What's your view on going all in with AK ?

B

benspocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would`nt go all in

B

benspocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i will always go allin with ak

D

Darren

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, I lose WAY too often having A-K and even just paying to see the flop. I'll only play it if its easy, and cheap. I'd much rather go all in with an AA hand or KK. Maybe even JJ :jd4: :jd4:

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plenty of times I went all in on AK and lost to pair of 3s, pair of 7s, an AK don't mean nothing unless the board produces either, don't go all in unless you know you're gonna win, not on chance

JayBonez

JayBonez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always tough Big Slick. I recently had a scenario trying to play aggresive to win with big slick where a lower kicker ace was present. I read it right ,what i didnt read was ahead of me a women had gotten nines, and my buy-ins chips werent enough to push her out. The ace queen called as well so i knew my read was right. In a gentlemans game she folds, or a real tourney. I should have commented it, I probably could have talked her out thinking back on it. When in doubt fold it out!

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the first case, I would be dropped since there are various hands that you can not beat , and in addition to this stack , you can play and play . in the second case it is necessary to go Ollin because you can beat the more hands

N

Niksic007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That would depend of many factors, like your stack in relation to the blinds, the image os your opponent, among others. Remember, AK offsuit is not categorized as first class starting hands, only AK suited does. I would have never called all in or shoved with AKo unless I have less than 25BB. Also, if everybody fold and I am small blind, it is good to push your opponent in big blind, or call/shove when player in cutoff position all in/raise.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact Ak is a good hand depending if you are the aggressor, and your pocision ... but do not trust you could meet with AA

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well if is some serious tournament you should not goall in wait for flop,I lost 50 procent when I GO ALL IN WITH AK....

P

Pessoa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on you, i don't like AK all in, you are much better after the flop

K

kazmeer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In answer to the first version involving a 3k all in. It truly depends, if the ACE king is suited I'm going to sit and think about it, if its not I'm throwing it away. Chances are your playing against aces already and your way behind or they have a high pocket pair and even then your still behind. The hands will come again later, always be patient.

psyho26

psyho26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday put all in with AK and hit KK QQ JJ in the end I moved all the ACE on the river

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always try to get all chips from oponent by this cards. And always when i got AK with same colour click "all in"

U

uready4dis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a monkey move because AK doesnt win all the time, its the same really almost as going in with 23

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello my friend it would be nice to go with 2 big blinds so you will be equal to several villains later it would be to set a trap to go aggressive in case we see the best possible hand in our favor and make the villains equal to get us to get a good boat. I hope you serve luck on the tables.

G

Gerb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're not putting AK vs a specific hand your opponent is shoving, but a range they could be shoving. You're only slightly behind at 43% equity if your opponent is only jamming 22-AA and nothing else.

If we increase their range to 22-AA, 78s-AKs, AJo+, AJs+, KJs+, KJo+, J10o.

You're at 56% equity preflop for AKo, 58% for AKs.

Even if we tighten your opponents range a bit to: 22-AA, A10s+, AQo+, KQo, KQs, QJs, 10Js, you still have 51% equity preflop.

So, yes. It is a profitable call.

I know it's slightly positive EV, but I think it also depends on how much value you place on doubling up vs busting. Personally, early in a tourney, doubling up half the time isn't worth busting out the other half. Maybe that's playing too scared, but if I had 2 tourneys going, I'd rather have a starting stack in each than a doubled up stack and a bust out. I play <$5 buy-in tourneys, so maybe it would be different at higher buy-ins, but that's my 2 cents.

R

Ricardas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a nuts pre flop! Again , 1vs1 it is a perfect hand! Try tu get all your chips with AK pre flop in the middle

C

cj2327

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling off with AK is much different than betting or raising it all in; the latter is much better. In the first case, I think you can justify the fold here because you have a deep enough stack to wait for a better spot to make your move. Only call here if you think your opponent is shoving a very wide range, like the first few hands of a freeroll. In the 2nd spot, you are definitely better off open shoving, but I don't think you can fold to his shove unless you are much deeper stacked or else right on the bubble.

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a strong hand but we must take into account the depth of the stack and the stage of the tournament (if the tournament). In the initial stage to exhibit this hand bad decision.