ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The only way I would ever make this call is if I had way more chips. You are not ahead, and you are probably losing here 9 out of 10.

I don't know if the math is right (9 out of ten), but its a bad spot to be in. It's an easy fold. You only have 1k chips in.

If you had like 30k+ in chips, maybe then. But still, it's foolish to just ship your chips elsewhere no matter how many you have.

Fold, fold fold fold fold fold.

Quite the opposite for me. If I have more chips I don't need this pot so I can't justify calling when I'm obv well behind most the time. Another misconception itt, I think, is that I'm deep. There's still just over 100 left and I'm sitting 15bbs. You are all right that this is a fold from a hand analysis point of view...but last time I had a physical exam they confirmed that I have balls soo I took the shot at being stuck with 10bbs.

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't need balls to call here. You just need to be wrong.
Looks like you were. Congrats.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You don't need balls to call here. You just need to be wrong.
Looks like you were. Congrats.

Little hostile. But yes, thank you for the new input. This is the wrong call. My responses are not meant to justify my play. Just a shot-take that I wanted to explain my thoughts other than 'I brain farted and just clicked a button'. A shot take that does take balls. Balls have nothing to do with brains. I'm aware of this, as you should be.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only way I would ever make this call is if I had way more chips. You are not ahead, and you are probably losing here 9 out of 10.

I don't know if the math is right (9 out of ten), but its a bad spot to be in. It's an easy fold. You only have 1k chips in.

If you had like 30k+ in chips, maybe then. But still, it's foolish to just ship your chips elsewhere no matter how many you have.

Fold, fold fold fold fold fold.

I have highlighted the section you highlighted in red. Then I highlighted something else in green. And the last words of my post should really be bolded, but for some reason I was unable to bold them.

I did say "fold" six times.

Quite the opposite for me. If I have more chips I don't need this pot so I can't justify calling when I'm obv well behind most the time. Another misconception itt, I think, is that I'm deep. There's still just over 100 left and I'm sitting 15bbs. You are all right that this is a fold from a hand analysis point of view...but last time I had a physical exam they confirmed that I have balls soo I took the shot at being stuck with 10bbs.

My idea was this: if you are going to make a call when you are obviously way behind, do it when you can afford to be wrong. You are a serious underdog here. If you had say 30,000 chips, you would still be left with over 20 BB's. Even then, it is not wise. If you were the dude a couple seats to your left, it's not really going to hurt him to call and lose.

Are you trying to say that making a call like this - with your stack - is a better play than doing it with 30+ BB's? It is a losing play regardless (in the long run), but at least with a healthy chip stack, you won't be crippled if you don't luckbox and hit a set (which is 2 outs, mind you).

I am glad it worked out for you. But in the thread, you clearly asked for input. I gave mine. My $0.02 is to fold this spot, every time. I just said (in other words) if you are going to gamble, do so when you can afford to lose.

And finally, poker is not about having "balls". If you want to profit over the long term, calls like these are -ev, period. You are going to lose more than you win making calls like these in the long run, it is a mathematical certainty.

And most importantly, I do not mean any disrespect. If anything I said seems rude, it is not meant to be that way. I just want to tell you this so it doesn't erupt into an argument or something.

Just my $0.02, as always.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have highlighted the section you highlighted in red. Then I highlighted something else in green. And the last words of my post should really be bolded, but for some reason I was unable to bold them.

I did say "fold" six times.

My idea was this: if you are going to make a call when you are obviously way behind, do it when you can afford to be wrong. You are a serious underdog here. If you had say 30,000 chips, you would still be left with over 20 BB's. Even then, it is not wise. If you were the dude a couple seats to your left, it's not really going to hurt him to call and lose.

Are you trying to say that making a call like this - with your stack - is a better play than doing it with 30+ BB's? It is a losing play regardless (in the long run), but at least with a healthy chip stack, you won't be crippled if you don't luckbox and hit a set (which is 2 outs, mind you).

I am glad it worked out for you. But in the thread, you clearly asked for input. I gave mine. My $0.02 is to fold this spot, every time. I just said (in other words) if you are going to gamble, do so when you can afford to lose.

And finally, poker is not about having "balls". If you want to profit over the long term, calls like these are -ev, period. You are going to lose more than you win making calls like these in the long run, it is a mathematical certainty.

And most importantly, I do not mean any disrespect. If anything I said seems rude, it is not meant to be that way. I just want to tell you this so it doesn't erupt into an argument or something.

Just my $0.02, as always.

I did ask for input. I also accepted, agreed, and appreciated it all. I also strongly agree that poker is not won with balls. This hand bares no reflection on my caliber of play as it's a 1:100,000 scenario.

The only thing I was pointing out in your post is that we have a difference of opinion on when it is right/wrong to try and take a good pot. I'm just not the player to hang out with 10-15bbs with 100+ ppl left and hope for a big hand to ship. And I'm not the player to try and suckout if I've already got a healthy stack.

I took nothing you said as hostile. It was advice. That's why we're here. Seems to me as tho something is trying to be hammered in my head that is already there tho. Well aware how far behind I should be here. This is a 10$ bi not a wsop event. If someone (not you) thinks calling 3 ai's between 4-6bbs is 'rheem-worthy' that's pretty amusing to me.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did ask for input. I also accepted, agreed, and appreciated it all. I also strongly agree that poker is not won with balls. This hand bares no reflection on my caliber of play as it's a 1:100,000 scenario.

