Why is everyone so obsessed with MTTs?

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the main reason some mtt aren't as good as they should be is because or the rebuy option, if there were more freeze-out mtt , it would be better and we would see less risk taking imo , I view these very long late reg + rebuy as in a sense a very long cash game, with the relative difference between the buyins/prizes , for example, a $1 buyin with say FT prizes from $20+ , this will give incentive to spend at least $10 or so on rebuys, some players with experience with this have noticed this and taken advantage of the format, .
.so to call them pure mtt is a bit wrong,
as for the losing after 5hrs of play, well that's about skill and pacing of the mtt, WSOP is days long, so if we can't last 8hrs mtt then that's bad, same goes for a cash game though, you can have a 5hr session and last hand enter huge pot with rival and get say set over set and lose it all, same variance , my 5c
Agree with almost everything you said
Rebuys are not bad or good imo, I think there's value in them for e.g if you're a pro & get a bad beat, doesnt do your skill level justice
I played for over 8 hours past midnight & ran into set over set vs riveted straight flush lol so it goes both ways. Bad BRM is bad but I think it's worse with bad MTT BRM, I've lost more quicker playing MTTS online, too many, at every stake with the lure of an easy buy-in multiplier

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using CardsChat mobile app