TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree. Play the buy ins your BR allows. if 11 cent mtt's fit the bill, go 4 it

Tillersizuniversal

Tillersizuniversal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lots of great info everyone thank you very much =)

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it was good training session but 7 hours is too much time to spend for small prize

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
why not, if you have bankroll, skills, will and desire to play larger buy in why not.
If you're just starting in poker, then I would not recommend it, but if you're experienced player, don't lose your time on those small ones, hit it big

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they're a good starting point in which you gain experience without risking your bankroll. Hope you have a lot of time on your hands, you'll need it for them though.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@Tillersizuniversal, first of all congrats for a big win! $18 for 10cents is a huge, imagine it's basically 180 buy-ins! Secondly, i know that feeling pretty well, as i playing many freerolls myself. But hey, it's never a waste of time even if it looks like you are playing for hours for a few pennies, it's not only about money, like many others wrote before. It's useful experience, especially learning to deal with fish and donks at the table, where most of them are. I'm not joking now, it's important skill to know how to manage maximal value of such weak players, when you meet some of them later at one of yours more solid tournaments with bigger buy-in. Then you will be prepared and get more advantage of playing with them. So it's not a shame to play freerolls or cheap tournaments even for those players, who play successfully on higher limits already.
@shinedown.45, totally agreed with you. Some stats which suitable for cash are not suitable for MTTs, since those are two totally different worlds. While at cash you constantly win and loose win and loose, you earning only from that difference per hour. In tournaments you are basically loosing most the time, but when you get to the final table like once in 30 games (or maybe more), your BR will be dramatically pumped in with cash. So there is no reason to compare them.

Last edited:
AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is nice spot for learn how to play and not waist big amount of money to learn. But it depends of course how much time you have and what plans you have with ur BR and progress. But usualy i don't play tournaments less than 1$ buyin

Tillersizuniversal

Tillersizuniversal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just randomly tried it I usually played bigger! I uped my buyins and stopped the small ones for good! I won 412$ on a 15 dollar Omaha tournament other week =D

M

marinaki85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many players at the micro stakes disregard bankroll management, but it is the solid base upon which to build the rest of your poker skills.You have to decide what kind of player you wanna be..

Tillersizuniversal

Tillersizuniversal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm moving up and not stopping! Going beyond the limit sky is just the beginning of the limits!

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this kind of the game is worth playing when you have enough time and patience! Good luck!

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All games equal good experience play within your bankroll or whatever's comfortable for you.