Votes: 21 27.6%

• Total voters
Implied Odds3

Implied Odds3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definitely call. I am ahead, and if i don't get unlucky i have a huge chip lead with 4 people left. 4 will be the bubble so i can push people around who are just wanting to cash. This will allow me to enter heads up with a huge chip lead and get an easy win.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ran Aces vs jj,99,33,kk,j 10 h,67 c

The aces only win 32.41 %

Do you guys really think it is worth it to bust over 2 out of 3 times to get a big stack the other game.I would think this a long term losing play.

If you think it is a good Idea then Gl!

Snow :cool:

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I ran Aces vs jj,99,33,kk,j 10 h,67 c

The aces only win 32.41 %

Do you guys really think it is worth it to bust over 2 out of 3 times to get a big stack the other game.I would think this a long term losing play.

If you think it is a good Idea then Gl!

So your saying this gift from the poker gods is just them screwing with me as per usual? :( This is so dissapointing.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So your saying this gift from the poker gods is just them screwing with me as per usual? :( This is so dissapointing.

I think the gift is being able to pitch the aces and play 4 handed with plenty big stack to win.I pitch em and fist pump!

damon789

damon789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
come on mobiler

I would fold with the ops original question.Against 6 expected all ins,fold and get ready to play short handed with 4-5 players left.A great chance to cash from here.If you call,you will likely bust 3 out 4 times!Not a good Idea

Garbage what would you know about STTs? you hack!

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah odds def say you are prob no longer a fav overall but the pot odds will

more than make up for that I would think. I just ran a trial on Pokerstove and

pitting AA against KK, AKs JJ, TT. you are still 42.82 fav no longer a fav sure

but you are practically flipping to go from 1500 in chips for example to finish

the first hand on like 7500 in chips whether ICM says fold in this situation I

dont know it prob says fold but ICM aint always right and has limitations. I

spose you have to put people on a pretty tight range if they are moving allin

or calling allin very early but you crush all other hands. So personally in that

situation I would flip to go from 1500 up to 7500.

Nice job changing the OPs origanal question!1

you were going to get the answer wrong anyways lol

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would fold with the ops original question.Against 6 expected all ins,fold and get ready to play short handed with 4-5 players left.A great chance to cash from here.If you call,you will likely bust 3 out 4 times!Not a good Idea

Garbage what would you know about STTs? you hack!
al

This is what I was gonna say, but since Snow keeps finishing ahead of me all the effing time :eek: :mad: :D :)

FTPHeHaTeMe

FTPHeHaTeMe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pot odds say call... If your in a tournament and you are deep and you know that you can make a final table in the position your in then I would consider it, but you never know what you will truly do until you are put in that situation I mean online its pretty much a insta call AA

D

downtown23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have to call just from knowing the even with the risk involved. I know I would have a hard time folding the aces even though it might be the right play in certain situations.

Lazmansa

Lazmansa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing a Home game 7 of us.about the 10th hand i gt delt AA,i was first to act so i raised 4*big B,i had a re-rase ,a call then i went all in.the other 2 calle me .AA,KK,QQ (What are the ODDS:joyman: )

any way ,of corse the AA lost ,guy made a set KKK.

If u running good go,if u running bad fold.

Lazmansa

B

Bobjim37

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes

Im new here..Hi to all :)

I have been playing the pokerstars doubble or nothing SNG´s lately, which seems very soft..If 6 players left, 5 get paid, 2 shortstack and the bigstack goes all in before me, I will probably fold because its most likely the last hand of the tournament.

6 Handed, once in the 0,10 360ppl tournaments I got into a 6 handed all-in with aces on the first hand (although I think I was the 2nd caller of the inital All-in..Those held up :D.

So it depends..early in an MTT I would do it

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
9 man SNG well within appropriate BRM levels, Insta call.

I concur.

If you win the hand you are most likely to be at least ITM. (4 or five opponents left - given places 1-3 are paid.).

Folding is an option but I doubt I would fold here.

Late stage of a MTT I'd at least timebank.... and think about were folding will get me.

(possibly on tilt :))

Last edited:
W

WCC6976

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold

I would fold for no other reason than i hate losing on the first hand. We all know you can't always beat dumb donkey luck.

MeTim

MeTim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
equity win
Hand 0: 35.221%{ AhAs }
Hand 1: 09.985%{ KcKd }
Hand 2: 16.188%{ JdJh }
Hand 3: 14.317%{ TcTs }
Hand 4: 01.852%{ AdKs }
Hand 5: 22.437%{ 6h5h }

Wasn't an estimate
Nope. I couldnt fold. Even though with that many in the hand your more likely to get beat they do got to hit to beat you.
All this goes out the window If your playing on FT LOL

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure how many of you read the thread based on all the "fist pump insta call pot odds", but to me this is an easy fold. You have a <40% chance to win, which means that 60% or more of the time you are guaranteed no prize money.

