Why does everyone go all in in freeroll tournaments??

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
It is such a headache for me, this ruins everyone game. I believe poker is strategic game and skill plays alot more than luck but in these freerolls everyone goes all in and I have to loose with AKsuited with 36 off suit🤦‍♂️
Whoever reading this post I suggest you to not to go all in or I will come at your house and kill your cat🔫😑

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In freerolls, a lot of players go all-in because they don't risk anything on their own account. If you're lucky enough to double or triple your stack at the beginning, and they'll only calm down when they get two or three starting stacks. So you just need to be patient and wait out such aggressive players.

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
But when I go all in I loose to 36 25

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is such a headache for me, this ruin everyones game. I believe poker is strategic game and skill plays alot more than luck but in these freerolls everyone goes all in and I have to loose with AKsuited with 36 off suit🤦‍♂️
Whoever reading this post I suggest you to not to go all in or I will come at your house and kill your cat🔫😑
I have no cat :ROFLMAO:,
but IF I have a decent hand like let's say a broadway pair I might go AI.
Freerolls is a special format, if you can double up early you can play bully style (push people around), many players do it with any holding (ridiculous)and built up a much bigger stack.
Don't be too much dissapointed, try to find something like PokerStove(there is an odds calculator also in the tools menu here),
there are free programs like this and let calculate the chances, if you were above 50 % of win time the move was correct if not the move was bad.
See here AKs vs Any 2:
You can play freerolls endless ( you don't invest money only your lifetime and nerves :eek:) and if you did the better preflop decission you'll be the winner longterm.
Since you did not pay an entry fee it is no monetary loss, that is why many people play freerolls this way.
Make a note colour code him as luckgambler and if you ever meet this guy at another freeroll again you know what's going on.
It's an experience thing.

Last edited:
BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
free games are a chance for those who have no money, but with a large number of players, many get frustrated with the game and play for luck. It is almost impossible to learn how to play in these games. But in our community there are tournaments with a limited number of players that allow you to try new strategiesor just win money

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
I have no cat :ROFLMAO:,
but IF I have a decent hand like let's say a broadway pair I might go AI.
Freerolls is a special format, if you can double up early you can play bully style (push people around), many players do it with any holding (ridiculous)and built up a much bigger stack.
Don't be too much dissapointed, try to find something like PokerStove(there is an odds calculator also in the tools menu here),
there are free programs like this and let calculate the chances, if you were above 50 % of win time the move was correct if not the move was bad.
See here AKs vs Any 2:
View attachment 339381
You can play freerolls endless ( you don't invest money only your lifetime and nerves :eek:) and if you did the better preflop decission you'll be the winner longterm.
Since you did not pay an entry fee it is no monetary loss, that is why many people play freerolls this way.
Make a note colour code him as luckgambler and if you ever meet this guy at another freeroll again you know what's going on.
It's an experience thing.
Thanks mate it was really helpfull

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I hate my cat, it belongs to the Wife.

Seriously though Freerolls in any game are hard to win, because some players do not have the Patience to play the game and will shove with just about any two cards, but there is another thing to be careful of and that is "Variance" Just because A/A might be the best starting hand you can be dealt, It does not mean you are going to win with them.
I have lost count of how many times I have busted out of a tournament having called a players shove and my Aces get cracked, But I don't feel cheated or think the game is rigged against me because I have been on the other side of the fence and beaten other players who shove with A/A and I have called with 8/8 or J/10 suited or similar.
Poker is a strange game and strange things happen, just learn to accept that and your time to win will come. It just takes Skill, Patience, and a little luck.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i do agree that the all in move is annoying, but it is part of strategy also. when calling an all in, AK is not a sure winner. careful when you call.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks mate it was really helpfull
Just to remind you the value of AKs vanishes the more players go AI.
See this:
And for :as4::ah4: in any suit it's like this, a slight favorite but not much and the number of games is above 30.000.000:

Last edited:
IronMike9000

IronMike9000

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
It is such a headache for me, this ruins everyone game. I believe poker is strategic game and skill plays alot more than luck but in these freerolls everyone goes all in and I have to loose with AKsuited with 36 off suit🤦‍♂️
Don't fook with cats

kosha_

kosha_

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I often use all-in on two occasions: the hand is strong and I need to increase the bank, or the hand is weak and I need to get my opponent to throw the cards.:as4: :ac4:

Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't know, maybe people don't want to play poker, but want to earn money in freerolls, it sounds ridiculous with this approach. they think, well, if I win one of the hands in the all-in now, I will have a big stack and more often I will see the prizes. but often, if they do win on some weak card, they start limping every hand, 3-betting bluffs, and calling all streets with 3-pair. so even so, in tournaments, such people do not stay for a long time, and this is only a plus for us. if I see this in my place, I prefer to throw out even kq,aj if I don’t have a pair, and it can be an allin multipot, then why risk it, it’s purely luck in such situations.

