6 or 9 player tables?

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you all prefer for cash games? 6 player tables or 9?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For beginners usually recommend 9max tables. But they are getting smaller. Better, probably, immediately learn 6max.

J

julianz86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you all prefer for cash games? 6 player tables or 9?

I prefer to change from 9 to 6, and back.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would rather play a full 9 handed table but sometimes they're all taken and I just want to play so I sit at a 6 handed table.

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 handed,is quicker,in a full ring you get more limpers

G

gouloum16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
me i like 6 plater table better espacialy on small buy in tournament becaise to many player play on all kind of card its hard to win on 9 player table when he Always have 3-4 player every hand

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 9 players at the table. I believe that 9 players has worked out better for me and has given me better winning percentages.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play both formats, but I tend to somewhat prefer full ring. The regulars in full ring tend to be a bit more on the tight and passive side, which makes them easier to play against in my opinion. Its very personal though, and if you like action and getting into “wars” with other players, you will probably enjoy 6-max more.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6max:

Pros:

More action in upper levels.
More action in small sites.
More flops turns and rivers so bigger win rate if you read hands good post flop.

Con:

Variance

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I prefer 9 PLAYERS tables.6 PLAYERS has strange configuration for me.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on your level of comfort and understanding of Poker. I prefer to play 6 max because there's more action. I find there's more fish in the pools because they are also looking for fast action which helps out our win rate,

The down side of 6 max and why some people still like to play 9 max is to limit variance. Because 6 max has fewer players and every player is closer to the button, ore players will be playing a wider range of hands then they would be in a 9 max table game.

I hope this helps! If you're at the tart of your poker career I think 9 max is a good place to start even if you just play a few hundred hands there to get the feel for it, then more into 6 max and master them game!!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on your level of comfort and understanding of Poker. I prefer to play 6 max because there's more action. I find there's more fish in the pools because they are also looking for fast action which helps out our win rate,

I on the countrary find, that 6-max has almost no fish at all but only aggressive regulars 3-betting, 4-betting and bluff raising like crazy, and that is why, I tend to prefer full ring. If once in a blue moon, there is a fish at a 6-max table, it rarely last more than 5 minutes, before he leave.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I on the countrary find, that 6-max has almost no fish at all but only aggressive regulars 3-betting, 4-betting and bluff raising like crazy, and that is why, I tend to prefer full ring. If once in a blue moon, there is a fish at a 6-max table, it rarely last more than 5 minutes, before he leave.

I should qualify this with I play micros lol. But there's plenty of people who will call your Jam with middle pair playing 2NL Zoom lol.

You're right tho I assumed it was a new player who would be playing at low stakes, Maybe 6 max isn't the best place to start, it's just where I started and I love it lol :elefant:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is all generalizations of course, and I am talking about stakes from 10NL to 25NL. I dont really care about 2-5NL, because there you are playing for the price of nothing. I have mostly played full ring, but when I venture into 6-max I find, than more often than not I end up on a table with 5 other regulars, or in the very best case I got the nightmare seat at the direct right of the fish. I think, the full ring games tend to be softer, and for me this is crucial. Nobody is good enough to beat the rake at stakes like 10-25NL, if they sit all day and play against other regulars, so its just a complete waste of time.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 6max by speed and less variables

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is all generalizations of course, and I am talking about stakes from 10NL to 25NL. I dont really care about 2-5NL, because there you are playing for the price of nothing. I have mostly played full ring, but when I venture into 6-max I find, than more often than not I end up on a table with 5 other regulars, or in the very best case I got the nightmare seat at the direct right of the fish. I think, the full ring games tend to be softer, and for me this is crucial. Nobody is good enough to beat the rake at stakes like 10-25NL, if they sit all day and play against other regulars, so its just a complete waste of time.

Thanks for laying it out for me like that actually, I think I might have a look at playing some 9 max to pad my bankroll and maybe play a little bit of it to start when I move up a buy in level. I like the action of 6 max but I like winning money more lol If I find it's more profitable for me I might start playing it more regularly.

Thanks again for laying it out like that!

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the longest time, I have been prefering 6 players max. Mostly in tournaments. But recently I have been finding success in a 9 player table.

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play with less player as possible, I don`t have much experience, but it`s easier to study ur opponent`s moves.

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find there are to many player in for the flop on 9 player tables. Then again when I get pocket AA or what have you its frustrating to have little to no one willing to go in against you because they dont have the hand. Bad beats happen to me far more on 9 player tables but also bigger pots on even the smaller wins. Its a question with no solid answer lol

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like playing on both changing it up at times. but I think 9 players is harder to win cash more cards out and more of them play lots of hands.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like the 6 handed tables when I play online poker. When I play live poker I like to have a full table of 9 though. I like to play 9 handed online, but the tables are almost always full.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 9 player tables in cash game.I do not know why, simply play better. Unfortunately, the room I am playing now there are only 6 player tables :(

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like 9 player but I do play 6 player occasionally .