Who Wants A Free Bankroll? (some conditions apply)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes my friends, this is another of those "CC has done so much for me I want to give something back" threads.

I've been here a while, and CC really has done so much for my game that I've went from a break even player to a (marginally :) ) winning player in quite a short time.

So now that I have a decent grasp of the game and a bankroll to match, I want to give an aspiring tournament player a small starting 'roll, or a boost to their existing 'roll, to exclusively play certain tournaments that I feel are soft enough to eek out a decent positive ROI and gain more experience while doing so.

I decided to offer this after giving one of my friends $15 two weeks ago and coaching him through proper use of BRM and helpful tips. This friend now has a bankroll of over $50, so it is possible.

What I Offer:

I am offering $25 on poker stars (sorry to my American friends) to be used exclusively for $.50 - $1.50 45-180 player SNG, and $.50 - $1 MTT.

[What I expect:

The winner of this stake must be able to chart their progress, either through PT3 or HEM, and post their results for all to see and critique in a thread of their making. Since schedules vary I will only ask the winner to post their graphs/charts once a week. Though I do encourage more, if possible, depending on volume.

I expect the member being staked to only play said games for a period of at least one month (or until they go busto). No other games! If the player goes on a winning streak, we can then revise what stakes/games will be appropriate to move to.

With the charting of progress comes discussion. The thread will be open to everyone and I encourage knowledgeable players, as well as the stake holder, to provide helpful insight and questions. Responses like "You played it horribly" or "Don't do that." are not welcome. We are trying to provide insight on situations and tricky spots, not show off how much better we are or how we would do things.

The End Game:

Hopefully by the end of this experience the staked player will end up with a comfortable bankroll in which to continue their tournament success. If all goes horribly wrong, that's ok. Knowledge gained is still a good thing.

If the player ends up a winner, and is feeling generous, feel free to pay it forward. Though this is just encouraged, not required.

So what's this all for? Knowledge. I am not looking for a great tourney player, I'm not expecting a rags-to-riches story. I am only wanting to give somebody the chance to learn to play tournaments well enough to eek out some enjoyment, if not a nice little profit.

I expect no monetary compensation in return.

How does one become the recipient of this generous offer?:

1) Be a contributing member of CC with at least 65 posts. (I will be checking up on your quality)

2) Have access to HEM or PT3 for tracking purposes (I believe there are 30 day free trials of each)

3) Must be honest and be willing to follow the rules of this stake.

4) Must be open and willing to discuss anything that may be troubling your play, leaks, etc., yet also share any insights or breakthroughs they may have (no matter how trivial or noobish they may seem)

5) Be willing to put in sufficient volume (minimum of 50 games)

6) Convince me that you are worthy. Whether it be through a convincing story, a graph from your current format/stakes, a funny picture, whatever. Be creative. Just make sure you stand out for some reason or another. One catch though: All candidates must plead their case in this thread. Let's have some fun with this, people :)

I will leave this offer open from today, February 2, until February 10th. I feel one week will be more than long enough to decide and get this show on the road :)

tl;dr:

Convince me to give you money > play stipulated games > bare your graph for the world to see > discuss ways to get better > profit

A

AAChipMagnet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a great offer from you. Because it's pokerstars I can't (US) but I'm sure that some players could really use this to help them get going.

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fair play Devon. Nice offer sir. Subscribing to see who the lucky winner is.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generous offer. 45 mans are a really simple way to build a bankroll. With $25, maybe you could consider starting at the 25c games, or include those, giving the stakee 100bis, though this is conservative at these levels, I feel.

With the Huds, I think you can get 60days of PT3 and 15 of Hem.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Generous offer. 45 mans are a really simple way to build a bankroll. With $25, maybe you could consider starting at the 25c games, or include those, giving the stakee 100bis, though this is conservative at these levels, I feel.

With the Huds, I think you can get 60days of PT3 and 15 of Hem.

You make a good point. I also felt that 100bi's might be a bit conservative as well.

I can see to changing the min of .50c to .25c if I feel the winner is in need of the extra 50bi cushion.

M

matt0216

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice offer -- Good luck to whoever gets it.

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
or ..... you could change your offensive name and sig??

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is a great offer from you. Because it's Pokerstars I can't (US) but I'm sure that some players could really use this to help them get going.

Kinda feel bad that I can only offer this on Stars. I really don't want to exclude anyone potentials from this, but that is where my 'roll is and that is where I play so this was all I could do. I have $5 bucks on 888 that I am going to try to grind up to $500 in 6 months

Maybe in a few months I'll have an account on one or two of the better Merge skins and be able to repeat this offer there.

Lately it seems that I'm pretty decent at taking >$20 and turning it into a decent 'roll in a relatively short amount of time volume wise (done it three times in 24 months), so who knows... :)

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
or ..... you could change your offensive name and sig??

or.....you could keep on topic...

Got a problem? PM me.

I'm not changing my name. I don't see what's offensive about chickens...

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Outstanding. I hope others follow your lead.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can one transfer funds on Merge skins? I've not seen any way to do it on Carbon?

Also, what's offensive about your sig? Is there a joke I'm not getting?!

M

matt0216

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can one transfer funds on Merge skins? I've not seen any way to do it on Carbon?

Yea, on the lobby click deposit then you'll see a tab for transfer. You might have to verify your account first, I forget.

G

gsxr5221

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You can transfer from Carbon to Carbon but I seems like we are unable to transfer to different skins like Carbon to Hero or Carbon to Lock, etc.

I think this is a great thing you are doing TheKahh

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Bump for the evening crowd..

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice gesture Devon! Best of luck to the one who is chosen!

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Def have to verify acct first and as memory serves it may take a day or 3, maybe less.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Cool offer for a newer'ish' player or someone hoping to build a micro bankroll up. WTG Devon! Looks good on ya (hmm.... if I had some money online maybe I could do something like this too > 8,888 posts?...I'll have to stop posting I guess)
Not sure about the PT3 thingy though.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good guy Devon :D great opportunity here, I just tweeted it, hope that's okay :)

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Cool thing you're doing:)

No applicants yet?

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
300+ views and not a single candidate?? Are you people mad? :)

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
300+ views and not a single candidate?? Are you people mad? :)

It's the PokerStars thing. No one in the US can play. Also, even if we could, the volume of those games on Carbon (and I assume other merge skins) is ridicously low, so you'd only be playing a few a day. As for non-US players, I don't know. WTF people, you should be all over this if you're eligible.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sorry Devon but we're all very wealthy people on this site.:cool:

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sorry Devon but we're all very wealthy people on this site.:cool:

Apparently so. And here I thought since it was a recession and all that people would be lining up for a free $25. Mayhaps my conditions are too strict?

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Apparently so. And here I thought since it was a recession and all that people would be lining up for a free $25. Mayhaps my conditions are too strict?

If they are, I don't see where.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management