1991. US Army 1981-1993

E

ezza44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made $120 dollars in a bodog freeroll.. i think i posted a thread about it here a few months ago. Since i couldnt withdrawl the money i just blew it in some cash games. Then i won $5 in a pokerstars freeroll and now im building my br from there on. Still need some help in br management as i seem to win a bit the loose it very quickly.

Eour

Eour

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I decided to try and build a BR from 0£ (because im broke :p) and just signed up to full tilt poker. But there are hardly any freerolls to join. They are pretty much all private freerolls and the ones i can join start pretty late at night so i can only play a couple of them.

Are there any freerolls im not seeing?

Look under play money tounaments. A free roll starts every 2 to 4 hours. Lots of entrants though. To get in you need to sign up at the top of the hour ie 8:00. The touney starts 40 min later.

ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How im trying to do it!!!!!

I am also trying to build a br from $0 (from SA and cant deposit money:mad:) and have tried a few of the freerolls , but never seem to place (I know keep at it...its a bit of a crap shoot - lol).

What ive started to do is play on our local poker site (wont mention which - hint look at my profile:D) because the site doesnt have as much traffic as fulltilt and ive already placed a good couple of times - they also pay deep (as far as 20th).

Doing it this way im up to R217 in about 10 days (about $30) playing freerolls (they have 3 regular ones) and SnG R0.5/R1 aswell as a few 6 handed tournaments (R5 buy in + R.50) which pays R21 1st and R9 2nd place. These tournaments are nice because they are fast (10s to act) and by playing tight you can keep a decent stack until down to the last 3 or 4 then start bluffing every 3rd or fourth hand. They hate it:D:D.

Now my only problem is getting that money into an overseas account:confused:.
This shouldnt be a problem for you guys;)

PS. Another advantage is that because of our time difference (we are 6 hours ahead of you) our midnight tournament is at only 6 for you guys ie the players are tired

L

luettding

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Bob,
I don`t think it`s a good idea trying to build a bankroll from zero.

1. It`s not realistic to win $20 or more in just 2 month, just by playing freerolls (except you are much better than Chris Ferguson or extremly lucky).
Normal freeroll tournys are an all-in championchip. People go all-in with any two cards. The reason is the number of players and the prize structur.
If you are up against 2000 players in a $50 freeroll, it only makes sense if you end up in the first three places. The only chance to get there is to take high risks and build a huge stack or bust out early.

2. You can`t improve your game. It`s impossible to bluff people out of the hand when they have nothing to loose. It is just a card catching contest. Most of the hands go into a showdown, which is unlikely for no limit holdem. You might say they risk their tournament live. Well, there will be another one. Who cares, if there was no buy-in.

2. If you have the time to play freerolls, why not earn the money for a small first deposit? If you do so, you have a much bigger chance to increase your br (pacific poker, for example, offers a $500 First Depositer Freeroll with max. 500 Players. Normally 100 - 150 Players sign up). The first 20 Players will get paid. At least you will win $5 if you make it into the money. You are allowed to play 7 Tournaments in one week.

Please, don`t get me wrong. I´m not trying to say that idea is not worth a try. For me it`s just not the right way for the above reasons. What do you think about it?

Hang loose
Wolfgang

D

Dindek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes yes interesting, but you have to win first;P i like to build bankrol-heads up:) 1vs1:D

X

xerx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Wolfgang,

I think that with freerolls is possible earn more then $20 in week. I do it. Yes mostly are freerolls card caching contests, but only in early and middle-early stadium. In late stadium, when game will tighten and fishes and bad palyers will not receive any more good cards, they will shortly elliminated and survive can only experienced palyers and maybe some specially lucky fishes.

So If you play large freerolls strategically right, you can won, even if there is ower 4000 entrants.

Only question is time which you waste for $10 or $60. Maybe this time is much more woth.

Greetings,
xerx

D

donkeyboy1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone clear this up for me?

I heard that any money you win in a free roll, can not be withdrawn unless you deposit money first but if you deposit money after you win free roll money you cant get it out no matter what.

is this true or not?

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know of any site that will keep you from withdrawing money if you meet the requirements, which vary from site to site. Check the fine print.

X

xerx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone clear this up for me?

I heard that any money you win in a free roll, can not be withdrawn unless you deposit money first but if you deposit money after you win free roll money you cant get it out no matter what.

is this true or not?

Yes, it is true. All poker pages are on security reasons requiring minimum deposit before if you can make cashout. So, if you won there something and your sum is enaugh large, you should make your initial deposit and sometimes send them additional documents, like copy from passport, copy some invoices, credit card etc. Some pages have limited cashout to $5000 in month, it means, if your winnings are larger, you should share them smaller parts.

Some pages will restrict using freeroll money. It is there more like rake back, it means, that for clearing your winnings you should additionally play required number raked hands in money table (for example - Interpoker, BigJuicyOdds, Wingows and some more), so read before palying carefully their freerolls terms and conditions.

But mostely, if you already have deposited (even minimum), you have not more any restrictions for cashout.

