What do you do to improve your game?

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember the last mistake I made, and will constantly think about it the next time I play telling myself that I must not repeat that same error irrespective of what happens.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I used to talk to my friends about how I played or about certain plays and they gave me their opinion and advice, I tried to follow their advice, before (years ago) I did not like to admit that I was wrong and much less I liked to analyze in what I failed, but over time I learned that if I wanted to improve I had to analyze my game, trying to: better analyze the other players, improve my patience and ask for some advice if necessary

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to observe the mistakes of others in order to induce mistakes and obtain advantages ... I am an observer looking for situations that are a little uncomfortable but ahead, as in books. I risk it when I'm tight I wait when I'm comfortable. Tnks só shove

I read books , watch my worst and best sessions . In the worst sessions, I correct mistakes and determine the tilt, and in the best sessions, I remember good jokes and take them into service .

DIMARIK

DIMARIK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To improve my game, I watch broadcasts on Twitch. :cool:
I have subscribed to more than 30 well-known poker streamers, I think I am not the only one, no one can learn from books in our time.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I study with groups of folks 2-3 nights a week from. 2-5 hours per session. Utilizing tools like ICMizer, PIOsolver, simple 3 way gto, preflop academy, and others. We analyze theory, we analyze marked hands, and entire hand histories. I also have a coach I study with 4 times a month.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of all players have similar skills, except luck & dare.

To distinguish bluff need both of them.:)

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes we all learn from our mistakes, we analyze our games and other players' too. But we often lie when we say ''I don't played my best game''. I see people often complain about I'm not in form, it's not my best etc. Certainly there's a good day and a bad day. You might be lucky in one of them in specific hands where you crush table, take all those pots. But it doesn't mean you're playing your best game, you're just running good. Other day when things do not go as planned then we lose, we make all those hero calls and fail, our bluffs get caught or when we can't take expected money from our monster hands in certain spots then we say I played bad. The thing is usually when we win pot we often don't care about the opponent himself and neither we see her losing hands. So we don't even mind about it but pass it thinking we're genius.

Last edited:
nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to observe the mistakes of others in order to induce mistakes and obtain advantages ... I am an observer looking for situations that are a little uncomfortable but ahead, as in books. I risk it when I'm tight I wait when I'm comfortable. Tnks só shove
AK is played more accurately. Remember that this hand is not made and needs to be strengthened, it is not a favorite when compared to any pocket hand, and against other unpaired cards there is a 66% chance of winning. What can we say about the hands of AQ or AJ - it is easier to lose pots with them than to win.Make notes on other players. Information is one of the strongest weapons at the poker table. Knowing the game of your opponents will help you make the right decision in the hands. All that you managed to notice - their characteristic actions, distributions with their participation - you need to mark all this yourself or use a program to collect statistics such as PokerTracker, as well as information from special sites.

D

dnadeau1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play lots of hands so i gain experience in certain situations for later tables.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When going to a new tournament or style of game I ALWAYS watch some of it just to get the gist of the game. I know what kind of games I like and if it doesn't suit my style I walk away and go looking for more of my style of game. this doesn't REALLY answer your question but it's inline with your thoughts...

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Rather to observe mistakes of others i prefer to see my own mistakes. Its a good thing to review your last session marked hands ( if you dont do that start doing it) before starting a new session. I also search for some quizzes/articles about things that i have doubt while playing and take a look on some charts.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Learn what leaks there are in your style of play. All our games have plenty.
Then fix the leaks, and your game results will improve.

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play of play

I believe in not-so-good cards.

N

Negan92222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Close my eyes and call Instead

emejota23

emejota23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the truth, I try to read more, to watch videos, information, study, and courses through our community, courses, and others, to improve more and more every day. :D

HarzZocker1988

HarzZocker1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I analyze my game...

I try to find where and when I make mistakes and try to eliminate them in the future.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think for my analysis of my game that I am a player above the level, but bad bet it hurts

hsimonyan

hsimonyan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play every day, train, analyze my game, and not go on tilt, this often happens after losing with a strong hand:confused:

Logg

Logg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's a list of the best ways I improve your game:

Limp call more raises out of position!
Donk the flop!
play more suited gappers!
All-in with 2-3 off everytime no matter what!

(This 'information' is for entertainment purposes only)

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I learn from my mistakes, I'm very observant, whenever possible, I watch lives of poker instructors and I also follow some poker tournaments

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch the mistakes of my opponents, I keep notes of every mistake they play

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch poker pros play to see how they play certain hands. I also just observe the play of other players when I am playing. I try to learn from the mistakes of others.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to improve my game what I do first is to study a lot, then watch poker videos at the level I am, always learning from the best, finally it is best to look for a poker coach to guide you on various points, that way your game will improve a lot, good luck to everyone.

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play all hands

know the cards that the game pays the most and bet on them

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

I work with hand ranges. This is the most useful and effective activity.

Top 10 Games