What notes do you make during a tournament?

masterminsk

masterminsk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every day make notes, mostly for people who play not so tight. or when they call all in with A2 - A9 or small pockets with 20+ bb.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I preffer more of "play" kinda notes like donks TPTK+dro or somthing of that sort. Generally speaking if you have someone who bets 3x with strong ~3%of hands and 2x with ~25% of hands you have a fish near you =) Most reg have standars 2.2-2.4 bb OR betting patternt to net get exploited easy.
In addition PstFlp notes are more importaint as people with bad OS ranges withing ~15bb blind stacks lose fast not to concider tham regs by any means.

T

tysfm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Showdowns... who, what, when, where, for how much, bets beforehand... though honestly after a good shove or three, my main network (Chico) moves you to another table.

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
i am interested to highlight the tournaments which opps participated as well as me (i.e. tournament name, date held), and final table arrival. Depending on play session duration and results (how often i will meet the final table attendees) i do some revision of my previous notes.

sinergia

sinergia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I notes who often bluffs and play agressive

Reborn_Jobi

Reborn_Jobi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always look after make notes about where position, size bet, busted bluffs all information i get is important.

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
interesting theme !!

A few days ago I talked to a friend about this topic of taking notes, and it is absolutely beneficial, I took the habit for a long time and it has given me results. Whenever I enter a tournament with the mode where I play regularly, I get with players who have my notes and I know how is their game.
How do I make the notes? information on how they played a certain significant hand, resurrected pre flop and continued betting. all that information is good!!

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my case I do not take information from my opponents since I change a lot of table, I do when I am in the 27 players of some tournament, I analyze tables and plays of all players, so I can know a little more when I change when you reach the bubble

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my case I do not take information from my opponents since I change a lot of table, I do when I am in the 27 players of some tournament, I analyze tables and plays of all players, so I can know a little more when I change when you reach the bubble

It's a good one too.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Only note slowplayers, all others are easy to outplay xD

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I identify the better players, usually. Or flag a big mouth...

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Information is interesting, but not practical, because in practice it is not so. It does not want to do notes, everything in my head

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'll make notes of anyone who stands out. If a player acts like a normal poker player i won't make a note. If he tries to bluff me i'll make a note so i know for next time.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ff

I make notes about strong players and weak and sometimes bluff players.

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in each individual tournament I play differently, and I'm sure that everything is written like a fish, and it inspires me when luck holds two aces for me.
although I remain a fish and with two aces

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
recreational player
weak player
good player

R

rjbregib

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good points in your post. I usually post more specific observations such as are they aggressive, constant raiser, easy to read bluff a lot etc. that way as i go through tournaments if I see my notes associated with a player I at least have some incite I like your approach from a more technical perspective.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually do not make notes in the early stages of the tournament

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice post and interesting to view like the other players see and feel out game. I like color notes too.

JohnnyC4ge

JohnnyC4ge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello ! I would advice you to try to catch players that pay rather easily (shoves preflo and draws), then you are aware about 2 things :
- player you cannot/shouldn't bluff ;
- player against you can get an easy great value with your strong hands

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During the tournament, we can modify the table a few times, and each time, when you get a whole new set of opponents.
When you play against the same opponents in your regular poker game, you have to make some remarks. In addition, there is a possibility of almost any poker site, and even more in your Tracker program. This makes the game easier.

Last edited:
Boltun

Boltun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In addition, there is a possibility of almost any poker site, and even more in your Tracker program. This makes the game easier. this will serve us in case When we change tables and we see these players at other tables, we would no longer be in expectation of how we should act before these players to whom we have put a note, to know their type of game.