What's the optimal or best time to late register?

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
30 mins in, An hour in or 30 minutes -an hour left?

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on each player. A good player can build a nice stack in the early stages against average to low players at the start. For me, I tend to get bored at times so depending how enthused I am is the gauge I use to determine starting point, start-mid-end. Also if starting chips are 50% or better then the average stack I wait as long as possible.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There are a few things that you have to consider, on the one hand, of course, the player himself and, on the other hand, what you want to achieve in the tournament. There are many people who just want itm and then jump into a tournament at the last minute they calculate how long it takes for itm to be and then jump in at the last minute but if you want more than just itm then you should probably do something get in early, and someone who is a profitable player should probably be there from the start. In the zoom tournaments you also have a good chance of getting far if you go in later, because people usually play a little faster in a zoom tournament and therefore fly out of the tournament a little faster. there are also people who work best under pressure and therefore enter a tournament very late

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually like to get in at the beginning of tournaments, especially in freerolls, because there are the best fish and the chance of me doubling my chips is greater. When you enter with a late registration, there is a great chance that you will not find these fish in the tournament anymore, the ones that stayed there are already more experienced players, and your chances will be reduced, besides that you will enter with a number of bb smaller. Good luck to everyone at the tables.:)

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is better to start the tournaments from the beginning, because if you enter very late you have very few chips.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically I try to start the tournament from the beginning. So there are more chances to wait for the cards and play in the future with a good stack. For late registration, it is simply vital to double because the blainds will eat your stack. This option is suitable for those who believe in their luck.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would register PKO MTTs and hyper MTTs at the start.

PKO MTT losing equity some bounty prize pool with late registration strategy since you may not cover players at your table.

Hyper MTT early registration to allow you play as many hands as possible with large to mid stack

I would state with slow structure MTt register would what you are cortfortable number blind for a stacking stack.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
never, my opinion is that late entries are only for moments when you are not sure if you want to play or have something planned for that day that could be extended and there is a risk that you may not be able to reach or manage to register in time :); I don't use this trick:)

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
It depends on many factors. The type of tournament if it is zoom, bounty, hyper turbo, turbo, normal, slow, etc... Also the cost of the tournament, initial chips, if it is a Freezeout, if there is a rebuy or re-entry and how many there are, if there is an add on and its payment structure. How would you feel more comfortable and less pressured after analyzing all possible tournament structures. It is easier for some to play from early stages, another middle and others at the end. Each player has a style of play and must recognize it in order to get the most out of it.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always log in the last minutes of registration,I immediately double stack or fly out, but I save my time))

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
If to late registrate then the very last minute/second is completely fine i'd imagine ...

This usually works in these rare 888 cc games which still have this very long late reg period ...

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends of the player. I like to join in a moment that the blinds are still comfortable to my stack, so, I usually register in 1 hour maximum of late registration.

Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of freerolls on pokerstars are qualifiers/steps, they are hyper and many many players in them. Its best to register at start and another important factor is that they have add on option si its best to have $1 in your account because at the start of the add on period even if you're chip leader, without the add on you'll end up going at bottom list maybe middle stacked if lucky.. But again thats just my oppionion regarding Pokerstars freerolls running these days

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me is the very las minute and go all in first hand. I do that sometimes and surprisingly it works, sometimes

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Up to level 4-5, after that it is harder to recover especially if it is something turbo or hyper

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me its not about the time but the blinds. I like to enter at about 25 - 30 BB starting stack. So that will vary between a 1 hour late reg and a 4 hour and 20 minute late reg. The amount of pressure you can take, and the patience you have, for late regs is what to consider when deciding. I see several players at about 5 minutes til the end of late reg sign up and go all in with the first Ace they catch. So they can afford or take the pressure. I need a little more time. But I dont have the patience and stamina to play 4 hours plus before the end of late reg. Most times theres another hour or more before reaching the bubble, then depending on the size of the field a lot more time to the good pay jumps. So for me 25-30 BBs maybe as low as 20 BB starting stack.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on your skill level. If you know the game you're playing well and have the endurance then go the whole way. If you're playing a nl or pl game then go at the beginning because that's where all the beginners that don't know how to play but think "an aggressive donk fest" game is good. You want to play those folks early in a nl/pl game.

The only time a more experienced player would sit out/register late is because they don't want to bother with the donk players in the beginning of a tourn and would have a better time dealing with the folks have a better idea what they're doing that last longer in tourns.

In limit game in the same situation you can sitout the first few rounds until the antes start to kick in to where they're meaningful.

There's little point in playing the first few levels when winning a pot isn't going to move your chips stack. Like if you start with 100k and can win like 1000 then its not worth it.

You want to get there when if you get a hand can play for something but its still not going to cost you a lot to see cards in a limit game and that takes experience to know a certain particular tourn structure when that is.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like to enter a tournament with a 15BB stack. If I manage to double my stack, that's cool. If not, at least I won't waste much time.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't like long late registration, so I ask you to register 40-60 minutes before the end of the late registration, in any case, even if you started playing from the very beginning and there will be such a period of the game when everyone and everything moves you, then it's very disappointing , and if you're leaving at the end of a late check-in, you'll most likely re-enter. Then why waste money initially when it can be used later.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
30 mins in, An hour in or 30 minutes -an hour left?
I think tournaments should be played from the very beginning, because there are very large stacks at the beginning and many players do not know how to use a large stack and you can grow your stack decently! You can also enter the tournament later, but here you should understand what level of play you have and the fact that there are already fewer and fewer fish, and you are already starting to play with more experienced players! Of course, it's up to you when you enter the tournament, but I would recommend entering at the very beginning! Good luck at the tables!

P

pontvadasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last minute registration has worked for me many times.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it's different for each player but in my opinion you should have at least 20-30bb to play otherwise you will immediately go into the push-fold stage!!!

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play small buy-in tournament & last 10 minutes register.

Quick outed or quick ITM is my purpose.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are comfortable with variance and play well with a short stack of 20bb or less, then you can safely use late registration if it ends close to ITM. But I personally think whether to do a late registration in the tournament if my stack is less than 20bb, for me the variance in this case is too high

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I prefer to start playing on time, and I also make sure that the late registration is small because it is more comfortable to play when the opponent does not have the opportunity to come in and make an incredible comeback.