Who Wants A Free Bankroll? (some conditions apply)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dunno why there's no interest. Decent chance at starting a bankroll and improving their game while they're at it for a micro grinder. I offered buyins to the $1 world record tourney and a last longer for it too and only got 1 taker. Give it time, I'm sure someone will want it.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great opportunity KAAHK, great thing your gonna do for someone here.

I would take you up on this in a heart beat if I wasn't a U.S. player. Surprised no one has applied yet!

Demonomania

Demonomania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It may be possible there are members that live outside the US that do not qualify due to not having 65 quality post. I assume most new members of the forum would jump on this opportunity quickly as possible if they are also 'new players' ..so that's my guess. Certainly a generous offer either way though :)

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a generous offer

I would like to be considered for the Free Bankroll.
I have been a member of CC for a couple of years now and have way over 65 posts.
I have HEM1 and HEM2 though I dont use HEM2 as it is too complicated :mad:
I am honest and am happy to follow the rules, I would be happy to start a post about my adventure and as I am now retired I can do 50 in a month in my sleep.
I did grind my BR up on PS 6 seat sit n go's from $10 to $160 in the second half of last year and then stupidly, after a few new years eve beers I decided to start the new year off with a big win and started playing $1-2 PLO with my whole BR and as they say, the rest is history.
I am slowly building a BR up on Inter Poker playing $1 MTT's but would be happy to play on PS again if given the chance.
As I say I am retired and cant afford to deposit so this would be the ideal way for me to start again. I realise that losing my BR was my own stupid fault and I have learnt my lesson and wont do it again.
I have thought about trying the 45-180 player sit n go's but never have up to now.
Anyhow I would like to be considered for the BR and whoever wins I wish them good luck and thank you for your generous offer.:)

physiotherapist

physiotherapist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to be considered for the free bankroll, my problem is only can start playing at March or end of Feb , cant play this days :(

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would like to be considered for the free bankroll, my problem is only can start playing at March or end of Feb , cant play this days :(

I should have specified that since February is a short month and we're going to be 2 weeks in when I close the contest that it will be starting in March.

So convince me.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
And Colin, your plea has been noted :)

Tindall91

Tindall91

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to be considered as a candidate as I see myself as a fast improving novice who has recently started devouring every poker book that I can get my hands on. I will gladly comply with the rules and I would use the 60day trial to Poker Tracker for recording my stats.

Although, I do not have 65 posts..... YET. I am sure that I will by the end of the entry period as I am new to this forum.

If not, all the best to the winning candidate :)

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just noticed you are starting it in March. I am going away for a few days on March 2nd until the 7th so if that counts me out fair enough but as I say I can play 8-10 hours a days so doing a minimum of 50 tourneys in the month is no problem, when I play MTT's I usually play between 5-10 a day and with Sit n Go's anything up to 25 a day. I'd rather be honest and tell you before you choose.:)

Tindall91

Tindall91

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would also like to add that the $25 dollars is irrelevant to me. I am neither poor or wealthy, but could deposit that in a heartbeat. What I do want to gain from the experience is improvement as a player through critique, and the opportunity to learn for the experienced forum members who will undoubtedly offer there sound advice.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would also like to add that the $25 dollars is irrelevant to me. I am neither poor or wealthy, but could deposit that in a heartbeat. What I do want to gain from the experience is improvement as a player through critique, and the opportunity to learn for the experienced forum members who will undoubtedly offer there sound advice.

You need minimum of 65 quality posts to apply.

TheKAAHK - Very nice offer sir! Good luck to whoever wins! :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Mayhaps my conditions are too strict?
I'd lose the PT3/HEM criteria (it's only <$1.50 games) & then I'd think you'd get a bigger response (there's other ways to track game stats. if that's what the purpose of PT3 & HEM was for). If need be, you could shoot me a pm & I could track # of games & results if you want.

Cool offer, maybe bumping it'll help get some more responses (so here goes.. 'bump').
I watched a couple/few vids. on pokerstars Online school (or whatever it's called) & one guy that they had making vids. for them had started his roll playing 25cent games & had built up a bit of a roll from them. (< I think it was 25c games?.. something like that anyways... think it was 25c - 90s).
I've got a couple of good strategy articles for 180's & (if you want) I could pm links to ya. Maybe something to give to the fortunate participant in this.. to help give them something to get started from? (< just a thought... ???)

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would like to be considered as a candidate as I see myself as a fast improving novice who has recently started devouring every poker book that I can get my hands on. I will gladly comply with the rules and I would use the 60day trial to Poker Tracker for recording my stats.

Although, I do not have 65 posts..... YET. I am sure that I will by the end of the entry period as I am new to this forum.

If not, all the best to the winning candidate :)

The 65 quality post stipulation is in place to ensure that my money is going to the right place for the right reason. If by the end of next week you do not have 65 posts (which with the 7 post/day limit is not going to happen), but I see you are making a great effort to make meaningful contributions to this forum and are willing to put in the work, then I may consider you at that point.

This is a good start. :)

Just noticed you are starting it in March. I am going away for a few days on March 2nd until the 7th so if that counts me out fair enough but as I say I can play 8-10 hours a days so doing a minimum of 50 tourneys in the month is no problem, when I play MTT's I usually play between 5-10 a day and with Sit n Go's anything up to 25 a day. I'd rather be honest and tell you before you choose.:)

I know your work ethic Colin, and this should not be a problem should you be selected.

Tindall91

Tindall91

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You need minimum of 65 quality posts to apply.

TheKAAHK - Very nice offer sir! Good luck to whoever wins! :)

Read my first post on this thread. I am aware

And thanks for still considering KAAHK. I was unaware of the 7 post limit :/

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'd lose the PT3/HEM criteria (it's only <$1.50 games) & then I'd think you'd get a bigger response (there's other ways to track game stats. if that's what the purpose of PT3 & HEM was for). If need be, you could shoot me a pm & I could track # of games & results if you want.

Cool offer, maybe bumping it'll help get some more responses (so here goes.. 'bump').
I watched a couple/few vids. on PokerStars Online school (or whatever it's called) & one guy that they had making vids. for them had started his roll playing 25cent games & had built up a bit of a roll from them. (< I think it was 25c games?.. something like that anyways... think it was 25c - 90s).
I've got a couple of good strategy articles for 180's & (if you want) I could pm links to ya. Maybe something to give to the fortunate participant in this.. to help give them something to get started from? (< just a thought... ???)

The links would be great! PM me with them.

As far as the PT/HEM goes, I have been thinking about that. I don't think it should be too much of a deterrent as the free trials are easy enough to get, but if I get a lot of responses saying that they don't have/want a tracker but still would like to participate then it can be changed. I will keep it in mind. If you are willing to track some games for me, I'd owe you a favor.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would have to be PT3 then, as they have the 30 (0r is it even 60??) day trial, and AFAIK HEM is 2 weeks..

And it may be the offensive chicken that scares them off?? )LOL, I still wanna know what that was about)

Nice move Devon!

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It would have to be PT3 then, as they have the 30 (0r is it even 60??) day trial, and AFAIK HEM is 2 weeks..

And it may be the offensive chicken that scares them off?? )LOL, I still wanna know what that was about)

Nice move Devon!

Thanks for the info about HEM Jay.

Ok, here's the deal with the "offensive" chicken: Back in 02 I used to watch Attack of The Show on G4 Tech TV. They had a skit about an alien race called the Kaah'ahk that invaded Earth. Full of innuendo and all that. At the time my girlfriend (who is now my wife) called me Rooster for my habit of getting up early and....well, that's a bit private :)

Anyways, when I signed up to FTP and PS, the nick Rooster was taken, and since the **** was too outright vulgar I used theKaahk. And the avatar is from Family Guy Star Wars. IT's the chicken character as BobaFett.

So no, my nick is not a euphemism for penis.

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny stuff. Glad we've got all that cleared up. :p

Good to see some candidates finally posting.

F

FITEMAN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A very nice offer from you. I.m sure you are not looking for any pats on the back but I gotta give credit where credit is due. Your comments and replies have helped me in the past so am sure your offer will be of great benefit to the receipient. And the suggestion to pay it forward is a grand idea. You have inspired me and when I am able I will follow suit. Wouldn't it be great if all winning players did something similar on one level or another. Good luck to you in all ofyour future endeavors (unless they are versus me, of course).

1luckysob

1luckysob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sounds like a great idea if this was US i would jump at the opportunity

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So at the moment, I have three possible winners:

Colbefc

physiotherapist (you're on the list, you just need to be more convincing)

Tindall91 (Keep posting man, earn that br)

In all honesty, I'm kinda surprised that there are only three at this point.

This all ends Friday when I announce the winner.

TBH, at this point, only Colbefc has done a decent job at convincing me that he deserves this, so to the rest of you, time to step it up.

Remember folks, I am not necessarily looking for somebody who is a great player, nor am I targeting newbs. It can be anyone who wants to either start playing tournament or SNG format poker, or somebody new to the game who is looking to get a start other than freerolls. Or, somebody who is already playing tourneys and needs a bit of a boost to help smooth out the inevitable variance that tourney play brings. Current BR size is irrelevant.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could apply since my whole BR is on Carbon now and I have nothing on Stars, but since I'm already an established tourney player, sort of, and think that there are plenty of people about more deserving I'd have to pass this up.

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a US player I can't but it is a very generous offer.

:cool:

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a generous offer! Look forward to following along.

Even though the OP doesn't state it as a requirement, the ability to read is a HUGE plus! :D

archangelzx

archangelzx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh what a great offer, too bad I am knew and don't have enough posts racked up or I'd love to apply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management