Why Do You Play Poker?

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for fun, especially when I play with great players. Poker gave me a lot of positive, I learned a lot

LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play poker because its me and the computer alone in the dark room of my house.No noise nobody.Only me and the machine.The loneliness is deep.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like that this is more a hobbie for me. Of course, in past i had some dreams of poker career, but looks like it,s really difficult to win any serious money in online poker. I want to play live also, but in our country live games is out of law, so i just have no way.

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because I like to compete. I like playing cards. I like strategy games and money games. This is probably the main reason why I play poker

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker gives me the opportunity to continue to engage my competitive spirit . Since poker is a mental game and provides absolutely equal games from a physical point of view, it is a great way for those who have a strong competitive spirit.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is a very interesting game. I play for fun

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
since I now have a lot of free time, I dedicate myself enough to learning and practicing poker. my plans will learn how to earn it. and poker disciplines me .[emoji106] [emoji815] [emoji814] [emoji813] [emoji812]

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, poker is a job, my favorite work from which I get pleasure, I wanted to work, I wanted to rest when you want, my own boss

Dimanis

Dimanis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play poker, there is a passion, a lot of different emotions. And of course a dream to win a million.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's not lie, we all love money and we play for it :):cool:

Cherepashkakry

Cherepashkakry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because of the emotions that it causes, makes me think and gives the opportunity to win money.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
... so i'd have an alternative to betting :cool:

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I play poker in case of a government overthrow or job loss. We all know poker can only et you so far. However, when people see you getting ahead in a job they take your job. So you need poker to get by in between jobs.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because it is fun, develops the reasoning and allows me to make some money, maybe until one day change of life earning a few thousand dollars

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play only for the money. I mean I love the game, but it only makes sense if played for an actual stake. Never understood players who play with virtual coins.

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think most people play poker because its hard to find oneself in life. There are many different reasons, but they boil down to one. I also dont just find myself, and while Im doing this, I spend time in poker))

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the process of thinking during the game. In a live game, looking at the faces of opponents and guessing their actions and maps is a good exercise for the mind. I like to disassemble difficult handouts of high limit players online.

B

bright019

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker at about 15. I believe the allure at that point was money and fame.

NOW - I had a life changing car accident January 8th. I'm writing this and playing a lot more poker because well quite frankly, what else am I going to do? Tomorrow will be just one day shy of three weeks being hospitalized with no target date on when I can get out of here and work on rehabilitation on my own.

Attached three fun pictures. This is the laundry list of injuries sustained on impact. Other driver was uninjured beside a sprained knee :p

Head to toe - Broken nose, Busted lip ( 2 stitches ) , Cracked sternum. 6 Cracked ribs, Punctured lung ( a needle decompression was used on the opposite lung in order to relieve pressure so I could breathe, Fractured right hand basically where you karate chop people that fifth metacarpal is out of place, 13 stitches just under my knee ( awaiting results of xray performed today )....

The real monster injury is in my right leg / ankle. It took them 25 minutes to extricate me and I was in and out of consciousness still at this point. The engine block had caved in and pinned my leg. Have about 20% bone loss and removal of my tibia. Fibula is mangled at the bottom as well as my heel / ankle have been blown out.

So - have fun out there and be safe. Always wear your seatbelt and obey the speed limit friends :)

Travis
BCP-horseshoebhole

That look nasty .What caused the accident? I hope you will recover completely !

B

bright019

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because it is one of the few hobby's that doesn't cost me any money.

E

Enthusiast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just because I like it, and sometimes it brings a nice bonus:)

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, i play poker because i like it a lot, and i also earn a few dollars.:D:p

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Head on collision

That look nasty .What caused the accident? I hope you will recover completely !

It IS nasty. I was leaving work a little early, around 10:30 AM on January 8th ( ive been in three different hospitals total ). It had warmed up a little ( around -10 when I left for work that day ) and I think it just made the ice extra slick. Came around a corner doing 55 in a 65 so its not like I was speeding but even 55 I guess was a little too fast. When I started to fishtail I remember trying to recorrect and I remember seeing another vehicle coming down the highway but it seemed pretty far away. Thats all I really remember. I lost consciousness on impact and was in and out until the paramedics were able to get my leg out from under the engine block.

I was driving a small sedan, 2015 civic. The gentleman I collided with was driving a Ford 550 with some accessory on the front of his vehicle that added some extra steel on his bumper ( its meant to keep your car from getting damaged from deer. Theyre everywhere here and just jump in front of cars for fun :p )

When I arrived at the first hospital all they did was throw some stitches in my bottom lip and then some stitches right below my knee ( just recently found out I fractured my patella as well. Just add it to the list at this point I really dont care whats broken because I am healing fantastically! They realized at that hospital - they were not equipped to deal with my injury. Unfortunately for my bank account they put me in a helicopter and flew me to Denver , CO where I could get the help I need ( apparently airlifting someone costs like $40,000 ) I was immediately put into my first surgery to put my Tibia bank into my skin ( it popped out of my ankle on the inside so it was considered an open fracture.

About two weeks into my stay they realized that I was a disabled veteran and that my healthcare coverage was given to me through the government and they took me by ambulance to a different VA hospital where I could get the care I needed as well as financially - they help with the bill.

So all in all I appreciate you for wishing a speedy recovery. Im praying that I can get out of here before 30 days hits. Ive got cabin fever! Going stir crazy out here I used to be a really active guy.

Have a great day and thank you again for the well wishes.

B

bright019

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It IS nasty. I was leaving work a little early, around 10:30 AM on January 8th ( ive been in three different hospitals total ). It had warmed up a little ( around -10 when I left for work that day ) and I think it just made the ice extra slick. Came around a corner doing 55 in a 65 so its not like I was speeding but even 55 I guess was a little too fast. When I started to fishtail I remember trying to recorrect and I remember seeing another vehicle coming down the highway but it seemed pretty far away. Thats all I really remember. I lost consciousness on impact and was in and out until the paramedics were able to get my leg out from under the engine block.

I was driving a small sedan, 2015 civic. The gentleman I collided with was driving a Ford 550 with some accessory on the front of his vehicle that added some extra steel on his bumper ( its meant to keep your car from getting damaged from deer. Theyre everywhere here and just jump in front of cars for fun :p )

When I arrived at the first hospital all they did was throw some stitches in my bottom lip and then some stitches right below my knee ( just recently found out I fractured my patella as well. Just add it to the list at this point I really dont care whats broken because I am healing fantastically! They realized at that hospital - they were not equipped to deal with my injury. Unfortunately for my bank account they put me in a helicopter and flew me to Denver , CO where I could get the help I need ( apparently airlifting someone costs like $40,000 ) I was immediately put into my first surgery to put my Tibia bank into my skin ( it popped out of my ankle on the inside so it was considered an open fracture.

About two weeks into my stay they realized that I was a disabled veteran and that my healthcare coverage was given to me through the government and they took me by ambulance to a different VA hospital where I could get the care I needed as well as financially - they help with the bill.

So all in all I appreciate you for wishing a speedy recovery. Im praying that I can get out of here before 30 days hits. Ive got cabin fever! Going stir crazy out here I used to be a really active guy.

Have a great day and thank you again for the well wishes.

Wow , compared to that every bad beat in poker feels like heaven I guess.