What starting hand do you like best?

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
played micromillion at poker stars.I couldn't resist for long.Tough games.What cards do you play with?What would you recommend?

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends what format was chosen. In any case, the field is huge and the first hour is at least worth playing with a minimum set of hands. Again, position is everything. Sometimes it gives value to the hand.

C

CableBox

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What card´s using to go All-In Freeroll Micro Millions?

K Q isn´t bad for the first 2 double ups

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a specific chart to what cards shall be played in what formats and what to do with them. It's all theory and math, not a matter of opinion. And, yes, I stick to the theory, more or less.

xxxSSSxxx

xxxSSSxxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
played micromillion at poker stars.I couldn't resist for long.Tough games.What cards do you play with?What would you recommend?
I was busted from that one with a pair of kings against J2. Had a stack around 4k, and player with 7k paid all in with 2 other players who had much less. The flop turned 73JJ9, we all got busted.

Question is do you feel lucky enough?

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early on when you have a lot more blinds you can play more speculative hands. Low suited connectors lose value as you drop below 60 blinds.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed one peculiarity in these tournaments.A lot of bluffing.Especially those with a big stack.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed one peculiarity in these tournaments.A lot of bluffing.Especially those with a big stack.

Cheaper tournaments tend to have a worse standard of play and I would say its better to bluff less as your better hands will get paid more. But big stacks can take more risks and put pressure on lesser stacks so may bluff more.

PktPairPete

PktPairPete

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I qualified for tomorrow's tournament with the most amazing run. Tried playing conservatively at first but couldn't get a foothold and was in danger of blinding out. Someone was shoving on every hand. In the end I loosened up and played A10+, any two paint cards, pairs 9+, suited connectors from about 67+. More a game of luck than of skill, but I could do no wrong.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Premium and only premium:drunken_s

S

scalabrinijp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

shove with any ace pre flop :)

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i dont know , but i like KK more than AA , when ever i get AA i get the feeling the game will trick me to invest good part of chips to make me lose . It happened 15% in all in situation , and most of the time 60% when i want to trap , a flush or a straight board destroys me .

How u play AA and what u think about this hand?

In late game AA crush and this hand is BIG value that is worth to slowplay , but in the begining is hard to play if u shove u get little chips , if u want to trap u may lose

guwanch7777777

guwanch7777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
write whatever you want but in the end everyone likes one starting hand AA

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the tournament format. Gipperturbo play with a very wide range of hands. Regular tournaments as the conventional tournaments such limitah.nesuschestvuet difference between ordinary tournaments and micromillions. The main thing is not to go through and reach the prize zone. It is important to win the tournament.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing cards according to your position is the best way to play. You should understand that if you’re first to act or under the gun(UTG) you’ll want to play extremely strong hands because you have so many people to act after you. If you want to know my favorite hands it’s AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK that’s my top 5 and should be anyone’s

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
For me the best hands for this type of tournaments are AA, AKs, KK, and QQ, depending on the position I go All In with less than 15BB. They are long tournaments that require a lot of patience.

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say the usual AA, KK, QQ, AKs etc but to answer more specific 'what hand do you like best?' Well I am quite fond of A5s for some reason not sure why but when sub 20bb i will happily shove that hand more often than not.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why the ACE Jack I always lose.Sometimes a well-played ACE of spades.Well, a pair of aces or pair of kings always play

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I would play with the best possible cards and more in position also possibly what kind of players find something very important on my table that needs to be analyzed

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haven't got favorite starting hand but i think i like hand suited on the beginning.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm guilty of spewing frequently with A5s, I blame Doug Polk :)

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Other than the obvious AA and KK, I like hands that have a lot of equity. Suited connectors, especially low ones when there's at least 3 other people in the hand going to the flop. This gives you better odds that your cards will hit when they have higher cards.

bmess92

bmess92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suited connectors are pure gold for me, I even like them better than the premium hands. The possibilities of reward are bigger, in my oppinion, because of the opponents thinking that you got decent pre-flop hand if you raise pre-flop and make a continuation bet after. My favourite one is 79 suited, dunno why, I just love it.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play without fear, remember that the tournament is long and the money is in the final table, do not think about it, but in the final table. I tell you that I made a final table in a micromillions of pokerstars.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands