Why not to play spin and go.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Zorba for the information and the advice.

Good luck too...!!!

I found this on a website that may answer your questions better than I can.

Experience over time is what will help you, everyone thinks aggression is the only way to win these, I agree in a way, but it won't be your aggression that helps you win only, it is using your opponents aggression against them that I win many games against over aggressive players.

Good Luck.

:top:

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
By no means am I an expert I am just passing on what works for me. You always have to keep in mind that these are short games and you can't wait until you get the best starting hand, if you can see a flop for free or min raise when the blinds are low that is a great opportunity to play weaker hands to see the flop, we all see straights and flushes on the flop while holding hands like 8 6s many times, hands like that on a 579 flop can win the game on 1 hand if the agrotards shove their A K and JJ [emoji12]

You also have to be prepared for big swings both ways.

[emoji106]

Last edited:
I

Ivaldo de Araujo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's necessary to be way more loose in this games than in a 6 players table, the agressivity in the heads up phase, particularly when I'm the chip leader, is always a problem for me. Oftentimes I get myself betting without any real reasons for it, obviously it not ends well in this cases.

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If u have problem with the gambling, what all we have, then u shouldnt play this..
In 90% of the cases you play 1vs1vs1 for only doubleing your money.. Why dont you play heada up?!

Good idea. but sometimes prize will be higher than double.

Abramo Della Luce

Abramo Della Luce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I found this on a website that may answer your questions better than I can.

Experience over time is what will help you, everyone thinks aggression is the only way to win these, I agree in a way, but it won't be your aggression that helps you win only, it is using your opponents aggression against them that I win many games against over aggressive players.

Good Luck.

:top:

The percentages you show here are not up to date anymore.
They have increased the rake already quite a while ago.
Here you can see the current rake and probabilities for each level.

I have calculated the how much you need to win for break even with this increased rake.
With the 8% of rake in the 0.25, 1 and 3 dollar games, you will need win 43.5 on average per game to be break even (winning 36.2% of the games)
Now, I think that you shouldn't count with the top 3 spins of 120x, 240x and 12000x, because those are so unlikely. The 4th best spin you can encounter is the 25x, which I got already multiple times too.
If you exclude the top 3 spins, the rake will be almost 1% higher again (8.94% to be exact).
With this rake, you will need to win an average of 49.1 chips per game to be break even (about 36.6% of the games).

If someone is interested I might also calculate for 5% or 10% ROI.

Also, it is interesting to keep an eye on your chip EV per game, to see if you're performing well or just getting lucky.
Most people that are not used to use chip EV can get a more accurate feeling by the expected % of games won (which I didn't find on holdem manager), so you can manually convert them.
To go from chip EV to expected % of games won, you can use the following formula:
expected % of games won = ((chip EV per game) + 500) / 15

M

matnautico

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's necessary to be way more loose in this games than in a 6 players table, the agressivity in the heads up phase, particularly when I'm the chip leader, is always a problem for me. Oftentimes I get myself betting without any real reasons for it, obviously it not ends well in this cases.

I've seen plenty of cases like yours, where inexperienced players think that because they have a lot of chips they have to be over agressive, thats only the case when there are ICM implications. In normal circumstances you'll be just taking more -eV spots and dumping chips for no reason.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well its a high variance, high rake, and the sustainable long term rois look low
High rake?? Rake is 8%, on beat a clock is 10, on 1$ SNGs 12-15...

cr0thund3r

cr0thund3r

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a friend who only play spins 15$ and he is regular player (plays 30-50 a day...)
If you have any questions for him ask me and I ll do the asking

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For amateurs it's more like a lottery. So different from normal cash games/tournaments.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips

Sorry to say that you may be one of the players I said were over aggressive and can be taken advantage of, yes be aggressive but it depends on your hand and opponent, and if he repects your aggrsivness be careful of the callor reraise, with a waek hand you may not be a le to call and you end op donating chips, If they overbet and your have double ot more of the their stack you need to pick your spots especially if the blinds are still cheap.

There are a lot that automatically bitton raise and cbet 3 up and others thet linp every button HU, work out who and when you can trap.

There is a lot patience needed sometimes also, if you see bad play getting lucky and you think you can out play them HU it can pay to wait and see if you get HU with them, they may start with more chips than you but with smart play you can quickly change that and win.

Work out quickly who your opponent is.

😎
The percentages you show here are not up to date anymore.
They have increased the rake already quite a while ago.
Here you can see the current rake and probabilities for each level.

I have calculated the how much you need to win for break even with this increased rake.
With the 8% of rake in the 0.25, 1 and 3 dollar games, you will need win 43.5 on average per game to be break even (winning 36.2% of the games)
Now, I think that you shouldn't count with the top 3 spins of 120x, 240x and 12000x, because those are so unlikely. The 4th best spin you can encounter is the 25x, which I got already multiple times too.
If you exclude the top 3 spins, the rake will be almost 1% higher again (8.94% to be exact).
With this rake, you will need to win an average of 49.1 chips per game to be break even (about 36.6% of the games).