X at Tripaces

X at Tripaces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with you for the most part, although im like dj... if i dont hit a final table in a fr... im hitting the next sng i can.. BUT... to differ from you, i play 2.25 9 handed non turbo's and make a killing. those sng's have saved me from going bust so many times. my problems seems to be, when i get to the 30-40 dollar area, i get to tny happy, and will hit all the 5.50 and 2.25 mtt's i can, going way beyond my br. i was just looking for that big swing... now that iv refocused.. iv came to terms to expect to just ship the br up, and if the big win comes, it comes.

X

xerx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, if you are enaugh experienced palyer, you can jump from other level to second, even if your bankroll is smaller as is normal for higher level games. But, if you learn, I think that this 10% limit is necessary. Other way you just will destroy your bankroll and you are agayn back in freeroll table - looking for your luck. For example, I finish gambling in money table, if I have losted max 1/5 in to table taked bankroll.

And if you hope, that the big win will just come, then is better play bingo :)

S

Stacie131

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are right on about the $1 sng's. The suckouts are almost unbearable.

I make all of my bankroll off of freerolls, and I think waiting until you have enough to play in several of the $5 games is better than goofing around at the $1 tables.

I'm not sure how many times I can lose to those two outers before I go crazy. I seem to be on a roll. I will definitley be patiently waiting until I have $100 or so from freerolls before diving into the $5 tables.

X

xerx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are right on about the $1 sng's. The suckouts are almost unbearable.

I make all of my bankroll off of freerolls, and I think waiting until you have enough to play in several of the $5 games is better than goofing around at the $1 tables.

I'm not sure how many times I can lose to those two outers before I go crazy. I seem to be on a roll. I will definitley be patiently waiting until I have $100 or so from freerolls before diving into the $5 tables.

Building my freeroll money bankroll to $ 100 has taken only 1 week, so if you are good player you can it even faster (really I did it only with 4 days). But freerolls looks be for beginning really good source, use it.

R

rufusforpres

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
personally i got my br up to $45 doing the 1.25 sit n goes. if you do the turbo tourney 9 seaters its almost impossible for someone with any poker talent to finish outside of the top 3. but your plan is nice for a more exped player to build their br faster. if you have patience tho i suggest the 1.25 9seat turbo sit n goes

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good idea i mean your talking about only winning 2 to 3 dollars i once won 4$ and went straight to the .05/.10 cash game and turned it into 11$ dollars pretty quick...this was about a year or two ago i havent tried a 2700 person freeroll on FT for a while those things are crazy and long as hell.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually just yesterday i finshed 10th in a Jungle poker freeroll.....it kinda sucked i mean top 20 got paid and only 25$ prizepool..but anyways i won a dollar....lol..and i went straight to the cash game of .02/.05 $ and im am currently at 4.35$....just puttin out there that another way to go at it is possible gamble a little and try to double up then save but i still think you have a good idea :)

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gees just got 21 on the bubble of 20 getting paid outta 150 what a bummer....tropical poker......seems to be easy small money lol

scooter9748

scooter9748

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its a great idea. I haven't won 2.00 yet but when I do I will try it lol. I did make it to the round 2 NBC 2day... wish me luck guys

1rainbow

1rainbow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not hard to build a bankroll from so little, i've done it & if i can do it anyone can :)

A-RAG

A-RAG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting, check out Chris Ferguson's challenge on full tilt for his perspective on Bank Roll management

Heard there is a tough crowd on Poker Stars so am starting there with nothing. Site I used to play crashed a lot.
If you want to sign up at poker stars use the links provided on this site.

poker stars despite no freerolls accept the satellites to the weekly is a very good site to build a bankroll from nothing. Some how if you can win a couple free bucks (maybe private freerollls or the daily 80K freeroll). Once you have a couple bucks there is options like the new .25 cent sngs that is where I started (also .10 cent 360 players but very volitile). Once I had 5$ I moved to the 1.10 turbo double or nothings. had an 85 percent win streak. I built up too 25$ and threw in some micro mtt tournaments with 20 percent payout structure, while continuing to also play the doublers. I broke the 50$ mark and started playing the 5$ doublers while still playing some micro mtt. I am over 100$ now and not sure what my next step will be. Hopefully not a bad streak. I will probably continue in the 5$ doublers and micro mtt for awhile.

shammalamma

shammalamma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it is true. All poker pages are on security reasons requiring minimum deposit before if you can make cashout. So, if you won there something and your sum is enaugh large, you should make your initial deposit and sometimes send them additional documents, like copy from passport, copy some invoices, credit card etc. Some pages have limited cashout to $5000 in month, it means, if your winnings are larger, you should share them smaller parts.

Some pages will restrict using freeroll money. It is there more like rake back, it means, that for clearing your winnings you should additionally play required number raked hands in money table (for example - Interpoker, BigJuicyOdds, Wingows and some more), so read before palying carefully their freerolls terms and conditions.

But mostely, if you already have deposited (even minimum), you have not more any restrictions for cashout.

I don't know about any other sites, but this is NOT true for pokerstars. I won 1.50 on Stars a few years ago in a freeroll, have never made a deposit, but have withdrawn hundreds over the last couple months a little at a time. Maybe they've changed this policy but I doubt it. Also, their checks don't have any fees which is nice.

M

MaxxxW

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice Thread , i´ve done it like this playing freerolls on serveral platforms like PS FTP TP etc.

I´ve got ~40 $ split on these platforms now waiting for the 20 $ barrier to hit on one and than going for some SNG´s