Worth playing the small Tournaments?

Tillersizuniversal

Tillersizuniversal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was a long 7ish hours cost 0.11 cents for 18$ is the experience worth the time invested into this small buy in tournaments ?!?! or should I stick to the 1-3$ tournaments ?

Attachments

• Tournament win.jpg
    Tournament win.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 97
C

coachlary69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That depends on several factors, one of which is your beginning bankroll. If all you have is the bankroll to play these type of tournaments then that's what you do. If you have the bankroll and skill level to play bigger tournaments then that's what you should do. All of this of course depends on what your ultimate goal is when it comes to poker. If your just a rec player who just wants to spend time at the time then there's nothing wrong playing this tournament.

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I see No reason to play these tournaments , try Sit & Go tournaments with the same buy-ins , will be much more efficient, good luck !!!!

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Worth playing if you have a lot of time and there is no target big profit

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on your bankroll. You need at least 100 buy ins for whatever level you are playing. While you are obviously not going to get a huge hourly rate in 10 cent tournaments you can still use the experience to improve as a poker player, especially if you spend a lot of time after you play analyzing the hands.

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a great training for a future big tournaments. You need to develop stamina for 5+ hours play. You may try to join PS Premiere League. Those freerolls often are like small buy in tournaments.

Tillersizuniversal

Tillersizuniversal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the input...... I usually play 1000GT tournaments but I feel sometimes these smaller ones give me insight on how to make proper moves when I have a gut feeling...... Czuse sometimes I don't go with my gut in bigger tournaments and shoulda have..... Thanks again all!

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my oponion any tournaments are worth playing for the experience. I still play freerolls for that reason. But when I play freerolls I try to play them on the side while I play my cash games, sng, spins or cash tournaments.

Tillersizuniversal

Tillersizuniversal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I see No reason to play these tournaments , try Sit & Go tournaments with the same buy-ins , will be much more efficient, good luck !!!!
I actually play a lot of SnG preferably hyper turbos sometimes regular turbo! Also play heads up games as well

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Congrats, It's a big win for that buyin. I don't believe that the win came only from pure luck! You did something right there. You proved yourself that you can run deep in a MTT. No matter what the prize was congrats mate.

I don't know if 18buy ins is the proper ammount of bankroll in order to try out the $1 MTTs. Maybe take some shots again to the same tournament. IMHO, Building your bankroll is your first priotity to move up stakes[MTTS]!

Tillersizuniversal

Tillersizuniversal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats, It's a big win for that buyin. I don't believe that the win came only from pure luck! You did something right there. You proved yourself that you can run deep in a MTT. No matter what the prize was congrats mate.

I don't know if 18buy ins is the proper ammount of bankroll in order to try out the $1 MTTs. Maybe take some shots again to the same tournament. IMHO, Building your bankroll is your first priotity to move up stakes[MTTS]!
Thanks and it took a lot of thinking and good folds! I have placed 2nd in 2 1000Gt tournaments on sports betting once in Jan this year and early this February and I cashed out..... I started with nothin and won a 100$freeroll for 18$ and played in the 2.20 1000GT on Saturdays =) I run deep often in tournaments and I placed 2nd and 4th in my first 2 cards chat tournaments! Thanks for the Insight cause I try very hard to play my best in every tournament and you noticed =D

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends.

With your current BR, are these small the stakes the game you should be playing and is the prize a huge boost to the BR?

If we take this buy-in for example and say you follow a BRM plan of 100 buy-ins, playing a .11 game means you have a BR of ~$11. Winning this game gives you profit of $17.89 or ~163 buy-ins. That's huge. Now your BR is $28.89 and you're rolled for games up to .25 buy-ins.

So, for a low stakes player or a player looking to build a BR from the bottom, winning 163 buy-ins is a huge increase the BR and very much worth it. For another player regs $10 MTTs, winning ~2 buy-ins for their regular game might not be worth the 7 hours.

psmcb

psmcb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think

it was a long 7ish hours cost 0.11 cents for 18$ is the experience worth the time invested into this small buy in tournaments ?!?! or should I stick to the 1-3$ tournaments ?

Any game worth it to play well. The more hands the better.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should play the games that best suite your bank roll. I would advise playings where your bank roll is 100x the buy-in of the specific game you wish to enter. Would also try play tournaments where the field is small-ish eg. (180s, and 90s) but what ever you do make sure it fits your bankroll. gl sir

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you built your bankroll up to $50~$100, play $1~$3 buy-in tournament maybe better.

A tournament take 3~4 hours are necessary, always take time.

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it is very worthwhile because for those who have a small bankroll should start playing small tournaments. Even who has a huge bankroll, but is starting now is worth learning.

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such tournaments need to be played for experience, with experience there will be big wins

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is good to start playing tournaments of that value so when acquiring experience and raise your bankroll you can play tournaments more expensive and lots of money in prize, so you should start playing poker from below asia arriba

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for my experience i think its good to start with small buy in tournaments, if you win from small tournaments for that prize you can manage to buy in for higher buyin tournaments.
Try to get the prize at least from small tournaments, to get more experience, but i guess there a more skilled players as buyin increases

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a great training for a future big tournaments. You need to develop stamina for 5+ hours play. You may try to join PS Premiere League. Those freerolls often are like small buy in tournaments.

yes I would agree here.
These def help you for those games that have 3-5+ hours of late reg
some of those games can be a long grind especially the deep or mega stacks

scorpi224

scorpi224

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the long term tournaments this helps you alot , because you gain stamine and patience while playing poker which usually most people dont have that , and as you start winning you can play a 3-4 hour tournaments with higher prize pool and a bit higher buy in!

C

chronner575

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that while you're a noob, you need to play is necessary. I'm here personally to 5 $ buy-in, but sometimes run in parallel on a pair of $ 0.25, that would not be bored

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you look at it as $/hr, it doesn't seem appealing.
I play micro MTTs and look at my gain as ROI.
You shouldn't look at it in a hourly wage unless you are making a living from it and are a cash player.
Even if you think of it as a waste of time, the only real physical effort you put into online poker are finger movements, I'm not going to work at a physically demanding job for pennies/hr but have no problem making pennies an hour pushing a few buttons while sitting down at home.

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes and no

They are definatly worth playing if that's all your bankroll allows . They are also worth playing to see a lot of hands and gain experience . If you are a new player they are a good place to start to learn what works for you .

The only issue I have with them if you are more advanced or if your bankroll allows for bigger tournaments then you are seeing a lot of hands (played by others) that more advanced or higher buy in players don't play . Thus giving you a false read on many situations . for instance especially if this is a rebuy you will see players go all in early with A 10 os or KQ s . Although there is some out there , most players in bigger tournament play a little tighter they might call or even small raise with these hands early or be more aggressive with them small stack later in the game . They wont make this play early . So by watching this and seeing them rewarded gives you a false sense of security with these hands . It also sometimes puts in your mind thoughts like ( It's only 11c ) or ( I can rebuy ) wich makes it easier for you to make bad decisions and pick up bad habits

So if you do play them keep in mind and in your notes what the buy in was because it does affect who you are playing and how they play

Last edited: