alcohol and poker are not compatible.what do you think?

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
OK

It's OK if you keep it to a minimum. Poker is a game of constant decisions. A clear mind to make the correct poker decisions is critical to success at the tables.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will not lie. let my opponents do what they want, alcohol drugs, it's their business and their responsibility in the game. it only suits me

Y

ypiru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me for sure, its not a good combination! i feel very sleepy lol hahahaha

ERICBR30

ERICBR30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, but at home game with friends beer can not be missed.

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course they are not compatible ... onece I lose 1000$ playing while drinking ... trust me never do that

bablo

bablo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree you can not take alcohol when you have important tournaments ahead of you.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alcohol takes precedence over reason and emotions
this is very detrimental to the game and the loss of BR

M

mezabruzik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no need to drink at the poker table,as you will lose your entire bankroll.

rafikjan

rafikjan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's like working, you do not drink in the workplace and in poker, if you start a game session and you start it to make money, you need to focus and motivate the result. Drink this obvious flaw.
In general, I do not drink alcohol if beer and sometimes only .. But in some aspects, when a lot of money is at stake, I think it will not hurt to drink to neutralize nervousness

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to drink while playing poker and i find it works pretty well for 2 reasons,,,1:It takes away fear. 2:It makes you aggressive too. :boxing: That's why you see alot of players drinking at the tables,,,and at home.But it's in some peoples nature to overdo it,,,,:stoned: and other's just can't handle their booze. :eek:

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can drink when poker is a hobby.
if the game is like a job, it's dangerous to drink.
suppression of fear is not always good ... fear should not be at all in the game, there must be self-confidence and action or no certainty.
if much happens at the most crucial moment

A

Abubakarovich

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On the one hand, alcohol and poker - great fun. On the other hand, he pushes to questionable steps. As a consequence, more often it leads to the loss.

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drinking and playing are absolutely thebworst thing u can do. Especially online where u can just press a button and lose an entire stack. And it goes for all drugs. I make it a point to never use drugs or alcohol when i play. U dont need it, it will never help you

J

Jkendrick888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally booze and poker don't mix. I don't mind having a few drink later on in a poker session. But fun fact I did when a big 162 with about 10 beers in me. But I know for a fact that being drunk makes me a worse player over all so I try and stay away from it.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you must drink milk[emoji479][emoji480], eat vegetables and fruits[emoji519][emoji520][emoji521][emoji522][emoji523][emoji524][emoji526][emoji525][emoji529].
and when you won a major tournament, you can drink as much as you want[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ilari Sahamis (Ziigmund), made a fast career as a professional poker player, but he became famous not only for victories, but also for dubious antics, which are explained by his craving for alcohol. according to Ilari Sahamis himself, alcohol caused a loss of almost $ 3,000,000 per session.

It's ok to have a couple so long as it does not impair your ability to make good decisions.

E

eyeluvpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never drink while playing poker even if it is free. I do love it when others are drinking. The more they drink the looser they get and I just wait for the right moment to strike. They might have a great time drinking at the table but most will go home broke!

H

havealittlefaith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely not compatible in a competitive setting. If you're playing a home game with your friends and you just want to drink, talk, play, and have a good time that's perfectly fine. If you're playing seriously though you need to keep a clear head and no disorient yourself so alcohol is a no go.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No off course not , if u re playing poker seriously, better not mix alcohol with poker. If you re playing for fun , few drinks won t hurt hehe . Good luck

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol and poker are completely incompatible. Under the influence of alcohol 9 times out of 10 you will lose your money and at best not the whole bankroll!

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...alcohol should be monitered..since i do play in a bar/pub league on friday nites during winter..of course there is drinking.. i do not overindulge..maybe 2 ... 3 if i run good ...have to drive after...there is always an incident or two,birthday,celebrations,etc ..players watch for each other...thanks darrell

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that alcohol and poker can not be combined. Poker is a game of patience and discipline and alcohol is incompatible here.

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I have some of the best times when drinking and playing. its all about how much...
you can be capable to play and drink...sometimes it may even help you play a bit more focused believe it or not...

B

beavis22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when i drink, I play well,,,the problem with drinking is jumping up and playing higher limits then your bankroll warrants..so my advice is it's:cool: fine to drink...just do not play high limits.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol is not only not compatible with poker, it is not compatible with life at all. How can the poison be useful ?