Jeff Gross (Poker Pro) - Ask Me Anything!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

CardsChat Pro/Twitch Partnered Streamer
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very good flow. Just thank you for sharing your games. One issue only. How many days do you play per week? GL+

How often I play really changes.. I use to play more but still enjoy it very much. I focus more now on streaming & content then playing but I really enjoy it. Sometimes it is 3 weeks straight on twitch during SCOOP/WCOOP sometimes its off for few weeks. Really depends!
Thank you for the good luck! Same to you.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey! It's Jeff Gross Poker, Whats up ?? Nice to see you answering questions. Simple one here, Do you pay any online cash or is it strictly mtt's?? I am sure you will jump in some live cash games around the tourney schedule. Thanks for answering the "little" people.:eek:
Hey! I played primarily live cash for long time. I don't play online cash any more really ever. Mostly online & live mtt w/ some live cash mixed in. :)

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Jeff, i have a question.
I like playing tournaments, but i get mad when everyone making all-ins, and big raises every time. Every single round. After 30-40 minutes i usually throw my cards almost every hand because i dont want to get knocked out from the tour, but they keep raising big amount of coins. Could you give me some advice about this?
Thanks.
Hey! I'm not sure I am understanding the question exactly, it sounds like for play money? Wait for a premium hand and punish them!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff. I am also here for the first time, as far as I understand you are a professional player of the poker stars team. Nice to meet you. Be sure to subscribe to your channel on YouTube and Twitch. So far I have no questions, so I wish you good luck in poker. In the meantime, I read what questions you have already asked, so that I do not repeat them.
awesome thanks again! Let me know your twitch name!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jeff, what's the number one thing that separates a recreational player and a professional?
willingness to take risk as well as discipline. Taking time to study not just play for sure.

B

bttrkks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Jeff, followed your Stream last time, was quite entertaining, will watch some more of it.

Im reading a lot about Coaching Sites or Pokerschools, what do you think about that? Is that ripp off or can you suggest a good one? Im trying to continue to learn more about poker and some visiual trainings (video etc) would help me a little bit. A monthly and fair fine would be okay to me

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't speak for all pro players, but I can talk about my start. I started playing .25/.50 live w/ friends and then the same online 6 -max. I ran up a roll from starting w/ a small amount. What makes a pro pro is hard to say. Basically someone who is able to support themselves from Poker. A pro also conducts him or her self in a professional manner on and off the table.
I like it. so do you think youa playrr who is good could become a pro if they do not have a bankroll could become pro by stacking off of freerolls and if so do you personally know of any pros have done so

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like it. so do you think youa playrr who is good could become a pro if they do not have a bankroll could become pro by stacking off of freerolls and if so do you personally know of any pros have done so
Ive never heard of anyone that is currently pro making it off of freerolls as there startup, I have heard of people depositing a couple hundred bucks and end up winning the wsop satellite to the mainevent and then taking first in the whole thing. That was Chris Moneymaker I beleive

S

SteveyG45

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Q5o is def not a strong hand, I would avoid playing this almost always! With that being said, q5 I would rather have then q6 or q7 as it can make straights w/ the wheel. But would avoid putting money into the pot w/ this hand whenever possible!

Thanks Jeff, I feel the same. Just can't understand why someone would call a raise with the hand.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey! I'm not sure I am understanding the question exactly, it sounds like for play money? Wait for a premium hand and punish them!

I think tournaments are more intricate, there is more variation then with stack sizes and how to play different bb situations. Cash games is more "solved" if you will 100bb+ deep, not as many soft games online. Think mtt will always be lucrative to those that study & put in the time.
Couldn't agree more about the intricacies of tournament structure being unsolvable due to so many beautiful mathematical factors

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff,

Please give some guidance about the battle of the blinds from the SB's perspective - when the table folds to the SB in tournaments.

Are you ever giving the BB a walk?

Thanks.

Last edited:
deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What did you learn in poker that made all the difference in your results?

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jeff, make 2019 even better for all of us. I want to invite you to come play today's last freeroll of the year at pokerstars with us, if available. My noble embrace.

N

nandoabelha

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing going on streaming? would like to watch

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello jeff i want to ask you how u control your tilt u have any tips because im playing good some tournaments and sometimes i just tilt and throw it up

seven_outs

seven_outs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jeff, what do you think about slow play?

M

MrP

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
BIG THANKS

Hey Jeff just stopped by to thank you for the videos you post on YouTube I have learned a lot and improved my game
Keep the work going

K

kelvin22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
willingness to take risk as well as discipline. Taking time to study not just play for sure.
In terms of study, could you recommend something like a "begginer's guide" ? Preferably something that contains a complete dictionary of gameplay (weird) terms, and provides good insight as well as potential strategies? I would like to read more and see how it copes with what i already know, maybe find weaknesses and potentially improve myself.

500hpawd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before the onslaught of questions im about to ask lol Hello how are you and its nice to meet you.What made you decide to go pro? Do you have any other sources of income other than what you profit for example do you also sell on ebay or amazon? Also what kind of bankroll management do you stick to? Thank you for your time, Have a great day and good luck on the felt!

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What has been your funniest experience in the gamble?

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello Yeah I know that becoming a professional is difficult but can you get that at 32 yrs old or is it too late to have to deal with early on. Thank you.

Hello Jeff know that professional poker players are making mistakes if you do what you do to do it you forget it or try not to think about it in a cash game you can take a little break but in a tournament how do you handle this? a great player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Jeff, do you only play tournaments or do you also play Spin & Go's? I wanted to focus more on my Spin & Go plays, because i feel like playing HU is my strongest part of the poker game (atleast while playing online) and it's pretty easy to get to HU, because only 3 players on the table, but lately its been more downswing. Any suggestions how to improve my Spin & Go gameplay? WHat to focus etc?

P

Pallaton

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand Feedback / Analysis

Looking for feed back from a hand. Mistakes?, Each Player?

50NL, 400 BB Effective Deep Stacks (6 handed)

Preflop UTG Straddle to $1, Folds to BTN who opens to $3.50, 1 fold, BB calls, UTG raises to $12, BTN calls, BB folds

Flop ($36.25) 9♣️ 10♠️ J♣️ UTG checks, BTN bets $12, UTG calls.

Turn ($60.25) 6♦️ UTG checks, BTN bets $18, UTG calls.

River ($96.25) 2♥️ UTG checks, BTN jams $174 All-in, UTG($152 stack) folds.

hands: UTG: A♥️ A♠️ BTN: A♣️ 8♣️

A

AxelJPB77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jeff

Hi Jeff.
At what age did you start this great sport?:confused: