Carbon's new HUD/calculator

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not thrilled with the idea of giving them the equity calcs but honestly I haven't noticed any great improvement in my opponents play. Granted I'm just playing micros but still, I think Dmorris is right on this.

A fish isn't a fish because they lack information. A fish is a fish because of how they conceive of the game. As long as they "want to see a flop" and think that the game is all about sick bluffs and slowplaying they will still be fish IMO.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its NOT the HUD. It's the fact that it also does odds/equity for them. Even a fish can (most likely) read and many will simply do what the percentages tell them to do. Now, that, in itself, is exploitable, but they will still play better just by reading the numbers that the odds calculator provides them. I really wouldn't have much issue at all if it we're just providing them a HUD.

Yeah... This this is kinda what I was hinting at... It's not so much that they've gotten better at playing their hands, it's that they've gotten better at not being so f'n stupid... lol... Me? I miss 'em stupid. Games went quicker/easier that way. Now it's an uphill fight every single game...

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So the other day at the Carbon FR I noticed that it does carry the numbers from table to table. Got transferred to a new table with two others and all three of us had 48 hands. The rest were at zero.

Happened two more times. I have seen times when it didn't transfer as well. That might have been before the upgrade though.

-

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So the other day at the Carbon FR I noticed that it does carry hand history from table to table. Got transferred to a new table with two others and all three of us had 48 hands. The rest were at zero.

Happened two more times. I have seen times when it didn't transfer as well. That might have been before the upgrade though.

-

As far as I recall it has always maintained stats for a single session or tournament, across table changes. What it doesn't do (or didn't) was retain those stats afterwards like a proper tracker with a persistent database does.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as I recall it has always maintained stats for a single session or tournament, across table changes. What it doesn't do (or didn't) was retain those stats afterwards like a proper tracker with a persistent database does.

Oh... Uh...

-

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A fish isn't a fish because they lack information. A fish is a fish because of how they conceive of the game. As long as they "want to see a flop" and think that the game is all about sick bluffs and slowplaying they will still be fish IMO.

You're implying that there is only one type of fish. I disagree. There are plenty of fish , especially at the micros, who just lack any understanding whatsoever about odds and equity. Giving them that information will certainly change the play of some percentage of them.

So yeah, I disagree, I think there definately IS a class of fish who is a fish EXACTLY because they lack information. This type of fish has absolutely no idea that A-rag ISN'T a premium hand and worthy of calling a AIPF shove while deep-stacked. Now they do. Same with classic trap/junky type hands. I mean how can K-Jos be a bad hand??? I have 2 face cards. These HAVE to be good. Oh, wait, Carbon is telling me my equity is 15%, maybe I SHOULDN'T call that shove and snap call ahead of me after-all.

These are only quick examples, but you get the idea. Hell, many fish had likely never even heard the word equity before.......

Poker Odds Calculator