What to do to stay focused ?

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you know that during a game everything can be played on a single shot, it's better to be in shape! The first tip seems the most obvious but you should not neglect it: do not play if you are tired.The first thing: sleep, sleep and sleep again.

The hygiene of life plays a decisive role. If you have a varied diet and a good physical condition, you have every chance to continue in a tournament. Do not neglect the famous vitamin C, which is the number one ally of poker players. It has various strengths, such as, among others, that of promoting the synthesis of neuro-mediators and hormones of awakening. It is thus more clearly measured for its usefulness in a long game. it helps to reduce the effect of fatigue and sleepiness and allow you to be more alert over a certain period of time. A player who prepares himself physically will therefore have a better chance of staying focused and effective at key moments in the game. part, unlike another who has neglected this aspect and who will lose his lucidity as and when.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what to do

i have exactly the same promblem....so i can give you no advice...
i am just going to read all the posts from others whom replay
i am looking forword for others players potitions

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Improving your focus is more of a personal motivation challenge than anything, but I would suggest if it's a big problem for you that you might want to switch off of big MTTs for a while. Try cash games, STTs, even the odd turbo MTT if you have the bankroll for it. Maybe you'll like it more, or maybe you won't and it'll motivate you to focus harder on the long MTTs.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Improving your focus is more of a personal motivation challenge than anything, but I would suggest if it's a big problem for you that you might want to switch off of big MTTs for a while. Try cash games, STTs, even the odd turbo MTT if you have the bankroll for it. Maybe you'll like it more, or maybe you won't and it'll motivate you to focus harder on the long MTTs.

I will test shorter tournaments and then return to playing long-running tournaments

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are struggling after losing big pots or later in tournaments bc of concentration drops then I would def suggest getting up and moving around more during the tournament. I know this can be complicated when playing more than 1 tournament at a time, but I have always found it helpful to get up and move around during breaks. Also if after you lose a pot late, you tend to tilt trying to get it back, it may be best to just get up and walk away from the PC after you take a bad beat or lose a big all in. Missing a few hands will hurt you less than punting your whole stack.

C

Cory55

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to do some exercise, even a quick run just to get rid of some energy,I seem to play and concentrate better after I've used up some of my un-used energy if that makes sense.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
First of all you must like and enjoy playing poker! Then you must have some rest before the game, if it is possible. During the game you must take advantage of the brakes, by getting up and go out for fresh air, or just walk away for a while. During the game, sit as comfortable as you can and have a nice game!

A

Atrevino247

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do during the break in the tournament? You need to stand up from the table, give the brain a little rest. You can do physical exercise.
I agree also stay hydrated... lack of hydration will cause you to lose focus more easily

S

Sublimenal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same issue

What do I do to stay focused on very long tournaments lately I've lost concentration in tournaments when it's been more than 4hs and I've lost a lot of chips even flying from the tournaments
Tips and hints? To improve attention all the time?
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

When I gain a nice chip stack and begin to get bored or feel tilt coming on, I sit out for awhile and do something else. I'm usually refreshed when I return.

Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im also bad at focusing when playing long tournaments and thats why i usually don't make it to FT. Lose concentration on the game. Good to hear what peoples do while on breaks, might even try some tips out.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I gain a nice chip stack and begin to get bored or feel tilt coming on, I sit out for awhile and do something else. I'm usually refreshed when I return.
I will put into practice how I am putting them all into practice and my game in long tournaments has greatly improved my focus and my attention

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take notes on your opponents.
I mean with actual pen and paper!

Once you try to keep notes on plays your opponents make you will have no time left for distractions of the mind.

And as a side effect you will have a better chance to get a read on your opponents when you have a decent history of their betting patterns at sight.

You will also sooner notice when your focus gets lost. Then try some of the other tips from this thread to refocus yourself before it has cost you a lot of chips.

And as a last retreat: Pin a big „Don’t donk your stack away !“ sign to the top of your Monitor.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Things that may help:
exercise
stay hydrated
stay fed
get plenty of rest
do something physical during the breaks ie pushups, jumping jacks, walk around etc

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
We all have this problem after a few hours of play. In the pause I get up and walk, drink liquids, and a strong coffee does not hurt.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unknown case

When one always tries to look for the case which has no cases that I encountered yet, concentration isn't lost.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems the best advice is just to sleep well before the tournament. How to play the final table in the tournament with an average Bain $ 7.50. Threw a penalty and only then realized it. It was a pity. Even register at the last minute late check-in to play in this tournament had yet approximately eight hours prior to the event and would like a little sleep.