Would you call? (online hand)

gamblorised

gamblorised

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would I call?

If I was player 1 with the small blind and I call $100 to match the BB, when the BB raises $600 I almost certainly would fold my 7,5 spades. Sometimes, maybe I might call if the cards had been falling my way and I was beeing lucky and I had a $9,000 stack. Once the flop came and he raised it $1500, I'd definately have to give up the pot and be annoyed at myself for misreading the play. Even if I was sure he was bluffing, the 7,5 in my hand is going to lose to almost any other cards. Let him have the pot, 'cos he earned it. Beat him with the next hand.
After saying that, if you're still in the hand after the turn, a flush draw is 4 to 1 odds. Not good enough to risk giving him such a massive chip lead. Cut your losses, keep calm and win it back. You will still be left with $6800 (I think?). Still plenty of time!

D

Dragnet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK Just wondering. The Spade hit on the river and he beat me. I just wanted to get your thoughts on his mindset.

He played most of the time pretty well and this surprised me.

I can only assume he was cracking under the pressure! I've seen this happen a few times heads-up, he might have been thinking "I cant beat this guy playing this way so I'll try to bluff him no matter what cards come up". He could have gone allin if a spade didn't hit on the turn. Lucky get.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands