What is your biggest difficulty in poker?

jappchop

jappchop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mine is not having the people to believe in me when playing poker

A

AdrianKoTao

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitly: bank role managment. i n early always fail having me limited to it.
a question of discipline i know :(

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Building a bankroll. I have been trying for almost a year and a half and just can get it going. I can’t even get past micro stakes. I’m honestly getting to a point of where I can’t afford coaching and my game isn’t improving enough to get to the next level.

K

Karl Hernandez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its folding a strong hand like Aces and Kings on the turn, when opponent checkcalls all the time as if he has a draw, and then Turncard completes his turn and he starts with a bet instead of a check.

I allways tell myself that he bluffs, but in most cases he doesnot.

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's a problem. At the table, the player is constantly olyn with junk hands, he gets in the distribution of two pairs and takes the pot. I have on hand, or DD CC and I are in late position. Does my olyn or reset your couple? Do I have to wait until it will fly, but quickly melts my stack with a quick game. I play online and the player can not see, it is impossible to watch him. And I feel a lack of confidence in his game

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest difficulty is to stay focused after losing a good hand. Suppose I have tripled my stacks, then at some point I get involved with a player who has half my stack, that player goes allin with AK from the button and I call BB with AA. The board comes K K J 2 3 and I end up falling out of the tournament. My biggest difficulty is staying focused on the tournament after a loss of that.

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, Learn how to fold a good hand is the most difficult thing in poker.
All players like to try is own luck..:icon_rr:

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, the biggest difficulty is to be patient enough to wait for good cards. Unfortunately, I do not always have patience.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest difficulty is not knowing if I am being out kicked in a hand and or folding a good hand only to be beat by a great hand.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
biggest difficulty is lack of patience

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fast transition practicing new ideas learned. its difficult for me not to **** up first before implementing or integrating the new theory or ideas in my game. However what i name as **** up maybe the normal adjustment/experiment stage where, well, things do go wrong before going right.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing more than half my stack then tilting .... I’m still trying to learn how to gain confidence and to try and make better plays after losing chips.... slowly but surely I will gain it

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Sometimes, it is difficult for me to remain focused, for a long time. I think that prolonged concentration is the most difficult thing for me.

G

gaguilu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
focus

To focus it is better to play less (table) possible and to read the range of the adversary is only possible from the middle of the tournament to the end, because at the beginning of the tournament there is a very weak player, who opens anything

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my biggest issue is when i get in a certain 'mood'. for example after losing with AA a preflop all-in i start to tilt and overplay my Cards because 'i have to get the Chips back'.
or if I run good sometimes I start raising and 3beting rags because I think i can outplay my opponents …. I usally end up donking off my Chips with a 3 Barrel bluff
Patience is not a big deal because i usally Play more than one Tournament

The biggest difficulty i face online are players that just randomly go all in on a bs move against my pp or ak. i always gettem back by writting there names down and busting them lol hehehe
try to avaoid them unless you have a premium Hand.
if they suck out against your overpair, you still got it in good ;)

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It happens to me just like you, at some point in a long tournament I lose concentration, and that makes me make mistakes or do things that I should not do, I guess that fatigue affects and makes you can not have a reading of the players

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grandpa Bronson said something like this: learn to perceive your game as part of a long game session that lasts your entire life. Today's failures will end with tomorrow's victories.

From my own experience I can say that the following trick helps me well. As soon as a bad beat happens, I just get up and go to the kitchen to drink some water. While I go to the kitchen, I drink water and walk back, it takes about 2 minutes and the anger passes. I noticed that even if you just get up and walk away for 30 seconds, the tilt disappears. The basic rule is to get up immediately and move away for 30 seconds, but not play any further.

Is this the thing Phil Hellmuth does when he is beaten or being pissed off by the new age players or Negreanu? lol. joke. I know what you mean. But hey, this definitely helps. It gets your body moving and doing something else than continuing what it is already doing.

LA PokerKush

LA PokerKush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We elect two:

First stay focused for a long time in a tournament. I always do something stupid.
According to my reading range is somewhat limited, I believe that play well with what I see, but I have difficulty reading than the opponent can have. I believe this is essential in poker.

Some literature suggestion, or you own tip to improve these two points?
Focusing is going to be a big one for a lot of players, including myself, which leads into making incorrect plays. For me if I can't start the tournament from beginning and commit to the end, I won't play.
MTT's take longer than most expect and you have to adjust in the different stages.

Early stage- see as many flops as possible for cheap, try and build that stack (the goal is 1st-3rd place)
Middle stages- if you have a decent stack you can still apply pressure but tighten up a little.
Late stages- If you have a big stack close to the bubble, apply pressure.

Late stages is where it can get tricky because as you said about reading players wrong, if you don't have a solid read an your opponents hand range, its okay to fold. You're still in the game. You lose some chip EV but there are future ICM calculations that you can imply. In other words, if your not sure, why risk it unless that specific hand would win the whole tournament? The goal is to win the tourney, not be correct about opponents holdings. If its a cash game it would be different, chip EV would be the only thing to worry about and you will have to focus more on raising and calling ranges of the opponents.
But in a tournament, even if you're correct about their hands if you get unlucky in the late stages in a tournament, you being right did nothing and it still cost you.
Now the that sounds result oriented, and it is, and you can't keep folding the best hand long term, its just not good theoretically and not good poker in general. That being said you can sacrifice some chip EV along the way if it means you'll get further it a tournament.

Good luck!

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like many players, my biggest difficulty is staying focused later on in tournaments.
Also I tend to stay too long at a cash game and make mistakes as I become exhausted.

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Know when stop... I could be rich hahaha

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Focusing is going to be a big one for a lot of players, including myself, which leads into making incorrect plays. For me if I can't start the tournament from beginning and commit to the end, I won't play.
MTT's take longer than most expect and you have to adjust in the different stages.

Early stage- see as many flops as possible for cheap, try and build that stack (the goal is 1st-3rd place)
Middle stages- if you have a decent stack you can still apply pressure but tighten up a little.
Late stages- If you have a big stack close to the bubble, apply pressure.

Late stages is where it can get tricky because as you said about reading players wrong, if you don't have a solid read an your opponents hand range, its okay to fold. You're still in the game. You lose some chip EV but there are future ICM calculations that you can imply. In other words, if your not sure, why risk it unless that specific hand would win the whole tournament? The goal is to win the tourney, not be correct about opponents holdings. If its a cash game it would be different, chip EV would be the only thing to worry about and you will have to focus more on raising and calling ranges of the opponents.
But in a tournament, even if you're correct about their hands if you get unlucky in the late stages in a tournament, you being right did nothing and it still cost you.
Now the that sounds result oriented, and it is, and you can't keep folding the best hand long term, its just not good theoretically and not good poker in general. That being said you can sacrifice some chip EV along the way if it means you'll get further it a tournament.

Good luck!

Friend, everything you said has to be repeated like a mantra actually already have some idea about it, however it seems that a sudden forget everything, or remember more about to be very safe, hard to find way, each has its good to see but it is the way of others to help shape their. Thank you for answers, has very good tips.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tilt is still my weakness I amplaying better but tilt is my issue. Hope to overcome it one day.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest problem is hands, never hold once that river comes it kills me all the time.

Second problem once I lose that hand I tilt, then game is over.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the biggest difficulty for me, probably for most other igrakov too - is to try to fold bad cards and wait until the right cards come for this position, because the more often you go to the Bank with bad cards, the faster your stack decreases

LA PokerKush

LA PokerKush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friend, everything you said has to be repeated like a mantra actually already have some idea about it, however it seems that a sudden forget everything, or remember more about to be very safe, hard to find way, each has its good to see but it is the way of others to help shape their. Thank you for answers, has very good tips.
You're welcome, my pleasure to help! "repeated like a mantra" haha!
Thanks for the kind words,

Good luck at the tables!