Who has never won a tournament online

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've won both online and live, it's easier to win live tournaments than online certainly. I do not know what you rely on to say who are bad and good players, but what I can assure you is that there are players who win tournaments with more luck than skill

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing poker all my life and have won many tourneys live and online. I do much better live versus online. Online it seams like everyone wins. I have watched so many bad bad players make final tables and win. Is it just luck or software? Bad players don't do well live. I am just asking what everyone else thinks. So If you have never won online I would like to know.

Online tournaments have faster blind structures, meaning that there is more variance as opposed to live tournaments hence why it is easier for "bad players" to make it to the money, final table, or even win. Compare this to tournaments like the WSOP Main Event where the blind structure is slow, allowing better players to take full advantage of their skills to do well. Hard to do that when the blinds rise quickly.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive won a few but it took me a long time before i got my first win online.
Seen many final tables but always came up short.
Good luck out there!

Alexey5

Alexey5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For all the time I play poker only online I certainly dream to play live I think it's quite a Doug feeling

Alexey5

Alexey5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a big tournament for four years only once was lucky or I'm so stupid or it may not be mine but I like to play poker

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I took 1st place in various tournaments. Not often, but it was. On the cardchat, won twice.
For a long time did not play. Now I play 2 weeks again on the card after unlocking. But I play very badly. Once in two weeks took 18th place. I make very stupid mistakes. I think in many players accounts I marked in their notes as fish.=))

C

Carlos_Martins

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my best result was in 5th in a freeroll, I got a few times among the top 15 in some micro tournaments, but in 1th I also could not get it yet.

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've won multiple satellites online, I don't know if you count that as 1st place though. I've made it to the final table a handful of times as well, however I always struggle on taking down the whole thing, even with a very healthy lead. My heads-up game is very weak to if I actually make it that far. I have taken 1st in at least one small micro ($0.55 on demand MTT) but I've never taken 1st is any big games. I make it to the bubble a fair amount, but my late game definitely needs work before I see myself taking down anything decent for my first time.

Alexey5

Alexey5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think that better to play live but I for God's sake údolie to paprobovat although very hotelosby

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing poker all my life and have won many tourneys live and online. I do much better live versus online. Online it seams like everyone wins. I have watched so many bad bad players make final tables and win. Is it just luck or software? Bad players don't do well live. I am just asking what everyone else thinks. So If you have never won online I would like to know.
in online, you can play more table at the same time. So even if they are bad players, they would more time win tournament than in live

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that online is better than live because on online you could play many table at the same time so that you can delete the luck part and show all your skills on this beautiful game

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have won some tournaments, but not the most important ones or the biggest ones in terms of money, many times it may help some luck, but also many have a good game, I do not believe that the software is made for that some players lose, I've seen tournaments on TV and I've seen many bad beat, that applies to both worlds online and live, luck will always influence a little or say the word you like most to some "variance"

MarloRae

MarloRae

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have won tournaments live but not online so far. I think it’s a tougher pace, more competition, faster play and a lack of read on opponents and vibe that makes it harder.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No shame in making the final table, or ITM..

I also never won first place in a tournament I never get lucky in tournaments.

No firsts for me, either; it's confession time, I'm happy to make ITM, the final table if I run really well. It seems that if I do perform really well, there's at least two or three huge stacks above me on the ladder who I just can't take down to grab a victory. No shame in losing what you can afford to lose. The odds are always against you, unless all you do is play single opponents heads-up.
Put another way, If there are ten people at the table, every hand, nine of them will lose, barring a split pot, of course. Overcoming this losing probability is one of poker's lures: me vs them, slay 'em all.

Alexey5

Alexey5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It turns out to play live on line is very different, entirely different game.,.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker is different from live poker, so I think that almost every player can win.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the biggest MTT I have ever won was 300-400 people.
I used to play these great 180 man MTTs on pokerstars and I won a couple of those, plus a couple seconds.

Bad players win live too, no joke.
You have just been through fewer of them

C

collesut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played more than 3000 tourneys maybe 14,15 wins, biggest Is 2475 $ on PS about 4 years ago, won Bigger 16.50 entry.
Cant win 5 from 20 tourneys, grind Is the answer

P

PokerDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've won money online. Never been #1 in any tournament, I believe.

But I have won way more live, as a % of games played. Also, it's a much smaller field live than online, so perhaps that is a part of it.

MarloRae

MarloRae

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After getting super frustrated I have deleted my Pokerstars App for now. I'm going to concentrate on getting better at live tournament play and focus on studying that instead. Online play has only put a dent in my bankroll. There's always talk about how the software is configured to generate cards that create action, so you end up buying in more, and I just feel like there are way too many beats that you'd rarely if ever see in a live game.

J

jbosker84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back in the day....

Way back when, I used to do pretty well in 90 player KO tournaments. I finished 1rst a few times and pretty consistently cashed in those. However, on BetOnline, when I punch in multi-table SitNGos...nothing comes up. Why is that?

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I'm Cactus_Flippin

Have a few concerns about so-called correct playing and end results in MMT tournament play. But a bit of back story first.
I have been playing online Poker tournaments and SNG's for close to 20 years I guess. At one time PokerStars had daily free roll events that paid out about 7 spots in real money, which is how I started doing online play. At that time there would be 10,000 runners playing for the $15 cash. playing every day on an average I'd cash about once or twice a month and take first from time to time. From there I progressed to every other online site trying to win either free or very cheap entry into the WSOP events. Sites like Bugsy's Club, Paradise, UB, Absolute, Full Tilt, and Poker Stars. Well, I never won the coveted "seat" but did well overall mostly and after missing the seats I continued to play small ball MMT's and still do to this day. when they don't have WSOP Sat's running. I cash pretty regularly in events now playing only ACR and GlobalPoker. When Black Friday hit I progressed to live brick and mortar MMT's and continue to this day with basic success, winning more then I am spending on buy-ins. Now for the concern mentioned way up there^^

Playing "Correctly" is supposed to produce positive results over the long run, but in a Tournament with a beginning and end how does one see the "Long run" results in a tournament when you make the correct read and call an All in by the villain after a preflop raise by them? You feel your pocket 6's Thu Aces are good and check to the raiser who goes ALLIn after the flop hits rainbow scattered cards and then the reveal shows you are correct the villain has nothing but Q 3 os and was attempting a blind steal from the button then hits the lucky overpair, 2 pairs, flush, or straight with the turn or river or both. crippling your stack or knocking you out of the event. You can never get the fish that thinks they are sharks as you'll likely never see them again later in life.

:stoned::bath::icon_cat::eek::stoned:​

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
another hand example

or say they have AQ hearts flop is scattered rainbow now matching the suite of the villain to 3 cards you hit 2 pairs go all in they call and hit runner cards to win the hand when they were on the way to the rail normally.
:top::puke::flute:​
I just don't see how it comes out "in the long run" when you're out of the tournament because a fish made a bad play.