Things said at the poker table that should be banned:

T

The Muppetteer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These ones come from my home game just wondering if you have any things that people say that you hate???

I called because they were suited,

I called because I had money in the pot,

I called because it’s my favourite hand,

Hold up just one time,

I know I’m behind but I call.

The Muppetteer :cool:

rcman1980

rcman1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I called because I WAS COMMITED ....
I called because I had outs....
I called because I like Gambling.....

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I'd ban just two things:

1. Singing The Gambler at the table. Especially if the only words you know are "You've gotta know when to hold 'em". And especially especially if you can't sing.

2. Saying "What's the minimum bet".

/dealertilt :p

VerbalKint

VerbalKint

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Well i didn`t put you on that. (obviously)
2. i`m sorry, is it my turn? (pay attention!)
3. I knew you had it. (then why`d you call silly!)
4. Any chat between Asian guys in between hands in a foreign language. I always hear this in AC. WTF are they talking about? ( Look at this donkey in the 3 seat. I`ll be spending his cash tonight! ha ha ha)

R

Ranger390

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My home game..."John! It's your turn!!!" John responds "Huh?" Guys that see him during the week swear that he's coherent at other times. Then, come Friday night, he's like a zombie! It wouldn't be so bad if he also wasn't the luckiest human being on the planet.

srt27300

srt27300

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
'ALL IN, ALL IN !' or 'COME ONE' or other incitations like that !
Or even those that are discussing of the hands of other players at the table (mostly when I'm one of the other players that go on playing the hand) ...
Another one - just for online games : "Would you let me see your cards if I fold now ? I'm sure you do a bluff !" (Why don't you follow me in that case ? :) ).
Last I've seen : "With so many chips in his bankroll on this tourneys, this guy can't be a donk !" => That after only 4/5 turns and the discussed guy has 6000 for a start stack of 1500 =====> Why can't he be a donk ?!
Or the contrary "Oh, this guys has only 500 remaining chips, so he his a donk that was beat by a good player !" => Illogic deduction based on a short experience

Others ? I'm sure yes, but I've not anymore in mind currently :)

What a funny subject ! Excellent idea : "muppetteer" :)
Cheeers,
Stef

C

chrisdione

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much is the bet?How many people in the hand? and evenHow much you got left? after every hand they play in drive me nuts on top of all the ones that have been mentioned above.Not paying attention really aggravates me. I have a small tolerance for stupidity. LOL

S

stridsmr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"I'm gonna call — because I'm drunk." --This actually happened to me at a charity card room. Needless to say, I lost the hand. Good thing I was freerolling.

This may surprise some people, but I would also ban people from saying "Nice hand" when they clearly don't mean it. I understand etiquette and all that, but I would rather people not say anything than force themselves to call someone's big suck-out a "nice hand." Say something like "That's poker" or "it happens" instead.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This may surprise some people, but I would also ban people from saying "Nice hand" when they clearly don't mean it.

You mean like when you raise your pocket A's from the button and some moron calls you from middle position with 35o and pulls a str8. And then some idiot always has to say "Nice Hand". I do hate that!

riverboatrat

riverboatrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This may surprise some people, but I would also ban people from saying "Nice hand" when they clearly don't mean it. I understand etiquette and all that, but I would rather people not say anything than force themselves to call someone's big suck-out a "nice hand." Say something like "That's poker" or "it happens" instead.

I often say this to morons to get them to believe they played right. Afterall, I want them to keep calling everytime I have a monster.

They are our bread and butter, not ?

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You mean like when you raise your pocket A's from the button and some moron calls you from middle position with 35o and pulls a str8. And then some idiot always has to say "Nice Hand". I do hate that!

YES!!! Gawd bless the internet. There are dozens, possibly hundreds of people alive today because I couldn't get my hands on them. :mad: First the donk that pulled the move and then the idiot who says "nice hand". Especially back in my younger days when I would respond with the "Are you nuts?!?!? That was the worst play in history of poker because..........." and they don't have a clue what you're talking about. I stopped doing the response thing quite some time ago. Waste of time and raises my blood pressure.

Vollycat

Vollycat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"I think I'm pregnant and it's yours."
(sorry couldn't resist)

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you want to discourage any of these things? Basically they all boil down to the same meaning; "I'm a bad player and over the long run you'll win all my money."

BTW my absolute favorite thing to hear is "I played [whatever trash I just beat you with] because 3s / 6s / hearts / whatever are HOT tonight". The proper response to this stupidity is of course, "Yeah, I've noticed that too."

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only one i hate is " Please hold up one time" How many times have we had it hold up?????? If u been playing poker long enough its held plenty of timess..... Gimme a break

thekazh

thekazh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My number 1 at the FISH-EXPLANATIONS-LIST is:

Off course it was the right decision to call allin with bottompair on the flop since I caught trips on the river against your toppair

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"I KNEW IT WAS COMING!!"

please give me a break.....:cool:

J

jedimoose

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im plain sick of hearing the word donkey used as poker terminology. Everyone seems to use the term which makes it meaningless. I guess everyone who plays poker is a donkey. Used to only hear it online, but the term is now used in all the live games i play as well.

O

overtop69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't worry about what other's say. Most of the time it is to justify their actions....or confuse yours. Stick to your game and ignore others input.....especially if it is upsetting. Remember: a clear mind wins.

roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely should be banned:

"Fold already!"

from a player NOT in the hand, as another player kept calling my bets with what was clearly a losing hand.

:mad:

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My mom: "I just called to keep you honest" with J2o on a AKK board that I raised all in.

(I don't like the idea of my mum being that bad at playing poker - but she is)

:p

spranger

spranger

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
"You called the bet with 10 6? YOU ARE AN IDIOT?"
"She called the bet with KING QUEEN? God what an idiot!"
- the Brat

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW, is four A's a good hand?

Sorry I farted!

irnman76

irnman76

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
and another famous one... "I'm shoving all in because I have to leave the tournament"

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya, 'nice hand' coming from some muppet not in the hand, when you get sucked out on, with runner runner. Suckouts are not nice hands.