What part of a tournament do you have the most difficulty playing?

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The mine field . ( where there is very low stacks and very high stacks )

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning for me, i find it difficult to implement my style due to the frenzy. Players are just shoving any Ace, or calling 3/4 bets with junk, although it is also an opportunity to stack up some chips, it is also an opportunity to get donked out of the tourney. An example, on a recent tourney, 2nd hand got dealt Aces, I raise, someone re-raises, i 4 bet, he called. Flop J/6/4 rainbow, i bet, he shoves. He had 93, of course turn & river was 9..9. What can you do..

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I would say early on because with a lot of chips you tend to bet more and that can hurt later, going short too early is very uncomfortable, I can handle that, but the fact that others pay you just to cover increases the possibility that they make you a bad beat.

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the fate of entering the prize pool is at stake and my chip count is dramatically low.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It used to be difficult for me to play at the last table. When I learned to play at the last table, I realized that the initial period of the tournament when I needed to exaggerate the stack remained difficult for me due to the presence of bad players. They really interfere with normal play.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just before he pay that often i loose there because i loose my patience.....so i need to practice this time of tournament...

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I would like to know, which part of the tournament do you have the most difficulty playing?

and you usually end up losing tournaments for what reason?
The problem that I have not solved yet is that I always try to reach the paid seats, yes if I try to do so, I often get there, but my chips are almost finished :(. In addition, the remaining players in the tournament are often very good, as it is difficult to go back and win chips again.

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, the hardest start!
'Cause a lot of bad hands get into pots and the boards go down so I get paranoid sometimes

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think when you are chip leading a tourney or have amassed a large stack that puts you in top 10 percentile thats the biggest challenge, having the self discipline to continue playing the same way whilst recognising pots to enter and blinds increasing, thats the part i find the biggest challenge.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i'm on the bubble and trying to enter final table. This is though part for me.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the first half of the tournament is the hardest. If I survive that then I seem to get my second wind and then I can motor on with the rest of the game. It seems that in the third quarter some players take more risks to try and increase their bankroll to get to the final table.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The part of the tournament after the bubble is the most difficult for me, I have a very large number of errors and crashes in this place !!!

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I dont like play when late reg not over)))) On GG or ACR much tourneys with 2-3 hour and more late reg bcs its very bored feelings when im wait for payed places)))))

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The hardest part is getting to the final table. In many years of playing poker, I've made it to the final table no more than 10 times. But when I got to the final table, I usually got 3rd or 4th place.

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hey,
I like the question.
The most difficult part of a tounament for me is the final 3 tables or so. I need to work harder and learn more about this tournament phase. I feel like I don't have an edge anymore when we get to 30 players left. (exept for the freeroll, it a whole other type of tournament).
Gl at the tables

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, I have other weaknesses other than this one and this does not happen very often but the worst part of my game is heads up. I have a very difficult time playing 1on 1. I think it is the hardest part of the game, at least for me it is.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
At the middle of the game-just before the bubble.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My struggle is at the bubble. I try so hard not to play my game any different at that point but I frequently chicken out and fold playable hands just hoping to make the money.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
for me in the final part that the time we're more tired by doing enough hours we're playing there is easier to make mistake

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would like to know, which part of the tournament do you have the most difficulty playing?

In my opinion, the difficulty of the game does not depend on the stage of the tournament. The difficulty of the game, at least for me personally, depends on the skill of my opponents.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The beginning. I try to hold back the impulses :rolleyes:

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
It gets complicated when there are few chips left and the mandatory stakes are already higher and you don't get a good hand to play at that time. At least it's important for me to have at least 20 BB in order to play and bet with peace of mind in order to be able to expect a good one. Hand: D

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's very hard for me in a 2000+ tournament, when there are two or four tables left. You have to watch the players from other tables. And you are no longer fresh, as at the beginning of the tournament.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The moment that is most difficult for me is in the prize bubble, even more so when I have few chips because there is always a player who likes to benefit from this situation and does so by playing aggressively.