• Poll closed .
grzech

grzech

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frajer z australii

I think after my last games, and poker in reality, however, lucky - at some level you have to have luck - up otherwise you can not niestety- can be wrong with a super player with a good prediction, a good settlement and mathematician at a high level, no reference will be successes or in general will have a negative balance still - just - can byuc a percentage of a percentage of nothing ever win - just in decisive moments will przegrywac those systems - already gives you another example from my game today

I thought that I mad as ever - it was mojajedna many osdtatnio worst cancer in the game where the winning hand this probably won me a guest pass for Saturday Splash - but unfortunately - as always I must do without the taste only:mad: :cool:

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that poker is the ability to properly assess the situation. And it comes just with skill. Only your combination depends on luck. But it is just one hand.

S

SyCo

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah you wait until you get good cards - thats the strategie and then you go in and will see what the flop brings... If it all good you raise, thats strategie too. If other player player have good cards and you are holding nothing you are go fold thats strategie too. I think its a strategie to handle the chances and luck.
So: 75% Strategie and 25 % luck.
If you play without strategie you will nearly lose every game. If you play with strategie you win and lost, so strategie is absolut needed!

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Mix of both, but at the end the skils will give you final tables more often than luck.

J

jefbb1790

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck or Skill

Poker is a combination of both in my opinion. Get in with the best hand, read your opponent correctly and the rest is up to the cards

C

CashBerry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
starts with skill

skill, luck, well timed aggression

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if I say luck then that means everybody has an equal chance at the table, but if I say skill then that means that some players have an advantage over others. So, for the sake of keeping new blood in the game, I am going to have to say that is a mixture of skill and luck. In fact, everybody knows that beginners have all the luck, right?

L

L0RDVAD3R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
'Drawing on a database of 456 million player-hand observations from a year's worth of online games, academics discovered players who ranked in the top-performing ten per cent in the first six months were more than twice as likely as others to do similarly well in the next six months.Researchers from the University of Nottingham, working with colleagues from Erasmus University Rotterdam and VU University Amsterdam, also noted that players who finished in the top one per cent in the first half of the year were 12 times more likely than others to repeat the feat in the second half.'

L

L0RDVAD3R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although this study was completed early in 2015, it takes a long time for such things to come to a head for most governments, but it seems the general concensous is weighing more and more towards the opinion that poker is a game of mostly skill, ergo it cannot be tax exemp in the UK.

And even though these same people that studied 456 million hands with there software came to this bankroll crushing conclusion, they did not pick up on the emotional, crushing, laptop smashing feeling of getting hit with a bad beat for the 3rd time in a row, to put you just out of the money in a tournement you've just played for several hours.

The Math says it all. The fact that the top money makers in the world live,and online constantly cash in enough to earn a very good living from it. At the moment there is still currently a deal between the USA and the UK for any winnings won by a UK player in the USA won't pay tax on it. We'll since it isn't yet taxed anyway why is that important?

It is because that may remain a rule for sometime yet, but taxable poker winnings for many people is not too far away im sure, as the online aspect becomes more and more regulated. Many people think it's a bad thing, I for one am happy they are doing it, so the Americans can get back into online play. I don't live there,but i felt bad for them when most of the sites stopped allowing their transactions. Not good for the game. Neither is the way things are going with Russia's crack-down on internet control.

Since the govenrment in Russia is struggling to control it, then they will most likely try and ban it with the excuse it's being used to launder money (pokerstars is already on their black list), just like the USA did a few years ago. But taxing poker winnings is not easy if for example the site they play on (pokerstars being one of the main ones) where the uk site is based in the Isle of Mann (a capitol tax haven).

So maybe we may see less Russians playing, which again is bad for the game. I feel personally that Taxed winnings may not be too far away in the UK. but it's better than the alternatives, and very few poker sites the world over are willing to argue with large governments.

Sorry if i got a bit off topic, but yes poker is a game of skill,and also luck, but theres not enough luck in it for winnings not to be taxed apparently.

Last edited:
M

mikeisanace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of cyclical random occurrence nothing more.

AlyLauren

AlyLauren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The answer is both, its a game of skills and luck.

M

MikeTheEngr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck and skill, but lately it seems like lucky wins out.

ayo

ayo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider 80 % skill and 20 % luck. AT the end, skill wins.

K

keyrex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i win it is becuase of my poker skill, when i lose it is becuase i have had some incredible bad luck.

F

franbx3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in the long run is 80% skills 15 % pacient and 5% luck ..

A

asauceda1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is by far a mix of both. Obviously nothing is 100 percent when it comes to poker unless of course you have the absolute nuts then its a guarantee. But I deff feel that poker is a mixture of luck,skill, and knowing your opponents tendencies. - a noob

H

Hedgehog

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fifty-fifty. Skill is 50% for success and luck is important also.
Everything comes to him who waits.

gustavo2104

gustavo2104

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The poker its a game of skills (90%) and luck (10%), If you do not know what you're doing you will not win, but sometimes (very few) doing everything correctly may lose

V

VelosoG7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in terms of online poker, I think it´s 50% 50%, because a lot of people who enter just beting high values with 7´s and 2´s in pre-flop can get to the 10%best players´ zone!! But in real, skill counts a lot, especially if the buy-in in more than $100

J

JaneMars312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its game of luck and skill, there are some strange situations, when we can say that we are really very lucky

J

j10prokopiak

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill, but without luck you cant win :)

C

Chazzorik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts