What do you do to improve your game?

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to observe the mistakes of others in order to induce mistakes and obtain advantages ... I am an observer looking for situations that are a little uncomfortable but ahead, as in books. I risk it when I'm tight I wait when I'm comfortable. Tnks só shove

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you doto improve your game?

I analyze my game and the game of my opponents in specialized programs, I watch open training sessions of other players.

A

Alexio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to concentrate more and not to lose my temper (it is difficult to me sometimes, but I do it) and my skills are improving each time I play.:)

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And the most characteristic thing is that you will always look for the mistakes of your opponents to achieve a result.And the most annoying thing is that you will make mistakes yourself.This is a game and you will not find a perfect field.You won't be full all the time-and why would a hunter do that?Hunger is the urge to win!Learn and learn always and your game will be a level higher!

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
analyse every hand and try to play different lose, tight etc.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My game mainly depends on my mood.When I go far into tournaments, I immediately remember my old mistakes at this stage and at this moment I focus and take my luck into my own hands,because then everything depends not on me, but on luck

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My way of improving is through constant practice and what I can see in great players. Practice makes a master

Vitorbismark

Vitorbismark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, as I already lost a lot of bankrolls nowadays, I'm only playing freerolls. As they do not happen all the time, I watch games from the main youtuber in brazil and I try to learn from them. I think today is the best way to learn.

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
I analyze my game, I try to find where and when I make mistakes and try to eliminate them in the future. Human learn by his mistakes :)

L

Living__M

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at statistics of good sessions
Also try to review key hands where I have put much money in.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been studying quite a bit lately. I am an avid twitch watcher and listen to the hand analysis by the top players. The streamers are professionals that offer great insight and often will explain why and what they are doing in particular hands.

Hand history reviews.

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try out different tactics during tournaments. Sometimes playing certain hands and other times not. Sometimes aggressive, other times not. I'm not sure what the best tactic is yet.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The parsing of the hands of the top regs of your limit helps

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not use any programs for training and analysis. I don't think I need it. I'm not going to be a pro or hit poker seriously. Of course, I do the analysis during the game, my actions and other players.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before starting a game I set the target, so in a satellite I need to win the ticket, in a KO game I need to eliminate the opponents. Then I note my performance.
When I loose a game or a significant hand ( also if I win ) I try to analyze and explain why it happened and what can be done to improve/avoid it in the future.
During analysis I do not use the terms like tilt or bad beat, but I assume that I have made a mistake. This is because the words 'bad beat' suggest that there is nothing to improve.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't do much , I am very satisfied with my current level because I am a recreational. I read and watch free content of training sites and forums and I read/post hand analysis here in the forum.
If I want to play more seriously I do know that I need to study more and maybe grab some online tools for assistance.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In short, I understand you, then you make notes on each player and build your game on this basis. Everything is correct. I conduct my game in the same way.

C

cloynd1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I learn from my mistakes, analyze them and draw the appropriate conclusions, look at the analysis of tournaments of other players on YouTube, help to make the right decisions in difficult situations. And of course, forum communication)

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shhhh don't tell anyone.

On all my big tourney's I get plenty of rest, make sure I have a cup of coffee, and I watch all players in how they play their game.

Now the only way you really win is with, a great winning WAY early, sometimes that "jolt" can come mid game too. If you get a BOOST hang on and see if you can make to the final table.

All the best!

Thank you for listening.... :cool:

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess the best situation to improve is to hire a trainer and work with GTO but I'd not tried to get the trainer to train me but I wish to)

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to observe the mistakes of others in order to induce mistakes and obtain advantages ... I am an observer looking for situations that are a little uncomfortable but ahead, as in books. I risk it when I'm tight I wait when I'm comfortable. Tnks só shove
Parsing sessions This is a key moment in your development as a self-taught player, and after all, who are you going to learn if you read all the books? Before making any decision at the poker table, ask yourself, “What do I want to achieve by doing this?” Here are a few questions that you should regularly ask yourself while playing at the poker table: What is my goal with this bet? What kind of reaction from my opponents do I want to see in response to my bet? What will my opponent think about my bet? What is your opponent's approximate range if he calls / raises?In this context, the word "bet" refers to any line of play, be it a check / raise / call or something else. Each poker situation taken separately is unique and should be evaluated in terms of the information that you have received up to now. Take time to think about each step and you will be able to make the best possible decisions in each situation and, accordingly, win more money over the long distance.But, if you do not think about your game, you will continue to make the same mistakes during the game day after day, and your game itself will remain at the same level without improvement. How are you going to work to improve your game if you don't know if you played your hand correctly or not in each case, if you don't analyze each decision?

A

Aguna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch other players play, try to learn everything and, of course, practice in the game.

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tell myself patience all of the time and then *sigh*

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good day!
I watch the game of professionals on the streams and note some points for myself, I also try to closely monitor the situation at the tables in order to understand who is playing weak and who is not.
Of course, it would be cool to improve your game with all kinds of solvers, but unfortunately there is no time for that.

Top 10 Games