What is the most effective way to learn at MTT?

roystone

roystone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play often and don't analyse with a small sample size.
But you also have to be very honest with yourself and not review your play with rose tinted glasses. If you make mistakes, take ownership and adjust. If you made a good move and it didn't work out well don't always presume that you need to change everything about your play.
OH, and learn maths. Being able to quickly and accurately calculate where you likely are in the pot is vital. If it takes too long each time to calculate, it will get very tiring over the course of a tournament.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the most efficient and quickest way to learn to play poker is to watch strategic videos and get inspired for your game. You also have to play several hundred hands a day to acquire enough. experience and all the automatisms you will need to increase your level of play. I advise all members who wish to reach a good level to play in the Cards Chat league. it is a very good way to progress. the game level is much harder because we can meet and play against more members who are much more difficult to beat on this event. I hope these advices will be useful to you and I wish you good luck for your next games.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play, play, play and more play and learn from mistakes

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that the most effective way to learn is practice. Play play and play again.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You need to fix your training with practice, a game theory. Disassemble your distributions on solvers to make the right decisions.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Read, Watch and Practice

I agree with most of what's been said in this thread. Here's my spin.

First of all, read. Know the game. Learn the statistics and the strategies. Not necessarily because you are going to use all the strategies you read about, but because other players read and will use them and you can capitalize on that. For instance, most books I've read say to never, ever, let yourself blind out. It seems like a macho thing to the writers, insinuating that you're a wimp if you allow yourself to blind out. Kind of like better to go out with a bang than a whimper. I disagree because it depends on the circumstances.

Last night I was advancing admirably to the final table of ignition's $2,500 freeroll.

This game is open to Ignition's chrome members. It took me a year and a half to become a chrome member while playing nothing but their micro SnGs. I've consistently placed in the coin in this weekly tournament, and I have no doubt I'll eventually make it to their final table and may even win the tournament some day. Not bad to consistently place in the coin in tournaments with almost 3,000 starters.

After making it to the coin last night, my pocket kings got cracked by an ace on the river. He called my all-in after the flop with nothing but ace high. If I had won that pot, I would have been chip leader in the tournament and would have almost been guaranteed to make it to the final table. As it was, my stack became critical. According to most books, a player should become all-out aggressive with whatever cards they hold, even 72, and accept the $.75 payout should they lose. Instead, I entered slow mode, allowing the timer a little extra time before folding. Not enough to become a major nuisance, but enough for the payouts to advance. I went all in with AJ on what would have been my last blind and won the pot, buying a little more time and a few more rounds of play. I finally finished #80 with $5.75. I'd much rather finish the tourney with $5.75, rather than $.75.

Second, watch videos. YouTube has a ton of them. CardsChat has an excellent PDF and video on how to think and play like a pro and improve your game. Utilize them.

Third, practice. Join a site like intertops that not only has the weekly CardsChat freerolls, as well as other affiliate freerolls, but also has daily freerolls of their own. Play them all and build winning strategies that work for you. My winning strategy consists of simple charts I've made up and use while playing. They work better for me rather than utilizing odds calculators. And they help keep me grounded. I'm working on a manuscript to hopefully publish a book someday that describes my charts and winning strategies that work for me. Find what works for you. Maybe, I'll be starting a blog soon. I'll let you know.

Until then, keep at it and may the Poker Gods favor your play.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To learn poker first you need to practice and study and put in practice what you study. More you play more "lucky" you get.

Bleeis

Bleeis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn from others, look at the regulars or streamers of your stake, analyze and copy their moves thinking why they do it

Pufik

Pufik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most effective way is find a coach but not everyone have money for this way, so you must find some more cheap ways, like a yt videos, twitch, right articles and experience of course, and trying using what you learned

dunc1189

dunc1189

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with a lot of what others have said here - study (yt vids, books etc) and then put it to practice with a lot of game time. Would also really recommend some software that allows you to watch your hands back to learn from spots that didn't work out too well.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a cash player, and I don't play tournaments very well. And for me, a great opportunity to learn how to play tournaments is the Cardschat freerolls. And of course the study of theory or video.

