What's your best tips for online tournaments ?

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at an early stage of the frolls, play only the top range! Pockets on the set are even a bit out of chance! play tight-aggressive! good luck

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
health attack is the best defense moderately of course but that's just my opinion.

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one of the most important concerns is the poker not only in poker but also in life

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early stages just wait for nut hands and be nutted for showdown you have plenty of chips to do this.

ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am pretty new to poker and I play at least one tournament everyday. I try to read as much as I can but I'm a bit curious what you guys think are the best tips and strategys for example freeroll tournaments and such!

Best tip is to get a HUD. I prefer pokertracker 4.
Also watch some streamers on twitch to get some good content.

I

iceiceice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
  • Don't open limp
  • Play tight and play in position if you're just starting out
  • Look up Push/Shove charts for when the stacks gets shorter
  • Win flips

J

Jimboskie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spend a lot of time studying table dynamics and mastering a HUD. Watch a bunch of streamers and take note of what they say. There's a lot of software out there as well that can be used as a study tool.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My tip for online tournaments - to be patient and disciplined. Sometimes it takes a long time to get a good pocket card.

Last edited:
AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To have a lot of patience, take care of your mankroll and play as much as you want but trying to rest from time to time, online games can be very exhausted so rememeber to sleep hahaha :D

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
1. Waste your money with learning not with games
2. When you are thinking you knows everything it's when you lose more money.
3. Read books, read forums, watch videos and learn the basics concepts
4. Before any deposit to play, study by a personal coaching.
5. Just buy a coaching when you have a reasonable knowledge
6. Study a lot
7. Make your hand reviews
8. Be cold as a computer to take your decisions
9. Take care your mental health (have a bankroll management, good food, good sleep, good fun and physical exercises)

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play freerolls, MTT and SNG depending on the mood

I play freerolls, MTT and SNG depending on the mood. In each of these tournaments there are many pluses and many minuses. I really do not like Heads Up and Spin and Go, I always lose in these tournaments. In order to better play, install Holdem Manager, as you advised. This is a very useful program that will help you to better know opponents and will give an opportunity to analyze your game.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First and foremost, learn to fold. Learn patience! I personally can't stress this enough - learn to fold (especially if you didn't join latereg)

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
practice and practice. Also play as many freerolls as you can. Once you in the money a few times in a row then you know you good.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Build a big enough stack so you can sustain the inevitable `bad beat` you will receive in a tournament,play as if it never happened.:cool:

T

TH13gambler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been taking it a little more serious i wish to profit not make a living but be nice for the balance to grow even pennies at time, watched some pros advice and i now sit with these notes in front of me, hope these help anyone. (phil hellmuth and annie duke advice)

DONT OVERESTIMATE SUITED CONNECTORS, PLAY POSITION AND FOLD MORE WHEN OUT OF POSITION, PEOPLE TO KEEN TO PLAY THEM.

TURN IS IMPORTANT CARD AND A RAISE ON TURN CAN SHOW STRENGTH OF A HAND.

BE MORE AGGRESSIVE AND TAKE MORE RISK WITH TOP HANDS, FOLD THE FLOP IF GOES WRONG.

POSITION IS IMPORTANT,
EARLY PLAY STRONG HANDS AA AK KK AQ QQ
MIDDLE PLAY KJ KQ 99 88
LATE PLAY WEAKER HANDS IF PEOPLE HAVE FOLDED BUT BE WARY OF ANY RAISE ON BLINDS

ALWAYS QUESTION RAISES BY TABLE POSITION OF OPPONENT, IS PLAYER BEING AGGRESSIVE, LOOSE OR ARE THEY CHIP LEADER AND BULLYING.

Hope these help anyone learning they make so much sense and been helping me improve, never envy or be jealous of the best they are teachers you learn form and dont be afraid to lose and we all get bad beats at poker and in life :)

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The good thing about freerolls is that you do not invest money.
If you're new to poker, you can see some videos on youtube on hand range, positions, type of villains, pre and post flop play, etc.
And when you manage to win a few bucks and have a good bank, the best advice I can give you, it is the bank hand.

chatocham

chatocham

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am pretty new to poker and I play at least one tournament everyday. I try to read as much as I can but I'm a bit curious what you guys think are the best tips and strategys for example freeroll tournaments and such!
Be prepared to stay in front of the computer for long hours mate.

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Study, study and study again))

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
you must play safe and with a lot of patience, do not risk in an indescribable way, follow your instinct but safely, try to make a good reading of your opponents, that will help you a lot to make difficult decisions

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best tip I can give you probably is: trail and error your hands. When I started to play Poker, I was always thinking about "oh my bankroll is going down" and "I need better hands to win the game". But after a few months, I started to realise that playing poker is about trail and error.

Just try out the game, play some hands you are not doing now and look how they work-out. Starting people are so tight in playing their games, that they can open up their range.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play tournaments in a tight aggressive style steal blinds always when there is an opportunity with good positions and learn how to throw good starting hands.

M

Monkhouse1991

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight in early stages, try to not fall in love with suited connectors or low pairs too much. Know how to play your positions, and observe your table. Are they playing tight, aggressive? Do they fold on almost every 3 bet, or are they like calling stations?

Ultimately, you must be willing to wait for premium hands early on. Hands like J/10 or Q/K suited will get you into a lot of trouble, especially if some players shove with KK/AA, or if you flop top pair, but a few people have raised preflop or called ahead of you. Also don't be afraid to bluff, as that will allow you to get some extra chips in from a dry board.

Don't open limp, and don't raise preflop UTG with a weak hand like A/7 suited. Poker is all about patience, variance, and luck/skill. When you get extremely short stacked in late games, you must try to shove with the best hand you can possibly get, before you get under 10 BB's.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a good tip is to see more flops. People play WAY too tight as they learn to play. While this is certainly a way to retain your chips, its not a way to build your stack. Often what will happen is you are going to have problems around the bubble. Learn to play tight but also learn when to slowly start opening your range as the blinds grow so you don't suffocate your stack.

R

Rounder646

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Must learn to play with 10-20 bb stacks and learn push fold strat. You will spend a lot of time in mtts playing with stacks between these bb levels. So learning the ranges to squeeze the most EV out of every situation is critical. While these ranges are not the "optimal" way to play always, it shows what ranges are always profitable to shove which = better than folding. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...2U3Oscg4-B2_0xog/edit?hl=en_US&hl=en_US#gid=3

Miketheman190

Miketheman190

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient. Watch what players bluff a lot and open a lot of hands would be my starting points.

Poker Tips