If someone is interested I might also calculate for 5% or 10% ROI.

Also, it is interesting to keep an eye on your chip EV per game, to see if you're performing well or just getting lucky.
Most people that are not used to use chip EV can get a more accurate feeling by the expected % of games won (which I didn't find on holdem manager), so you can manually convert them.
To go from chip EV to expected % of games won, you can use the following formula:
expected % of games won = ((chip EV per game) + 500) / 15
That was just a very quick look as an example of what can be found

[emoji106]

Last edited:
A

alextepi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Spin&Go it is for advance players. Play One on One or One on Two is difficult than regular 6-9 places table. In much players you can have more % to win with lower cards on hand. I play always on Spin&Go if i have enought money and whten "the card is going on me" :D

I prefer spin and go 6-9 satellites

good luck at tables!!!

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, lots of eye opening information here on Spin n gos. I was a believer in the whole lottery bit but it was simply a matter of not studying it enough. What BRM should someone follow to get into it? Should it be higher than the 2% applied for MTTs?

P

peowulf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's where I am leaning to as well lately. I was playing them furiously in the past couple of months and I barely got even. Granted, it was the lower levels, but yes, it's usually a 33% chance (since its highly luck based) to win double your buy-in. Maybe if you're a really advanced player you can make a profit at the higher levels.
They're highly addictive but I don't think there's any harm in playing them here and there for a quick fix, but I wouldn't rely on them for bankroll building.

P

pain_pain_go_away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, Spin'n'Go's are to poker as Crack cocaine is to recreational drugs.Save your BR & just enjoy your weed. ;)

P

Picasi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Spin & Go

I believe Spin & Go is not a real good idea. It is a waste of time. If you are a tournament player, Spin & Go is not for you. It is a game you have available and when you are broke or waiting for a tournament to begin you have a chance to waste some time, and to waste some money.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes I play 0,25 Spin'n'Go's just for fun. I normally break even in these games. As there are a lot of crazy gamblers playing there, you'll need a little bit of luck, for sure. And don't care too much about bad beats. As there are players calling shoves with a large range, the changes are bigger that you will loose for ridiculous hands.
And forget about re-steals or 4bets. It's a fast game, so the bingo players love it. They will call you. But it's just where you can have some profit.
I think I'd have better results playing higher stakes, but due the velocity of the game, I don't risk my bankroll in a game like that. I play it when I'm bored and don't have much time, and thinking about paying 25 cents just to have fun.

Abramo Della Luce

Abramo Della Luce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry to say that you may be one of the players I said were over aggressive and can be taken advantage of, yes be aggressive but it depends on your hand and opponent, and if he repects your aggrsivness be careful of the callor reraise, with a waek hand you may not be a le to call and you end op donating chips, If they overbet and your have double ot more of the their stack you need to pick your spots especially if the blinds are still cheap.

There are a lot that automatically bitton raise and cbet 3 up and others thet linp every button HU, work out who and when you can trap.

There is a lot patience needed sometimes also, if you see bad play getting lucky and you think you can out play them HU it can pay to wait and see if you get HU with them, they may start with more chips than you but with smart play you can quickly change that and win.

Work out quickly who your opponent is.

😎

That was just a very quick look as an example of what can be found

[emoji106]

Thanks for the tip of using their aggression against them.
In the past I have been to aggressive against these kind of players, so they folded much more, making me just win small pots.
Now I used a much more calm approach in my first 25x game in the 3$ games and.... I WON :D

351iys5.jpg

They guy had like 300 chips invested OOP, and on the river I just raised him all in for his last 125 chips. He folded and the 600 chips pot was mine. He was clearly bluffing way to much.

gunit

gunit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In such tournaments, you can also play a plus, each has its own discipline, if a person can not play fast tournaments, then it makes sense to play something else ...

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cash game and multi table tournaments are gambling, while spin and go is grandgambling.

J

JesusHMazzei

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played but i have a friend who loves it, told me he made 35$ and then loss 20$ which gave him a profit of 15$ for one day.. playing 1$ spin and go only.

Now, i suppose is just like playing for the last 3 spots in a tournament but with the same number of chips... Right? I mean you should play as if you were in that final stage, open the range a bit... Am i wrong?

Teodora Agardi

Teodora Agardi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I like to play spin&go because it's a short game.Not always have time to play sng,of Course you can play, if you are ready to take the consequences ... sort game based on more luck than strategy... it's true

O

Orangeroof

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My two cents here :)
I barely get even from playing Spin&Go. The Spin&Go Challenge hauls me into it, even if the Challenge prizes are really low.
If you win an average of one game out of three, I wonder if a martingale (lose > move to higher level > lose > higher level again etc.) would work. Fwiw, I never lost more than 5 in a row, so it could work, but you definitely need the bankroll.
Good luck and most of all, good fun everyone!

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Normal game, especially when it multiplies well.

G

gnobehttih

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
also would say that tournaments and sitngo-s is better format for me. on spin n go u will flip more and just hope you are lucky. on spingo you dont think very straightly on gameplay if you often play tournaments and sitngo-s.