Look at ICM poker to see that this is a fold. It's not about pot odds, its about tournament equity. You have 19.25% equity no matter what if you fold.

If you call and win, you have 42.26% equity. But even if you win 40% of the time, your EV of making the call in terms of equity is only (0.4*0.4226) = 16.9%.

So it's a clear fold. Also, if you are playing against people with less skill than you (otherwise, why are you playing?), you have even more equity after folding than this indicates. Fold.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure how many of you read the thread based on all the "fist pump insta call pot odds", but to me this is an easy fold. You have a <40% chance to win, which means that 60% or more of the time you are guaranteed no prize money.

Look at ICM poker to see that this is a fold. It's not about pot odds, its about tournament equity. You have 19.25% equity no matter what if you fold.

If you call and win, you have 42.26% equity. But even if you win 40% of the time, your EV of making the call in terms of equity is only (0.4*0.4226) = 16.9%.

So it's a clear fold. Also, if you are playing against people with less skill than you (otherwise, why are you playing?), you have even more equity after folding than this indicates. Fold.

dont forget you put in 120 chips here leaving you only 10.2% equity if you fold. 16.9%>10.2% looks to me like an easy call. and i dont know alot about the ICM but if you win wouldnt the equity of those chips be even more because there are less players now? how you got 19% equity i'm not getting it. if this is a 9 man sng doesnt everyone start at 11.1% equity? 11.1 x 9 = 99.9%

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't forget the quite unlikely AA vs 4 PP situation....

Vs. a more random / balanced range it looks like this:

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

850,668 games 0.005 secs 170,133,600 games/sec

Board:
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 45.468% 45.34% 00.13% 385661 1122.90 { AcAh }
Hand 1: 14.906% 14.87% 00.03% 126535 262.40 { KdQd }
Hand 2: 04.569% 04.44% 00.13% 37743 1122.90 { AsJc }
Hand 3: 17.858% 17.83% 00.03% 151647 262.40 { TcTd }
Hand 4: 17.200% 17.17% 00.03% 146049 262.40 { 6h6s }

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont forget you put in 120 chips here leaving you only 10.2% equity if you fold. 16.9%>10.2% looks to me like an easy call. and i dont know alot about the ICM but if you win wouldnt the equity of those chips be even more because there are less players now?

What people are forgeting is that you bust twice for each time you win a big pot

If you fold you still can win up to $67.50 by winning 3 sngs

If you call you lose twice and get big stack once leaving you with only possible $22.50 by winning

when you fold you only need a 2nd and a 3rd to have $24

If you get 1 win,you are freerolling in other 2 . FOLD

acehearts1

acehearts1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my opinion i think automatic call pre flop ...why fold the best hand pre flop?? ppl shouldnt matter ...you have the best ...it seems to me whoever folds are just scared of being donked out

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

What 6 hands are you using to come up with 40%?

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok these are the numbers i came up with.

11.12% equity of 1500 chips with 9 players left.
14.58% equity of 1380 chips with 5 players left. (you folded 1 player wins and ko's 4 players)
42.28% equity of 9000 chips with 4 players left. (you call and ko 5 players.)

it seems very clear to me that 42%>15%. it would seem any thing over 35% euity in the pot would be a clear call.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok these are the numbers i came up with.

11.12% equity of 1500 chips with 9 players left.
14.58% equity of 1380 chips with 5 players left. (you folded 1 player wins and ko's 4 players)
42.28% equity of 9000 chips with 4 players left. (you call and ko 5 players.)

it seems very clear to me that 42%>15%. it would seem any thing over 35% euity in the pot would be a clear call.

When you going to calculate the 2 losses in ?

When you bust and lose your buy-ins

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you going to calculate the 2 losses in ?

When you bust and lose your buy-ins

2 losses? this is only one game. this is equity. this is what profit you make. if you make a +EV play you win money in the long run. if you fold you have less equity so you win less in the long run. but folding here seems to be a -EV play. making -EV plays you lose mony in the long run.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 losses? this is only one game. this is equity. this is what profit you make. if you make a +EV play you win money in the long run. if you fold you have less equity so you win less in the long run. but folding here seems to be a -EV play. making -EV plays you lose mony in the long run.

You are only counting winning the hand.To calculate EV you must also count in the times you lose the hand.

I think you are missing the point

Folding in Poker