Sinqui3526

Sinqui3526

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case I think that the most effective way is to first play tournaments according to your bank.
If you have a bank of 10 dollars do not intend to play tournaments of 1, 2 or 5 dollars. I think you should start playing tournaments of 0.10 cents and when you manage that level you start to rise.
Also as I always say you have to read a lot and watch many videos to continue learning.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most players turn to coaches only when they start to lose and lose confidence. It’s actually much more important to understand your current level when you win
The most effective way to learn MTT is to not work on the game at all. On average, players spend 10-15 hours a week in Pio (which, in fact, is only enough to study the flops), but instead they can simply play with small bets and, as a result, lose much less than $ EV compared to the time spent on training.Add to this that more than 50% of tournaments are held in PSKO format, that is, both preflop (ranges) and flop (strategy) there will be completely different. Due to ICM, the strategy will also change, therefore Pio can be ignored altogether.Moreover, once you learn the flops, you will realize how complex they are. Often you will not have a clear answer, and this will lead to excitement and uncertainty. You will find yourself in unfamiliar spots, but it will seem to you that you should know them, and this demotivates.Exit in training. The strongest players from your limits who play better than you should train and analyze your game. It may seem that paying them a lot of money is not very profitable, but if thanks to them you save at least 5% in the distance of 5,000+ tournaments, it will be very cheap!

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips

The most effective way to learn at MTT is to read some books at first to know the different strategies out there ex: small ball, long ball...
knowing to adjust your play depending on the stages of the tournament ex: early, middle, late stage, on the bubble too cause there's some time where you have to fold AKs and JJ
knowing ICM for "Independent Chip Model" will helps to take some decisions
In my opinion you have to stick to a variant of MTT until you feel confortable with, for example the Turbo or Hyper MTT you'll play them differently from Freezeout standard structure.
Also avoiding freerolls cause i think that there's no rules for these, you can't put players on ranges or trying to figure out what they're doing, cause it's free and i think you already know what i'm talking about.
later on you do some hands review and analyse your play
post some hands to discuss here at cardschat forum
see some videos of pros players ...etc
After doing all that and practicing a lot on the tables i think you'll take your play to the next level.
GL

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to learn is study and experience.
You need to be playing mtts whilst studying and trying to implement the techniques/strategy’s taught.
Review your own hands and make sure you break them down thoroughly.
Looking at every single aspect that you can break the hand down and look for even the slightest adjustments you couple make to improve your game.

xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is a pretty simple game, don't waste your time reading or asking other people. takes patience and playing hands that win.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best way to learn is to watch the pros or the best players at your table during the tournament.
I think outside of competition you have to read a lot of poker forums, watch poker broadcasts. I think we can learn from them.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

I think that the most effective way to teach any tournament poker is practice and a huge number of hands played. No books can replace personal practice.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the best way is to improve your game constantly-work on the game! and psychology-tournaments dispersion game and the result can be very long to wait!

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most players turn to coaches only when they start to lose and lose confidence. It’s actually much more important to understand your current level when you win

My 10-Part MTT Video Guide is a pretty solid place to start

It covers

2) Early stage play (getting reads)
3) Mid stage play (chip accumulation)
4) Late stage play (closing mode)
5) Playing the final table
6) How to grind a short stack
7) How to work a big stack
8) Playing satellite tournaments
9) Playing big field tournaments
10) Playing LIVE tournaments, ie. wsop ME

And you can pick it up for free on my website.

There's also this playlist which has some very key concepts as well that build on the MTT Guide - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrNnyWekagPbegY51h0xW4tHOFKKn_DU

Hope you find the videos useful and that they help you find success in Tournament Poker!

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even the world's best poker players lose money in some sessions. Do not make the mistake of expect to win every time you play. Your goal should be to play as best you can in every session. If you do, the letters and the benefits iran improving while your also improvements.

Many players make the mistake of judging his skill as a poker players according to the results of each session. Your goal should be to always make the best move possible. The more you approach this, the better your results.

And dont just keep reading or learning theory. I find a lot keep on thinking and overlearning and all the concepts just get ****ed up because they are not put to test enough, not properly, always searching for the next big blog or next big coach.

Sometimes or most times you have to explore it yourself.

O

osvimanCC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best way to learn this, and everything else in life is to study what other successful people have done to get where you want to get and apply their technics and see what is useful and what is not.

You should apply the 70-20-10 learning model:
Learn from other experience (study) 10%
Learn from discussion with other (CC forum) 20%
Learn from experience (play) 70%.

%D0%A8%D0%B0%D0%BF%D0%BA%D0%B02.png