Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is a game of skill but also a game of limited and miss-information that you maybe receiving with some luck in the mixture. While it is always devastating when your kings run into aces, mathematically your king should run into Aces one time in 25 I read somewhere. Most of the time you are the favorite and will way more often than not. I think this is why pros have no problems with it when it happens and they know its part of the game. I know its not easy but when it happens you just need to smile and laugh it off.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever I get it in against AA I just accept that it was my time to go... on the flop side, when I get it in with AA vs say, 99, and 99 hits a set... those are the situations that kinda get me steaming!

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read that someone once said (or wrote) "luck is the residue of design"

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
really yes you always play a very focused tournament and suddenly it seems like poker gets you out of nowhere giving you opportunities to catch up. top pair lower than your opponent who is the whole tournament playing whatever hand and when it is your turn to steal the chips it happens. sad situation

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Essential, since to improve care must be available to leave the pride aside and admit that there are things that you do evil, and this provision is an attitude that we have unlike many other people who think they know everything they need to learn more, as Mathew Hilger in "The mentality of the Poker Player", that truth is a great book.!!!

I would like to point out a phrase of a great philosopher: "good luck does not exist, it seeks"

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens and you get players who will go all in with anything and its then a coin flip very annoying but there is nothing to stop them playing their hand.:):):)

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are Daniel Negreanu, Phil Evy, or any of the best players in the world, you will call all-in with K-K, and surprise, you will figure out that your opponent has A-A, and finish the tournament for you! this is only one example about when you play perfectly but you find yourself out of the tournament.
Sometimes the player who put you out is a very bad player, and just get lucky against you.
If you are a regular poker player, you will meet these situations permanently. this is in my opinion the most painful thing in poker.

For online poker, you really don't have to watch the hand playout. After you press all in, open another browser and watch something. Come back 30 seconds later. If you won, you can reveal the log to see what they called you with.

If you lost, well you lost. So be it against 72 or AA it doesn't matter. They called you down.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For online poker, you really don't have to watch the hand playout. After you press all in, open another browser and watch something. Come back 30 seconds later. If you won, you can reveal the log to see what they called you with.

If you lost, well you lost. So be it against 72 or AA it doesn't matter. They called you down.

This is a very good point, and I actually recommend people, who tend to be overly results oriented, to practice playing multible tables and stacking them rather than tiling. In that way usually another table will pop up and require your attention, after you went all in, and then you focus on that, rather than what happen at the table, where you made your decision already.

If you won the hand, you will then see a larger stack next time, its your turn to act. And does it matter, how that happened? Generally no, but if you really want to know, open the replayer. And if you lost and is out of the tournament, then it matters even less. Seeing the "thank you for playing XXX, you finished as 72 out of 321 players" is really all, you need to know.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had the smallest stack but not by much and was on the button. Everyone folded then I shoved with TT because SB and BB had slightly more chips(thinking they'll fold) but BB called with JQ off. Cards that was dealt 333 3 4. He won highest kicker.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is really part of poker. This happens on a regular basis if you play a lot. Treat this as an integral part of game play.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got knocked out of 3 consecutive tournaments with pocket Aces. That was brutal because I was ITM in all three and it would’ve put me into position to final table.

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is really part of poker. This happens on a regular basis if you play a lot. Treat this as an integral part of game play.

Agree, more often than not you will go out empty handed, what matters is to be aggressive enough to finish deep in the money with big prizes rather than min cashing.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I do not know if it is really luck, or that the game somehow favors the biggest stack (I am talking about online games here) but incredible moves occur that I start thinking, why that incredible play did not happen to me? For example, the other day all in with aces and the other person throws all in with 3´s, the flop and river comes like: 2,4,5,6 and I was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT ?????? That really kills your mood to not play in a couple of days.

xxxSSSxxx

xxxSSSxxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all have to accept that it is a part of the game, no emotions just think, next time it will pay off.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I really have to agree with you badia . These KK vs AA hands , bad beats with monster hands after shoving preflop , traps/calls by very bad players who get very lucky on the flop with their garbage and destroy your stack , turn and river that kill your very best hand on the flop , especially after shoving on the flop , situations you think you can't fold although you suspect a monster hand/pocket pair or bad beat . Particularly when you are top 30 or top 10 , close to FT and these things happen , it really makes you feel deeply sad ..........

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is poker not always wins, we have to accept that it is a part of the game.GL

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, this happens. It is annoying, but there is not much to do about it. Sometimes this also happens in your favour.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that it is normal in the poker world, I think in fact if you play every day, you will realize that it will happen to you in each game, in the end it always takes you to a moment in which you have to play the whole for the whole And that is what makes poker one of the best games in the world :D

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is just part of the game you learn to deal with the beats after time. Cooler situations can't be helped.

If you get the money as a favourite then you can't do nothing else sure it's annoying when someone hits their 2 outer or there A4o flops a straight against your aces but it happens

it won't of been the first or will it be last time

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone knows that there is no starting combination of cards that 100% guarantees a win. On this any man can win tournament.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, badia232323! I think, this painful thing is for the All, including for Me... Because, if You play more often, means these situations
can to meet also more often... This is logically! In these occasions, I think, if You have a strong nervous system, and relate by these
"Bad Beats" philosophically, then possibly need to continue play at once, and patiently to wait, when the capricious Lady Luck
comes to You! But, if You after these "Bad Beats" hit in the "Tilt", I think, then better take a break on sometime... And after to continue play with the fresh forces!..:jd4::D