Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes, definetely. In satelite tournaments where your chipstack is easily good enough to make the ticket and you won't achieve anything with winning more chips, aces are a standard fold if some other big stack is going crazy. Even preflop.

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
I have dropped AA many times with bad turns

Gdefender

Gdefender

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Unfortunately, in many cases I have thrown aces after the flop... never preflop!

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
In a sattelite with enough chips to qualify yes, in a MTT preflof nobody has ever folded aces, after the flop you have to fold, d3pending on the runout

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There were a couple of moments when it was obvious that aces were weaker and I had to discard them to keep my chips.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Is there anything better that can be expected
then it's not worth playing poker if you need to fold AA

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Weak players often overestimate this hand, but it is no more than 87 percent against any other starting combination. And if there are a lot of players in the hand, the score is even lower, so there are times when I discard such a card. I advise all players with such a hand to think about their actions, especially when all the cards have been opened on the board and your combination has not increased.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
AA Preflop never but in post flop or when all the community cards have been opened possibly i will fold it, Depends on odds, Position and players who am i playing against.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Would you ever fold AA?
Hi
There were times when I folded a couple of aces, and it was the right decision. When you have Ace of Crosses and Ace of Spades in your hands, and 4 Diamonds on the table, then which decision will be more correct? ..... Fold, of course, why take risks where there is no such need.
Good luck :)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Is there anything better that can be expected
then it's not worth playing poker if you need to fold AA
You have been playing poker for 20 years and still haven't understood that sometimes folding is the most correct decision...... I hope that in 20-30 years you will understand it :)

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
preflop only if it's a tournament where tickets are won and my position doesn't improve my prize, if I'm insured I'll probably decide not to play AA, although I often have a hard time doing it and I lost because of that.
After the flop, I have no problem retiring if I think they don't have the courage to win.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Never pre flop. Post flop depending on many factors, I have folded them after seeing crazy flops and crazier betting. Refusing to lay them down can lose you a lot of you big blinds.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At times it is the optimal play to fold AA. for example on the bubble in a satellite when you have a big stack.

C

Chabita03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre flop only in a sattelite, in a tournament or cash, never.

M

mrfastflow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes couple times usualy because i doing other stuff and missed cards

once when I was waiting for a cash jump in hyper turbo, table refreshed and the software stole me 5 seconds (and triple stack plus blinds)

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Yes and I do, I should do it even more once the board screws me over and I know I'm beat. It's just a hard hand to lay down tho...

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are hands that you folded preflop, for example, you play a satellite and one person is up to the prizes, two players with the same stacks go into the pool in front of you - why should you risk it?

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Totally, but I think the only possible situation would be in a satellite in which everyone wins the same ticket and I already have the sat guaranteed if I fold the hand. A situation where it is not necessary to risk a badbeat when everyone wins the same prize.

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Depends on the situation and how far the hand is.

Pre-flop I don't think I would be folding in cash or tournaments. The only time you could consider folding is if you were in a satellite to get a ticket and you were on the bubble where winning doesn't matter.

There are lots of bad flops and boards for AA so you depending on board texture and opponent it could be a fold.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Never pre flop, pos flop already did but even then it is hard to lay down.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I can if I’m in the bubble zone in an important tournament.

Folding in Poker