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
cause they don't put real money.so if they lost it's ok

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Це такий головний біль для мене, це псує кожну гру. Я вважаю, що покер — це стратегічна гра, і вміння грає набагато більше, ніж удача, але в цих фріролах усі йдуть олл-ін, а мені доводиться програвати з AKsuited з різномастними 36🤦‍♂️
Усім, хто читає цей пост, я пропоную вам не йти ва-банк, інакше я прийду до вас додому і вб’ю вашого кота🔫😑
I don't have a cat either 😆, and as for the game of push in freerolls - I understand it this way: there are different formats of tours, despite the fact that this is a zero buy-in, and the speed of growth of the blinds - this sometimes encourages playing on the whole stack. Because while you wait for a good hand... well, you get it? But there is such a tactic or strategy of the game, very risky, but sometimes - for a short time, profitable. I don't like this game either, but when it's within limits, suppose I need to limit the number of players on the flop, or on other streets - I will play like that.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
because they don´t care at all since it´s free, but than u wait for right hands and hopefully ko them

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
We love our cats, so don't come and kill them if you don't want to become disabled :)
There are a large number of players who believe that freeroll is a tournament where you can risk with any hand as it is all free. I think such players simply never won thanks to their own skills because they actually don't have them, so they just rely on luck. Unfortunately, such players were, are and will always be and you will not do anything about it.

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A lot of people don't want to sit for the sake of change and wait for the card, so they go all in, after the victory they can stop to wait for the card.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
More like my cat will do the exact opposite :unsure:

And in other news: your username must be false-advertising ...

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In poker, you have to deal with every situation. People will play their own game the way they like it and not as you would like them to play. Everyone tries to choose the strategy that suits them best and sometimes it's a simple Allin.

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
The worst thing about playing freerolls at pokerstars is all-in. Without great success, it is impossible to win, since there will almost always be at least one who will bet all-in.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not just freerolls but I've seen it on a regular basis in smaller buy-in.

They will feel they have nothing to lose. They probably have a bankroll and dont want to waste to much time in freerolls, they will probably play them out of habit.
Others simply have no patience and think it is a race to the prizes.
Others are just really bad players, and would rather gamble, rather than playing actual poker.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Go look up what AK is to 36 heads up in a holdem hand calculator.

Cardschat has one and so does Cardplayer and tell me what your odds of winning are when you shove with AK.

Don't like losing to 36?

Does QT make you feel better?

Look at the odds then? how about JTo, 89s. Type those all in the calculator and see what the odds are.

And now, suppose you're in early position and decide to shove with AK, take 2 of those previous hands and put them into the calculator with your precious AK and see what happens to your odds?

Take it a step further, youre a smallstack in a tourn and shove with AK and all the other stacks have you covered, what do you think your odds are with more than 3 callers that easily have you covered?

What you're talking about isn't strategy, its your expectation of winning with a drawing hand with beginners that aren't going to fold. You're going to have to work on playing a flop!!

GL

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
Go look up what AK is to 36 heads up in a holdem hand calculator.

Cardschat has one and so does Cardplayer and tell me what your odds of winning are when you shove with AK.

Don't like losing to 36?

Does QT make you feel better?

Look at the odds then? how about JTo, 89s. Type those all in the calculator and see what the odds are.

And now, suppose you're in early position and decide to shove with AK, take 2 of those previous hands and put them into the calculator with your precious AK and see what happens to your odds?

Take it a step further, youre a smallstack in a tourn and shove with AK and all the other stacks have you covered, what do you think your odds are with more than 3 callers that easily have you covered?

What you're talking about isn't strategy, its your expectation of winning with a drawing hand with beginners that aren't going to fold. You're going to have to work on playing a flop!!

GL
Sad but true🥲