ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I did a lot of testing on the pokerstars spin & go game and the same pattern always repeats itself.

The tests were about the probability of making a pair on the flop against the opponent, checking until the river to see the opponent's cards and forming a pair on the flop.

The patterns that are repeated are 4 to 1 on average, that is, every four rounds my opponent hits 3 rounds of any pair on the flop, while I hit 1 for every 4 rounds on average.

This pattern repeats itself most of the time.

But the question is why?

If the chances of hitting a pair on the flop should average 50-50 for both.

And when it comes to variation in luck, I understand that sometimes the opponent can hit the flop more often, but when this pattern is repeated in most games it makes us question the probabilities.

If on average the chances considering the variation would be 50 to 50% then why does this 4 to 1 pattern repeat itself with me.

Am I very unlucky?

Is it a fair distribution system in spin & go?

Leave your opinion and experience with pokerstars spin & go.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm one of those who try to believe that the cards are dealt fairly, but... it gets bizarre.

Does this pattern happen to you, and can you build a solid bankroll with just spin & go?

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
you know why you lose spin and go because you are playing against a programmed robot because it is not the real player and we are being fooled
it's an artificial game created and a fake player created just to collect money

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
poker is such a tricky game that even cheating in it is impossible to prove anywhere else in the online environment

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
GG poker beats all limits if anyone wants to enjoy cheating to the fullest then gg poker is the place to be

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the variation in Spin Ando Go is much wider in MMT or cash, you should learn and study more to be a great spin player.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
yes, spin and go is tricky, the blind will eat you or you are forced to play with bad cards, because everything here is beautifully designed for someone to earn millions

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
poker is such a tricky game that even cheating in it is impossible to prove anywhere else in the online environment
Yes, that's why there was a case revealed with GGPoker recently. 👍

you know why you lose spin and go because you are playing against a programmed robot because it is not the real player and we are being fooled
it's an artificial game created and a fake player created just to collect money
I've said this before but it's completely contradictory that those are your beliefs but you still play poker. 😄

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
the more money you give to online poker scammers the more unhappy you will be in the experience, i know that

But why? Because you're looking at poker wrong. Majority of poker players will never be winning players long term and withdraw the money to spend.

Majority need to look at poker as a hobby they spend money on. I have had tons of hobbies and spent 5k-10k on most them over the years and got zero return in profits. Those hobbies never made me unhappy to spend all that money on in fact I quite enjoyed them an still enjoy some of them.

If you play micro/low stakes and on Pokerstars or any regulated site you're most likely not being cheated and scammed. You're simply in the majority and a losing player who doesn't truly understand variance and how bad it can be.

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
kabokinha

kabokinha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It's not necessarily 50% each, it's 39.5%, but if there is more than one person seeing the flop, the person who stayed with you until the river probably beat the pair on the flop.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Why because your sample size most likely isn't near big enough to prove anything. Also variance is real and despite the fact many say they know and understand that they really truly don't know or understand that.

Btw variance at fast games like Spin-n-Go's are worse then cash table variance and likely more like MTT variance. Which ask any long time MTT player can be soul crushing. I'm 20+ year winning micro/low stakes player. I've had 1-2+ years of MTT results where I've won completely ZERO. Welcome to poker variance.

Hell even Dnegs(considered one of the best players in the world) a few years ago went almost a full year and won almost nothing. Till his last MTT of the year which was a 1m high roller event(I believe) which he won. That's one of the best players in the world not winning for almost a full year.

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In spin and go, because of the small stack and the rapid growth of the blinds, you need to play wide, and often play low hands, which have poor chances of preflop. The element of luck is higher in spins than in other poker.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If it's such a pattern then just use it to your advantage. If you can't then you have nothing.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The magic behind daily spins. ^^

If poker can drive you crazy... what about spins!
hehehe

In short games, poker is even more frustrating... anyway, I think it's difficult for you to do this because the game rarely goes from the table to the river... but what can I say... play less spins and more 'normal' games ' whatever your game.

BOA gg

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What's your sample size and what do you do if the opponent bets?
I've been playing spin & go for over 3 months, so I've been playing 9 hours a day in that time.

I started testing right after the first week, my sample is 3 months with 9 hours of play a day.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, that's why there was a case revealed with GGPoker recently. 👍

I've said this before but it's completely contradictory that those are your beliefs but you still play poker. 😄
I play with equity cards, but in spin & go, as it is a turbo game, we know that we have to use bluff or bet with marginal hands too, with 4 rounds without playing and your stack has already reduced a lot, so I evaluate the statistics to make the decision to fold or call.

The test was based on checking until the river to see which opponent would hit the pair in the end, with both playing without raising, and in 1 against 1 and seeing the result of pair on the flop so in this period of the test, and the pattern of 4 to 1 of the opponent hitting a pair on the flop is repeated.

That was the result.

Last edited:
ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I really love poker, but a natural variation would be something around 45% for the opponent and slightly lower or higher for both, not 4 to 1 for more than 3 months, I'm sorry but I can't say otherwise, even though I love this game .

I hope this only happens to me, and that in long tournaments the skill factor continues to be preponderant.

It just an observation.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
And about the 4 to 1 standard I quote, I'm still being very modest with that margin.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Are you heads up or three handed when collecting this data?
1 against 1 when I only have one opponent left, I could even mention other spin & go situations, but I don't want to seem boring.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
the more money you give to online poker scammers the more unhappy you will be in the experience, i know that
This is very true. The key is to stop giving your money away, and become a profitable player. Stop complaining about poker sites and learn the game instead, its actually very easy to beat at low stakes, with simple sensible basic poker strategy. Not saying I make a fortune, but I don't give 'poker' more money than I take out.

I'm one of those who try to believe that the cards are dealt fairly, but... it gets bizarre.

Does this pattern happen to you, and can you build a solid bankroll with just spin & go?
Linking to my above answer. This is a genuine advice by the way. Imagine if you actually devoted the time to learn how to play poker better, rather than coming up with vague patterns, without any actual data you can share with us. What time have you wasted here? You could have been studying spin and go strategy instead.

You need to be pretty special at micro stakes spin and goes to beat the rake of 7% on GG.

No, this pattern does not happen to me as its not real, not based in fact or is even any kind of sensible comparison to make.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
And I understand that it is easier to think about player errors, but in this case we are talking about closing pair on the flop, not player errors and this pattern has no relation to how good or bad the player is at spin & go, and yes with a proven statistical fact, which as I said I don't know if it only happens with my account, but it does, and yes we can ask questions about why pokerstars would only benefit one player and harm another, and I agree with that it doesn't make sense , but then we could get into the subject of bots, etc. and so on... being something very complex to deal with, so we boil it down to this.