How to Handle Rude Players (Live)

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is usually best to just try and ignore that type of player . That is sometimes hard to do ,but it does seem to work the best . I think alot of the time they are just trying to get a reaction out of you , then they feel they got you off your game . Good luck , keep calm and stay on your game .

rafikjan

rafikjan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personally, I have no reaction because the opponent will use this moment if you fall in love with emotions. and so you can stand up and jaw break if you are not at the final table

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually don’t care at all, the way I look at it, if they are taking the time to come up with an insult to me he’s not focused on the game[emoji3]

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To behave culturally at the table to other players is one of the valuable rules of professionals
[emoji110] [emoji815] [emoji110] [emoji814] [emoji110] [emoji813] [emoji110] [emoji812]

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i agree - turn off chat if you can.

Live is another story. I admit, that while I am trying to tune the guy out, i will be trying to figure out how to take his chips. In and of itself, this is a form of tilt, and can lead towards suboptimal play. But taking their chips is the best punishment, isn't it?

A

Abubakarovich

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the best reaction is to ignore.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the severity of the rudeness, which there are rules for both online, and live, to handle these situations.
But for the life of me, it makes me nauseous hearing all these complaints from thin skin individuals who cannot handle some simple table trash talking during a game of poker.
Not sure who to criticize more, the parents who raised these individuals or the individuals themselves.
While we all want to have enjoyable games while playing the game of poker, let us not forget that poker is a very competitive game, especially when money is on the line, so instead of whining because we got our delicate feelings frayed, try closing the area in the sites software where you can view players chats, instead concentrate on winning the tournaments.
So much energy is wasted by individuals who become tilted or distracted because they were so focused on player’s chats.
Note: While my post may seem a little harsh for some, it really is meant with good intentions on dealing with the real world in playing this game that so many of us cherish.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the severity of the rudeness, which there are rules for both online, and live, to handle these situations.
But for the life of me, it makes me nauseous hearing all these complaints from thin skin individuals who cannot handle some simple table trash talking during a game of poker.
Not sure who to criticize more, the parents who raised these individuals or the individuals themselves.
While we all want to have enjoyable games while playing the game of poker, let us not forget that poker is a very competitive game, especially when money is on the line, so instead of whining because we got our delicate feelings frayed, try closing the area in the sites software where you can view players chats, instead concentrate on winning the tournaments.
So much energy is wasted by individuals who become tilted or distracted because they were so focused on player’s chats.
Note: While my post may seem a little harsh for some, it really is meant with good intentions on dealing with the real world in playing this game that so many of us cherish.
good and correct observation of the situation. I agree.
in the game there are things that are more important than to be distracted by rams and fish[emoji122]

Misely31

Misely31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
My first reaction is to ignore this type of people who only show their malpractice when they are losing, the important thing is to deactivate the chat so that we do not lose concentration, and concentrate as much as possible on winning the tournament. People who provoke and insult others are insecure, their behavior is usually determined by fear and the need to control the situation. Annoying people makes them feel powerful.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You mean online? Best way to avoid this is to turn off chat and focus on your game. Not worth the stress of having to deal with online trolls. If they can't take a beat, they should get out of the game.

T

trickytrev69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you gots know when to holdem no when to fold em

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who is a member of the club under the pseudonym on PS 1CAXAP ????? !!!!!
offended me in the chat? !!
Are you the god of poker?
for it I punished, you gave me all your stack !!!!!
so who of us is a fool? !!?
Do not write this to others in the chat if you won 4 hands and God is already?)))))

Last edited:
MTCIII

MTCIII

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think most of us were at least once in the unpleasant situation of being offended or receiving all kinds of inappropriate remarks in the table's chat about our way of playing especially when we won a hand against the offender. What was your reaction? How do you think is best to proceed in these kind of situations?

I started off playing @ NLOP/FREEPOKER.NET...and people seems at the beginning there was more verbal abuse going on than card playing, and for a while that was status quo. You would cuss and berate a player to get there mind off the hand. It would work sometimes, lol. I have times when 2 or 3 players would be jumping on me.
they finally installed "mute" buttons. These days I tend to look at my status in a game rather than the chat. Most places I play these days also have the dealer chat, so the chat scrolls pretty face. Also, it ez to laugh off a losing player these days. You sometimes have to have a think skin. I personally have not experienced any verbal bs in quite a while.

teteuc2

teteuc2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I begin to laugh at the nervousness of the opponent, but I do not respond in any way, uneducated person does not deserve our precious time.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I begin to laugh at the nervousness of the opponent, but I do not respond in any way, uneducated person does not deserve our precious time.
well said
and I did not answer. he's just punished[emoji106] [emoji122]

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to get rattled by negative comments in chat but since then I shrug it off and try to revert my focus back to the game I'm in. They will say some pretty nasty things though. Love the one where they say "hope you die in a fire" or "hope you get cancer" etc... Just ignore them. Peace and Good Luck at the tables.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had a guy just the other night in a live game berate me for calling his all-in with the nuts. He made the comment "women do not belong at the poker table" as he walked to the ATM machine. Thankfully the floor person heard him and asked him to leave. I get a chuckle out of men acting this way and it does not bother my game.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to get rattled by negative comments in chat but since then I shrug it off and try to revert my focus back to the game I'm in. They will say some pretty nasty things though. Love the one where they say "hope you die in a fire" or "hope you get cancer" etc... Just ignore them. Peace and Good Luck at the tables.
Well, how can this be desired by man?
Are these players?
these morons are unworthy[emoji33] [emoji33] [emoji33] [emoji33] [emoji33]

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it is just 1 or 2 comments I can ignore them but on a couple of cases I made them wish they never started things with me! I have broad shoulders and you can't say anything that bothers me. But if they keep it up it becomes a matter of principal. I don't like to do it but I can be as vulgar and vile as the next guy and if they were dumb enough to start I just don't let up until they offer a decent apology.:D:D

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is just 1 or 2 comments I can ignore them but on a couple of cases I made them wish they never started things with me! I have broad shoulders and you can't say anything that bothers me. But if they keep it up it becomes a matter of principal. I don't like to do it but I can be as vulgar and vile as the next guy and if they were dumb enough to start I just don't let up until they offer a decent apology.:D:D
they usually do not apologize, but the tail clamps and runs away with disgrace after losing all the stack[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

G

geoff4376

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If people are talking trash, that means you have gotten under their skin. Don't ignore them, encourage them. Needle them a bit. Talk trash back. They will get more emotional, and make more mistakes ;-)

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think most of us were at least once in the unpleasant situation of being offended or receiving all kinds of inappropriate remarks in the table's chat about our way of playing especially when we won a hand against the offender. What was your reaction? How do you think is best to proceed in these kind of situations?

I ignore them.

They are probably drinking or drunk.

S

SeriousBizzness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I see that someone is going to be either rude or obnoxious I just simply ignore them and try to tune them out. I won’t engage in any type of conversation with someone who is disrespecting me or the table

D

Dunder51288

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never ever chat at the table.

Organize a Home Poker Game Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands