Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
how would you know on bovada? AFAIK they always used random numbers to represent players.

Wrong. bodog changed to become Bovada. And previously Bodog/Bovada was just like any other site. The anonymous b.s. came much later. You can search the CC forum & you'll be able to see exactly when it happened as there was a fair bit of discussion around it... with most not liking the change.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
On Full Tilt 10 or 12 years ago the pros would sit at the tables quite frequently. I was uncomfortable playing with the owners and employees there. "On September 20, 2011, the DOJ accused certain Full Tilt principals of defrauding poker players out of more than $300 million.".

I don't recall seeing employees on the tables at Fulltilt.
I actually really enjoyed playing on the tables with the pros. You could watch poker on tv back in 2008 and then later that same day you could find yourself on the table with one or more of the players you'd just seen on TV. Some would also partake in some chat on the tables & would also chat with observers. (chat feature was much more popular back then).

vagrantjunki3

vagrantjunki3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wrong. Bodog changed to become Bovada. And previously Bodog/Bovada was just like any other site. The anonymous b.s. came much later. You can search the CC forum & you'll be able to see exactly when it happened as there was a fair bit of discussion around it... with most not liking the change.

Ah yeah, you are correct. I was on FT primarily and a bit of PS then took a break after black Friday before I joined Bodog.

I think I played with a couple pros or at least well known online players on FT but I cant recall any specific instances. But since I was just getting started I remember it being a big intimidation factor.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I both never for online or live.

W

wampole

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bodog used to have the $100K weekly tournament. Always a nice overlay with quite a few pros on the tables.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
So far not and that is good so. I only want them on my table, when there is a bounty on them. :D

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I once had a partypoker team pro sitting on my left in some tournament (his nick is Itspayday or something like that), not that long ago played against Russian high stakes MTT reg, I dunno what he was doing at my limits lol

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think some people lose their minds when there's a pro at their table. They think they are destined to lose and this sets them up for playing scared passive Poker. Pros get dealt cards the same as the rest of us. Forget their success and focus on yours.

R

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, many times. If you're talking about someone at PS from team poker stars, then i don't think that Canadian player Jeff Gross is a poker pro or Celina Lin is a poker pro. Jeff has online ROI close to 0, Celina has negative ROI, Ronaldo(ex-soccer player from Brasil) or the current Ronaldo - plus many many other so called "poker pros" are just well know players or people in their areas or countries. These people are "agents of influence" or "leaders" or "priests" whatever you call them, but they are well paid to be "poker pro" because their fans will start playing poker and pokersites simply share the profit with such "pros"I believe that poker pro is someone with ROI above 15% in MTTs over the long run. If an average monthly salary in country where "pro" lives is let's say $2K and "pro" earns 25K+ in a year, each year and plays only poker for living, without a job, then i can say that this person is a professional.
If you're using sharkscope HUD or simply check stats of players around you at the tables you'll be surprised to see how many actual PRO players are sitting around you at $11+ MTT tables, a minimum 1 at each table close to bubble time.

With the fear of sounding lame I would like to know what ROI means never heard the term

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I remember playing agains Chris Ferguson, at FT back in days when he was doing $10K challenge

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have never had the opportunity to play against a pro online sadly. I almost got to play against Eric Seidel at the wsop but sadly the dealer told him he was at the wrong table. :(

D

demios

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played on the same table as Boris Becker.