Drugs and Poker

Mark rolfe

Mark rolfe

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow that's some f*ed up stuff in here, if you need to take sedatives because otherwise you will freak out playing poker, you probably shouldn't be playing poker...

I agree 👍🏻

H

Halid68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know lot s of my friends smoking weed and they are really patient and good players when they doing this :)

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i been smoking weed near 35 years i cant say it makes me play any different-as far as coke gave that up 21 years ago along with booze, both make you play differently -im sure booze affects your play never played while high on coke

pocketelf0

pocketelf0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weed in moderation you will play fine.. There are pro stoners, nobody actually knows the percentage of concentration lost from smoking as it varies from person to person, for new smokers obviously, you will suck and should not

Acehigh562

Acehigh562

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drugs will make losing money feel okay lol

S

sadiulas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never use drugs while I'm playing poker. Sometimes I drink alchohol , but no drugs. I really dont think drugs and poker mix in a good a way. But I have heard that some people use the drugs to play more hands, dont sleep , be more attentive.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Who played "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", "Gunblade", "Rambo III" or "Street Fighter II" at arcade machine knows: "WINNERS DON'T USE DRUGS" :p

O

oshriosh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the if u play while you are high you will must probbly lose

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never use drugs while I'm playing poker. Sometimes I drink alchohol , but no drugs. I really dont think drugs and poker mix in a good a way. But I have heard that some people use the drugs to play more hands, dont sleep , be more attentive.

Alcohol is a drug.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My only drug when poker game, a good coffee ...
but if my opponents want to use drugs, I'm happy with that, poker brain failure.... huhsuhshsuus

J

Jnuttall26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let them get high and I will take all their money!! :)

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker sober is boring. I have more fun and focus better when high :D

Jastinmaster

Jastinmaster

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love under the grass to play,have clear,calm helps me

Acehigh562

Acehigh562

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing on Xanax even tho I usually take only half a bar and a couple beers but I could never win but I sure love playing on it lol bet safe and gl all

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am sure some of it is performance enhancing, some is recreational, and some is some degen behavior

J

johnnygadget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I've been high for several hours before playing then I'll usually play just as well as when sober, but if I start playing sober and then get high, I start playing a lot tighter and making stupid folds.

Jastinmaster

Jastinmaster

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
right now ooopsies and money super pret)))))))

fuxzao

fuxzao

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the effect of alcohol is very bad, at most the effect of caffeine

B

Biznardian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

At first is alcohol a drug and I think it has a more negative influence then any weedor hash. Though it can influence your concentration but alcohol makes you less rational, I think.
But also everybody is different and has different outcomes :)

iugiug

iugiug

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Marijuana in my humble opinion is the worse drug to use when playing poker, but it's also the least destructive long term. It just makes your brain mush and usually paranoia sets in as well. It will make you a rock at the table. You'll probably be afraid to bluff and call correctly because your apprehensions go up. It's known I believe that alcohol has the polar opposite effect compared to marijuana. Personally Marijuana smoking or under the influence of while playing just does not mix at all. Every other substance works well with poker I found. I'm not at all condoning the use of any drug. It's just interesting the way Marijuana has a particular bad mix with poker. I understand some might react to it differently, but it's hard to imagine that it helps their game in the short term, like alcohol does for many.

Bob23bk

Bob23bk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Marijuana in my humble opinion is the worse drug to use when playing poker, but it's also the least destructive long term. It just makes your brain mush and usually paranoia sets in as well. It will make you a rock at the table. You'll probably be afraid to bluff and call correctly because your apprehensions go up.

Quite the contrary, I find that cannabis helps keep me calm and in control.. Rather than jump to a conclusion, I may think it through further and make sense of the action in tough situations. Plus, I don't think being 'a rock at the table' is necessarily a bad thing :p. As you said though, imho and ymmv!

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
if someone is addicted to drugs or to alcool use them as an execuse in everything he do even to poker they think they make them brave make them aggressive players its an illusion their dont play with strategy and anyway its more value to have a good condition of health

J

johnnygadget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any stimulant helps me play better. I'm generally more focused and aware of what's going on around the table, and this awareness helps me decide if it's a good time to bluff or play it slow or whatever, and I just seem to do a lot better and make better play decisions with stimulants.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a good combination for poker.