Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What do I do to stay focused on very long tournaments lately I've lost concentration in tournaments when it's been more than 4hs and I've lost a lot of chips even flying from the tournaments
Tips and hints? To improve attention all the time?
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
What do you do during the break in the tournament? You need to stand up from the table, give the brain a little rest. You can do physical exercise.

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very true they can be long and your mind tends to wander

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always got outside, even if it meant missing a hand or two. took a quick walk.

dont drink milk products. drink oj, and coffee etc.

dont play during hours you usually sleep!

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Discipline helps. And by that I mean you're always mindful of your hand range, position, pot odds, etc. and you stick to your game plan. This way, you're actively playing each hand and you'll be less likely to get bored or do something silly. Also, I put on some music (not too loud) that helps me concentrate. It could be anything from classical to heavy metal, depending on my mood.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just love the game and your attention will always be razor sharp.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To improve myself concentration during a tournament, I eat. A lot of eat. Pretty much eat. Then I will out out of the tournament.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
You know that you're going to play 4-5 hours, sleep well before the game, eat, use every break (on break I smoke cigarettes... - I'm not recommended that :D )

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always record my goals on paper, even if they are short-term goals. This allows me to keep focus on the priorities. In addition, I usually listen to relaxing music, it also helps me keep concentration.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do I do to stay focused on very long tournaments lately I've lost concentration in tournaments when it's been more than 4hs and I've lost a lot of chips even flying from the tournaments

It's all about preparation. If you know you're in for a long session Get plenty of sleep, eat right, mentally prepare, do exercises mental and physical during your break, focus only on the game and not multiple other things.

Practice practice practice you have to work on your mental game because if you're wearing down after only 4 hours something else is going on. Many days I have to play for over 12 hrs and maintain good focus.

cris1964

cris1964

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that everyone must individually experience what is good for him and stick to it always though sometimes it is difficult

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Meditation.Hone your mind so that he can endure all strenuous hours of playing.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For long tournaments you need good physical training. And I can only advise you to relax during the break. Or play tournaments with a different structure.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are doing quite well if you are able to maintain concentration for 4 hours. And what if patience disappears after 10 hands, especially if the hands are real rubbish and at the table sits a terry loser who wants to punish so much.

:confused::confused::confused:

S

StatusOmega525

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This. Absolutely This *at least for me*

Not to say that a lot of the other replies aren't valid, because they certainly are. Physical condition, mental condition, personal style.. they all do have a bearing on the game, I think. Rest well, eat well, do what you need to do to keep your focus based on how you are.

For me personally, however, this one sums it up the best. If you love the game, you'll always have something solid to anchor you to the tables.

Good luck at the tables.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
train your attention when you are not playing poker.
watch how people, cars, birds behave...
distract your brain, straining in another sphere...
then poker will be like a rest))
:top:

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

Go out and have a long break smoking a cigar to the end. I think the choice of brands are important. A good poker one is the Blue Cohiba. Your kind of blue cause the cards went bad. Another good one is the Devils Due Olivia Hellion. Just gaining your power for a come back. It helps your really due.

eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Patience is an important part of the best poker players' arsenals. So I'd say work on ways to gain more of that... I'm not sure but meditation techniques might help.

I used to have this problem too but I started telling myself always before tournaments that the true game is when you're ITM or at that Final table. And thus getting there will require a solid game yes... but definitely patience too when you've lost a few hands or the cards just aren't hitting.... You may be inclined to bluff more which is OK here and in some circles recommended. But patience helps in factoring all things before making that bluff and increasing your odds.

So that would be my tip mate... There is no magic formula. Having true patience to go to any end must be your goal ;)

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

What do you do during the break in the tournament? You need to stand up from the table, give the brain a little rest. You can do physical exercise.

very true they can be long and your mind tends to wander

I always got outside, even if it meant missing a hand or two. took a quick walk.

dont drink milk products. drink oj, and coffee etc.

dont play during hours you usually sleep!

Discipline helps. And by that I mean you're always mindful of your hand range, position, pot odds, etc. and you stick to your game plan. This way, you're actively playing each hand and you'll be less likely to get bored or do something silly. Also, I put on some music (not too loud) that helps me concentrate. It could be anything from classical to heavy metal, depending on my mood.

To improve myself concentration during a tournament, I eat. A lot of eat. Pretty much eat. Then I will out out of the tournament.

You know that you're going to play 4-5 hours, sleep well before the game, eat, use every break (on break I smoke cigarettes... - I'm not recommended that :D )

I always record my goals on paper, even if they are short-term goals. This allows me to keep focus on the priorities. In addition, I usually listen to relaxing music, it also helps me keep concentration.

It's all about preparation. If you know you're in for a long session Get plenty of sleep, eat right, mentally prepare, do exercises mental and physical during your break, focus only on the game and not multiple other things.

Practice practice practice you have to work on your mental game because if you're wearing down after only 4 hours something else is going on. Many days I have to play for over 12 hrs and maintain good focus.

I think that everyone must individually experience what is good for him and stick to it always though sometimes it is difficult

Meditation.Hone your mind so that he can endure all strenuous hours of playing.

For long tournaments you need good physical training. And I can only advise you to relax during the break. Or play tournaments with a different structure.

You are doing quite well if you are able to maintain concentration for 4 hours. And what if patience disappears after 10 hands, especially if the hands are real rubbish and at the table sits a terry loser who wants to punish so much.

:confused::confused::confused:

This. Absolutely This *at least for me*

Not to say that a lot of the other replies aren't valid, because they certainly are. Physical condition, mental condition, personal style.. they all do have a bearing on the game, I think. Rest well, eat well, do what you need to do to keep your focus based on how you are.

For me personally, however, this one sums it up the best. If you love the game, you'll always have something solid to anchor you to the tables.

Good luck at the tables.

relax for a while from poker

train your attention when you are not playing poker.
watch how people, cars, birds behave...
distract your brain, straining in another sphere...
then poker will be like a rest))
:top:

Go out and have a long break smoking a cigar to the end. I think the choice of brands are important. A good poker one is the Blue Cohiba. Your kind of blue cause the cards went bad. Another good one is the Devils Due Olivia Hellion. Just gaining your power for a come back. It helps your really due.

Patience is an important part of the best poker players' arsenals. So I'd say work on ways to gain more of that... I'm not sure but meditation techniques might help.

I used to have this problem too but I started telling myself always before tournaments that the true game is when you're ITM or at that Final table. And thus getting there will require a solid game yes... but definitely patience too when you've lost a few hands or the cards just aren't hitting.... You may be inclined to bluff more which is OK here and in some circles recommended. But patience helps in factoring all things before making that bluff and increasing your odds.

So that would be my tip mate... There is no magic formula. Having true patience to go to any end must be your goal ;)
Thank you all very good tips so far
I will put everything into practice and hope to improve my performance in long-running tournaments
Still waiting for more good tips

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beer and favorite music can help a lot, but the main thing is not out-drink beer. Tested on Sunday Storm
Some sort of well-known film you. I usually look at the computer monitor and listen to a TV, it also helps me.

drubas

drubas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is just a mind game and to improve your skills in that you should do things like reading. At least for me I think it helped a lot. A few years ago I wasn´t calm enough to focus on a thing for many hours but reading enabled me to calm down and to focus just on one thing at a time.

Greets and all the best for your game!

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Beer and favorite music can help a lot, but the main thing is not out-drink beer. Tested on Sunday Storm
Some sort of well-known film you. I usually look at the computer monitor and listen to a TV, it also helps me.
It's because if you drink beer you leave drunk, already played drinking made me very brave but there is a moment in the game that needs caution in this very disturbedThanks for the tip, you're helping me yesterday and I've made a final table of a long-running tournament

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it is just a mind game and to improve your skills in that you should do things like reading. At least for me I think it helped a lot. A few years ago I wasn´t calm enough to focus on a thing for many hours but reading enabled me to calm down and to focus just on one thing at a time.

Greets and all the best for your game!

I'll start taking readings to see if it helps even more in my concentration.

Thanks for the tip, you're helping me yesterday and I've made a final table of a long-running tournament

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thank you all

I wanted to thank everyone who posted tips on this topic, yesterday with the help of you already gave result in a long duration tournament I made a final table did not give to take the title more comes out in 2nd place