When do you quit?

J

jadestem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not at all was the right call... just a suggestion if you’re feeling a little beat down some new perspective can help

And no I don’t get run over I just pick my spots my bets are the same size reguardless of AA or 78 no reads from me I call pushes when I have a great hand I bluff when I feel I can and I show down when I have to

Yeah, I do appreciate the input. I'm just never going to not play that the same way in that situation. 2/3 of the time I should win there and I'll just be kicking myself for not being in.

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
quitting is for quitters... In all seriousness though for me the time to quit is when I just dont enjoy the game anymore or the grind of the everyday gameplay. Maybe over time I develop other hobbies that end up taking more time and ends up being a new passion I put my time into. Also if it becomes a financial strain or something out of hand then obviously it's time to throw in the towel.

Of course, it is time to quit if you don't enjoy. Also, if you are losing more money than you can afford. So freerolling into a bigger bankroll seems a reasonable option :)

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a friend of mine always says: A player never stops playing, just pauses.

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I do appreciate the input. I'm just never going to not play that the same way in that situation. 2/3 of the time I should win there and I'll just be kicking myself for not being in.

Yeah I agree I’m not dogging your play at all I would call push over as well every time. 65% is damn good spot to be in.

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If you are making the right poker decisions = never quit, you will win long term

If you are not making the right poker decisions = make them happen

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to dont let bad beats influence ur mindand ur game, if u lost u lost and move on, if u won keep calm and move on :)