What is the optimal number of tables for tournament poker?

KevinRBTV

KevinRBTV

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Depends a lot on your experience. I am sometimes overwhelmed with even 4 tables

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
For four tables I have the best focus. Above this number I can play too, but it's not so good with my concentration.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel comfortable with two, but I need to play with more.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opnion you need to find what is best for you. I believe there is no rule or a formula but yes you need to find what can you play better

Adi_XAS

Adi_XAS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
The optimal number of tables for a tournament poker event depends on various factors, but generally, it is recommended to have no more than 10-12 players per table to ensure efficient play and smooth tournament flow.

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It’s also comfortable for me to play no more than 4 tables. I think over time the number will increase. When I just started playing, even two was difficult.
:)

K

KING1805

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I have noticed that my performance is best if I play only one table. But I can play max 3 tables at once. My performance will be good but not the best this way.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed pros playing at 10+ tables at the same time. I am comfortable with 4 tables. I think that this figure should increase over time. How are you dealing with this?
This is a very individual question, the more you progress and work on the game, the more tables you can play.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I have seen people playing way more than ten tables but I don't think it matters what's optimal for them, it only matters what's optimal for the individual, I hate playing multiple tournaments but I don't mind multi cash games at all

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For 10+ tables, in order not to lose efficiency, some kind of auxiliary software doesn't hurt, because otherwise you can get very confused in my opinion. 4-6 tables are still comfortable, but above that the game is tricky.

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
open four tables and ask myself if I'm comfortable playing? if so, add one more, and so on until there is a ceiling, you will understand it)))

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, max 4 tables. Anyway for more than 2 tables it is already hard to make 100% good decisions based on the style of play of other players without any poker tool

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
4 tables is enough for me if I want to play serious, and need to stay focused all the time.
Tonight I will probably play 6 tables at the same time, but half of them are freerolls and I will not stay as focused, probably only play premium hands without follow the table action. But normally it's early exits from the freerolls so I can start focus again. :unsure:

psycodelic1

psycodelic1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That depends if you re playing for example 2 big tourneys or just 1 is better to focus on the players on youre table if you start increasing the tables would be a miss trust me😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

KANNE 1972

KANNE 1972

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
4 tables are the optimal number for me.