What is the optimal number of tables for tournament poker?

Delafere

Delafere

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I noticed pros playing at 10+ tables at the same time. I am comfortable with 4 tables. I think that this figure should increase over time. How are you dealing with this?

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
For me too, 3-4 tables are the ideal number to be able to play in a concentrated manner.
On the other hand, there is no universally valid “best” number. Everyone has their own personal comfort zone. Some people are already busy enough at two tables, other mass cattle play 10+. Only everyone can find out and determine for themselves how many there are in the end.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The optimal number of tables that can be played at the same time is found through our own experience. But, if you evaluate your ability to pay attention and concentration, you can avoid unnecessary search and waste of money.But for many players, an increase in the number of tables leads to a deterioration in the result. There are players who are always on the lookout; no move and no stupidity of the opponent can surprise, stun, or confuse them. They may make the wrong decision, but it will be a reasonable and calculated action. I think 2-3 tables are enough.

A

Adieadie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fell comfortable playing only one.
When I play more than one, I don't win nothing.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I mostly play on my smartphone lately so it's best to have one table open for the comfort of the game. But you can do more of course, on a laptop/pc max four, but very rarely when I gamble on so many tables, I used to play many tourists at the same time more often.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
A maximum of 4 tables at the same time, but most of the time I only play on one or two tables.
As a hobby player, this many tables can still be played comfortably, although it can already divide the attention.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in which you can be concentrated and seeing what happens in them, my maximum is 6 tables that are the ones that fit on the screen in a good size, it will depend on each person but I think it is essential to be able to see all of them and know that you are focused on the movements of others

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you are satisfied with 4 tables, then play as you prefer not to switch to more tables and make yourself uncomfortable I think in the future when you know the actions from each position on the machine, you will play more tables I play 6-8 tables are more difficult to play so I don't recommend

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Personally I feel most comfortable playing 2-3. Everything over 4 gets just way to hectic for my taste, especially once tournament gets into later stages and it's nice to actually commit full focus to the table you're playing on.
This is coming from hobby player tho, so going bit more hardcore into it I assume you'd want to play as many as you are capable to follow, while trying to keep some of your sanity.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I noticed pros playing at 10+ tables at the same time. I am comfortable with 4 tables. I think that this figure should increase over time. How are you dealing with this?
I'm also comfortable playing at four tables, sometimes I can play 6 or 7 tables, but no more. Professionals play the maximum number of tables that a poker room can allow, for example, 24 tables at pokerstars. In order to play at such a number of tables, you need to have a stable and fast Internet connection and 2-3 large monitors, because it's much more convenient. For professionals, it is very important to play a lot of tables because, as they say, the more you play, the more you win)

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm comfortable playing 4 at most, I'm not pulling anymore. I'm losing focus.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I've already seen people who played with more than 20 tables and somehow found the time to chat in a relaxed way. So that had never been possible for me until now, but playing up to 10 tables at once was feasible but certainly not where I can say that I played my optimal game. Now it is no longer possible for the player from germany to play more than 4 tables on PokerStars and that's where my comfort zone is more. But I don't think it's a shame at all if you only play at one table at the same time. Fun should be paramount and everyone must decide for themselves what is most fun for them and above all what they can handle best, regardless of whether that is just a table or 10

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched a stream on YouTube, the streamer played at 12 tables, this is not normal for me, as a simple player I play no more than 3 tables

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The optimal number of tables is whatever maximizes your hrly earnings. There are some things you can do to fill your monitor, you can mix in some faster format sngs while you are waiting for tourneys to start and you can mix in freerolls -if it becomes too hectic you can just close the freerolls or sit out. Since MTTs require more attention in the later stages, I like to stagger the start times so you have a good mix of tourneys in early, mid, and late stages.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think that 4 tables are the best and max numaber , in the game to be focus enough

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main idea is to keep as many tables as you can focus and play A game on them

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm playing maximum the 4 tables: this is most comfortable for me and for my monitor! But this is only joke, of course!

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t think the optimal table amount is relevant. I believe an optimal amount of players makes more sense. Considering the buy-in as well. So, for example : 1000 players x $10= $10000 prize. 9 players per table

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It is difficult for me to concentrate if more than 2-3 tables are open)

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 4 - 8 tables are manageable with 2 monitors. Optimum number depends on a person's capability.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Everyone is different, it's hard for someone to play at three tables, and someone plays 12 tables at the same time and feels comfortable. It all depends on the person's capabilities, for example, I can't play 3-4 tables anymore, but I have to grow up in the game first and play more tables later.

damaincontender

damaincontender

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
If its sit and go i can do 6 at. A time but Mtts 4 is generally the most i can do whilst still being able to Follow all action and opponents and see all tables on the screen too.

idhemmy

idhemmy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The optimal number of tables is 4-6, as playing more can reduce win rate due to lack of focus and fatigue. You should find a balance between profit and ability to play optimally.

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
yeah Mostly 4 to 6 tables but the less table you have the better you will be at these tables since you can get more usefull information :D

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My best performance is at only two tables at once. But usually I dont have much time so I play at four. If is in important events, I try to focus on only two