Men or Women? Who Plays Better?

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think any player, whether male or female, can be good at playing poker. It depends a lot on the study of the physical language and its understanding as the study of the theory to be able to cover the whole game and leave nothing left to chance

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thing Women range is more then the usual in poker live situation. Maybe thats why you dont see too much in final table. And I presume the women pretend to bluff or call with a bluff rarely vs men. The women want to see a flop more often then usual. Thats my point of view in my area. ;)

Olgert1992

Olgert1992

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not consider a person's sex. Here you need to look at the possibilities. If a person understands the techniques, he knows mathematics, he can be both a woman and a man.

iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its really not down to gender more to do with intelligence and skill

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I respect women, but men are better in poker

adamovic

adamovic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think we can compare ,they are more men players tham women , thas is a fact , but i realy think that a woman can have the same scucces like a man , just in our society man and woman have different approach to [poker ,and different education for a boys and girls .

Kevin Stark

Kevin Stark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that a woman and a man can play on the same level. The main thing is to be able to realize your strengths. Women can have some advantages, and men have others. You just need to find them.

1gotya

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
more men play so better players tend to be men but women can play just as well just need more women players :icon_bigs

max entropy

max entropy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's all about personality and psychology of any gender.It depends of the person and the mood of the present.If the 67% in games are men,then the most possible 3 winners are 2 men to 1 woman.

M

matenq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think women can play just like men.
But there are a lot more men than women and therefore more men who win.

Poker is time-intensive. Women do not want to spend so much time.

T

troymcjessy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Vanessa Selbst is one of the best but men in general just seem to have a competitive edge in poker. Part of the problem is that we need more women to play and study the game

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play against 3 women this week on a 10 place table and all the rest was men. Beleive it or not when a lady have big hand they limp all the way to the river. How can you bluff her when they limp all bigs hands lolll. Anyway dont working for me this week against women. When someone 3 bet or reraise a 3bet you know your A-10 off i no good but ladies call this type of hand. this is from my side of the story.

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vanessa Selbst is one of the best but men in general just seem to have a competitive edge in poker. Part of the problem is that we need more women to play and study the game

I thing she waiting for her men tranformation. Because she can play with every kind of men in this planet. Vanessa she's the most agressif player I know.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it all depends on the player how men and women can play good or bad, or simply more men playing

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not see any difference in this. The fact, that people of both sexes are able to really get carried away by poker, speaks about common features. Most likely, gradually comprehending the cunning game, the two sexes gradually erase the line between themselves. The best players are those who have more training. It does not depend on sex.

A

adrianB1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I belive men are better and allwais will be...women are also good but just can play at high levels like us...:))....sorry girls but at the tables we are the best..:))

L

Lelenaki

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Women don't lose their temper as easy as men

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
incredibly, it is still so important)):confused:
??

M

matiascecci1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is impossible to know, many women are better than many men, as there are many men better than many women.
Skill does not depend on gender, nationality, or skin color.
There are always people born with a superior ability to others, but hard work is indispensable, and practice to be better.

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, women, women's intuition is much superior to men's. And in the game for "live" tables, woman always has a pair of hidden trump cards in her sleeve.. well, or under her blouse:rolleyes:

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the female mind: ease to understand others and their rapid reading nonverbal language. And especially it shows how to convert the numerical disadvantage and prejudice infallible weapons.
From this small glimpse of the mind of a player we can deduce that indeed, women have their own style influenced by its own characteristics.
Now, finally, other proven differences that can get closer to understand the attitudes of each sex at the poker table:
Of course, it is impossible to forecast or generic assessment of the greater or lesser skill, but it can be argued that differences also make the game and the styles are revealed otherwise.
All this is to say that we are no differences, originated in those innate or learned from each gender inclinations, and we can learn from each other.
The interesting thing is to read the opposite type of game and why not? nourish him.
more intuitive men and women can be more competitive synonymous with formidable players. Maybe that's why we need each other and share as beautiful life learning together.
I seriously don't that there is a significant difference in poker ability between a man and woman that grew up in the same environment. The thing is, most women are told indirectly that poker is a "boys game" this leads to a very small number of women entering and those that do are rarely "top" players. The richest female poker player is Selbst, and she's not exactly feminine.

In doyle's bible, he wrote that he has seen many women that were very good by professional standards but never any top players. He also said he didn't like playing with women because it seemed disrespectful.

Thinking like doyle's as factual as it may be hurts the chances of many future successful women players emerging. The general philosophy that poker is a "man's sport" ends up being a self-fulfilling prophecy.