When did every pair become an all in hand

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if you're playing at Cheat on Lies, then you'll learn that 44 is coin flip vs JJ. I'm fresh off a AK vs KJ riverr@pe, and that's the book on Cheat (the customer) on Line. gl and be careful out there

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chip stacks makes a big difference, if you under 15BB people will be reshoving and calling off with most pairs because shoves and calls will be lighter. If you play only hypers you probably never fold a pair pre flop.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

No kidding! It's just not poker. Try that with some real live poker.

Angel v rai

Angel v rai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play with pairs below 9 9. But I often see 2 2 run over AA.

C

CTPA3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday my AK killed 64. Preflop all in! How is it??? Sometimes it seems to me that they see the cards, and they know what will be on the board...

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since the pairs have more or less the same preflop odds аs AK.

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's free buy in tourney no wonder, people are going all in with everything.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With small pocket pairs, I don't call all ins for one simple reason. Your equity is 50% at best. Namely when your opponent has two high cards. But it will also often happen that you run against a higher pocket pair and then your equity is only 20%. For me, small pocket pairs are at most good open pushing with less than 10 BB. I want to keep the fold equity to a maximum and hope that everyone folds. In the bubble you can do this with more than 10 BB because the risk premium is high and your opponents have to play tighter. All in all, it is a mistake for me to outplay small pocket pairs and call all ins.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its only at the low stakes or freerolls that you get those. A lot of guys gets eliminated this way. Even me with AA today.
It mostly happens on higher stakes because most good regs will gamble with a pair especially if you have bounty on your head.

W

whyfold that

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
under ten bblinds like maybe final table

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are plenty of tournament situations, where its good strategy to open jam or rejam any pair especially in a late position battle. Lets say we are playing a traditional 9 man SnG, where 2 players have busted, so its 7 left. UTG and UTG+1 have 3.000 chips, everyone else still have the starting stack of 1.500 chips. Blinds are 80/40 with a 10 ante. We are sitting in BB with 22, and CO comes in for a min-raise. We are 19BB effective and both players have the same stack.

If we just call here, we are going to massively underrealise our equity postflop, because when we miss our set, we will usually face a C-bet and fold. And when we occationally flop a set, our opponent will often have nothing, so we wont get his full stack, which cuts down on our implied odds.

For those reasons our best play with 22 is to shove our 19BB in his face. In that way we get fold equity, and when he call, we still have a decent chance to win the pot. Sometimes we are going to be a 4:1 dog, but more often we are going to be flipping against two overcards. According to ICMzier jamming 22 wins us 0,52% of the price pool, so its not even close or marginal.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have noticed this as well
I don't know how people call off with low pairs after a 4 or 5 bet

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe players are looser, I often call with low pairs, but everything will always depend on the situation, such as my position, the size of my stack in relation to others, who is my opponent, what will be the possible post-flop strategy, whether I'm going to play to set or exploit my opponent's passivity and get him to fold a hand that can improve on the turn and river. Anyway, there are plenty of reasons to call or fold a medium or low pair.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
i do it only when mu stack is less than 3 big blind

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think this starts with freerolls, how do most people play a freeroll? All in with any pair and with any card that comes to their hands, I suppose it is more bad habit, or let's say they follow their instinct and some work and others do not, you can even think of it as a good way to win chips "easy "Obviously I guess it's more annoying than low par but it's part of the game

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pair

if everyone limps in its all in

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree. People are generally playing any pocket pair much more aggressively than I am accustomed to seeing. It really puts you in a coin flip situation and I dislike putting myself in that position...however, it may be that I need to rethink how often and how aggressively I should play these hands.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

Regular tournament players play a simplified poker decision system. It's based on range charts and situational strategy. Most of the time regular tournament players will jam smaller pairs as a bluff because they will be flipping most of the time when they get called by AK,AQ for example. This can be frustrating for non regs but its just how the play.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A high percentage of players in micro stakes and certainly in freerolls SUCK at post flop. They would rather shove preflop any pocket pair they are dealt - and pray relying on total luck, rather than deal with the part of the game they are terrible at.

What they fail to understand is post flop is 75% of the game - so if they can't play post flop - they will never become anything worth mentioning except as a story to tell your buddies and laugh and point at them.

A

aapl99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
They all go all in pre with any pair. It’s sick

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I get a little bit more aggressive when the tournament is past the cash point n I tend to call off my stack instead of folding but I’m getting better at being more patient n it seems to work if u are not over aggressive

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unknown

I'm not sure why that seems to be the trend right now. I just can't play poker that way because I have trouble winning the AA's or KK"s. I don't see how I can win with small pocket pairs enough to win a tournament.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As everything in poker, IT DEPENDES.
If you are short, any pair is good if you are in fishtank. IF you are in a sharktank OOP i guess anything below 77 is not that good. IP 22 is a very good shove hand if reg are putting continious pressure with any two cards...

I like big pairs , but i dont deny the sexy ducks or 4-4 against 1 or 2 players.

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since the beginning of time of the FREEROLLS :)
hehehe

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands