Well known Professional Poker Player sitting at your tournament table

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone every had the opportunity playing in an online poker tournament and having a well know professional poker player at their table?

And if so, Which pro player, and had you the opportunity of playing any hands against them?

Last edited:
P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never played against pro, but I can’t wait moment to play against one. I watched their streams and with my tight aggressive still I think that I could ménage to play pretty well

N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing poker for 6 years, until I'm done, I really would like to

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, many times. If you're talking about someone at PS from team poker stars, then i don't think that Canadian player Jeff Gross is a poker pro or Celina Lin is a poker pro. Jeff has online ROI close to 0, Celina has negative ROI, Ronaldo(ex-soccer player from brasil) or the current Ronaldo - plus many many other so called "poker pros" are just well know players or people in their areas or countries. These people are "agents of influence" or "leaders" or "priests" whatever you call them, but they are well paid to be "poker pro" because their fans will start playing poker and pokersites simply share the profit with such "pros"I believe that poker pro is someone with ROI above 15% in MTTs over the long run. If an average monthly salary in country where "pro" lives is let's say $2K and "pro" earns 25K+ in a year, each year and plays only poker for living, without a job, then i can say that this person is a professional.
If you're using sharkscope HUD or simply check stats of players around you at the tables you'll be surprised to see how many actual PRO players are sitting around you at $11+ MTT tables, a minimum 1 at each table close to bubble time.

K

kened2112

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has not happened to me, but I would like to be at a table with a professional should be great

Z

ZARGA123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, many times. If you're talking about someone at PS from team poker stars, then i don't think that Canadian player Jeff Gross is a poker pro or Celina Lin is a poker pro. Jeff has online ROI close to 0, Celina has negative ROI, Ronaldo(ex-soccer player from Brasil) or the current Ronaldo - plus many many other so called "poker pros" are just well know players or people in their areas or countries. These people are "agents of influence" or "leaders" or "priests" whatever you call them, but they are well paid to be "poker pro" because their fans will start playing poker and pokersites simply share the profit with such "pros"I believe that poker pro is someone with ROI above 15% in MTTs over the long run. If an average monthly salary in country where "pro" lives is let's say $2K and "pro" earns 25K+ in a year, each year and plays only poker for living, without a job, then i can say that this person is a professional.
If you're using sharkscope HUD or simply check stats of players around you at the tables you'll be surprised to see how many actual PRO players are sitting around you at $11+ MTT tables, a minimum 1 at each table close to bubble time.

Good statement here!

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have played at Jeff Gross and Fatima Morera de melo tables at pokerstars. I doubled up threw Fatima.

Mare10

Mare10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not see eny profesional player on my table but i will have more expirence to play :)

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Substitute celebrity, then, yes: James Woods, Ronny Cox (Deliverance), and Vince Van Patten.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
James Woods is an actor that has been around for quite a while. Check Wikipedia if you're curious and you'll get his BIO (or IMDB).

J

JB_Coralie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
most often a player that quite often makes the final table is a player to not take for granted wether they have good stats or not. stats are just a number an a chunk of players may not play for a living an have a stable income source in the form of good job or just a Famous role model that has money to play with, a player with money to splash out is a dangerous player if they can play well (AK isn't always a good hand if you miss an 7/deuce of hits on the river..)
definition of Poker Pro could be a player like lex who is a really good player with great states or a player that works for poker site and plays on the site where they work on. an do tend to be really good players to. You may of had a pro on your table an never knew.

wildyetty

wildyetty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I managed to Knock out It5PayDay (popular twitch stream, partpoker pro) in the $109 heavy weight with a ticket i won in our freeroll.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never played with poker professionals, but I would like to play with them at the table and try to win from them, it would be a great time for me!

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played in the qualifying tournament of Twitch with the Fintan "EaseWithAces" Hand and beat it. Ha.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes played with many pros over the years you can not play poker online at 100 dollar to 2000 buy in games and not run in too pro regularly.

D

DUSTIN BRYAN

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i played with josh beckley who got second in the main event one year in a sunday million tournament on americas card room

Melbell

Melbell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During the old doyles room days and the bounty games.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not yet played with such players ... at my limits they do not live, although I would very much like to play with them and see what I'm good for, but alas while my level is very far from such gry.es where to grow))

V

valanddon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have not had the chance to play against a pro player but I would play that person just like anybody else. That person knows all the
odds and percentages but if you play tight and play agressive with a good hand I am sure that person ( feeling that he or she is in the drivers seat ) will call and lose to a better hand.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did on bovada and full tilt back in the day when usa players could play but not recently

vagrantjunki3

vagrantjunki3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did on bovada and full tilt back in the day when usa players could play but not recently

how would you know on bovada? AFAIK they always used random numbers to represent players.

elflake

elflake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On Full Tilt 10 or 12 years ago the pros would sit at the tables quite frequently. I was uncomfortable playing with the owners and employees there. "On September 20, 2011, the DOJ accused certain Full Tilt principals of defrauding poker players out of more than $300 million.".

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Once I played a tournament and I do not remember what mode it was and at my table is Liv Boeree, I can only tell you to cheat and remove some chips, I have also played against talonchick - Adrienne Rowsome, very good player and difficult lol

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just remember poker 'pros' get dealt the same two cards as you and have the same tools as you: bet, raise, call or fold.