The only thing I was pointing out in your post is that we have a difference of opinion on when it is right/wrong to try and take a good pot. I'm just not the player to hang out with 10-15bbs with 100+ ppl left and hope for a big hand to ship. And I'm not the player to try and suckout if I've already got a healthy stack.

I took nothing you said as hostile. It was advice. That's why we're here. Seems to me as tho something is trying to be hammered in my head that is already there tho. Well aware how far behind I should be here. This is a 10$ bi not a WSOP event. If someone (not you) thinks calling 3 ai's between 4-6bbs is 'rheem-worthy' that's pretty amusing to me.

Fair enough. I am always a little worried on these forums of arguments. However, this is a decent discussion.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't have to be the guy waiting around for a big hand. The point is that at the very least find a SPOT (note this isn't just hand-dependent) where you are +EV. Here, you are decidedly not.

And the argument of "I don't give a $@&%, it's a $10 BI" to justify a poor play seems sort of silly, considering you posted the hand for review.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You don't have to be the guy waiting around for a big hand. The point is that at the very least find a SPOT (note this isn't just hand-dependent) where you are +EV. Here, you are decidedly not.

And the argument of "I don't give a $@&%, it's a $10 BI" to justify a poor play seems sort of silly, considering you posted the hand for review

You managed to make 4 redundant, and wrong statements in just one sentence. It's not an argument; Never said I made this call cause "idgaf"; specifically said this isn't justifiable; and pls mention again that I 'posted the hand for review' discrediting that I've been accepting of it.

....I had a bunch more written here then deleted it, out of respect. I've just woken up and this has annoyed me. I'm done partaking in this discussion. If anyone has anything different to say, it's appreciated.

Last edited:
Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You managed to make 4 redundant, and wrong statements in just one sentence. It's not an argument; Never said I made this call cause "idgaf"; specifically said this isn't justifiable; and pls mention again that I 'posted the hand for review' discrediting that I've been accepting of it.

....I had a bunch more written here then deleted it, out of respect. I've just woken up and this has annoyed me. I'm done partaking in this discussion. If anyone has anything different to say, it's appreciated.

Try to remember that not everyone is out to get you vito. I don't make posts to be a jerk. Sorry that it came across that way.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol I expected this outcome so much by reading first post, why else should you post this.

EZ fold PF

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Try to remember that not everyone is out to get you vito. I don't make posts to be a jerk. Sorry that it came across that way.

I'm really not trying to play the victim. Just upsetting being quoted with responses like why do ask for help if you dgaf. Right or wrong there is a thought process behind any hand that I'm involved in. I just wanted to share my thoughts throughout. Then anyone can feel free to pick apart those thoughts.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think text is sometimes interpreted wrong. I don't think anyone was trying to rude. I certainly did not intend to come off this way. These forums are a good place to get some input. However, sometimes people are brutally honest on any forum.

It is just one hand. It's not a huge deal. Don't sweat the small stuff.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Uncomfortable either way, call or fold. If you had that 59xx more in your stack, so that even if you don't suck out, you still have the 15bb's it would be a comfortable call for me.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Lol I expected this outcome so much by reading first post, why else should you post this.

EZ fold PF

Regardless, obviously I benefited from posting (see thread title)

Easy for some, I guess. Its not really likely to be sitting 15bbs and have 3 ai's for 1/3 your stack, and then have a medium pp as well. I've learned from posting this hand and will use the advice for similar situations. This 1:1,000,000 scenario however, I personally will take this shot again...and again. I called expecting to lose the pot (not bc idgaf). Hell, if I held AA here I'd still expect to lose a 4way ai. But anyways, thank you for your input MOD :)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey ovito,man i just went through the whole thread and it looks to me as if u dont want anyone to give u their opinion.it seems as though u just want them to say hurray ur the best.u made the best call ever.and u are geeting quite aggro with the posters here that stopped by to give you their opinion. dont answer this cause i know ull be hostile (again). just thank everyone for their feedback and move on man.dont answer every single guy back and bully them. its fowl.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
hey ovito,man i just went through the whole thread and it looks to me as if u dont want anyone to give u their opinion.it seems as though u just want them to say hurray ur the best.u made the best call ever.and u are geeting quite aggro with the posters here that stopped by to give you their opinion. dont answer this cause i know ull be hostile (again). just thank everyone for their feedback and move on man.dont answer every single guy back and bully them. its fowl.

I'm quite positive you are the only CC'er that would say I'm a bully. And you must have missed my first 3-4 responses saying that everyone was correct on the fold.

edit: Thank you for your feedback. Sorry, almost forgot you.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Didn't read thread - but I am folding here 100% of the time.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Didn't read thread - but I am folding here 100% of the time.

You missed a good one lol. Thanks for the input :)

I probly should have included more of the details in op and less throughout the thread. Bc I know by the looks of it; "We have 77 vs 3 ai's, so what the hell is your question?" I know you are all correct on your math but I also kno there is more than just myself, dj, and BigC who see a spot here.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey ovito.i would call it too man.sometimes i would fold sometimes i would call.if u call and get paid off ur a hero.if u lose ,ur a loser. its all good man. good luck in your games

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I agree with you duggs. There's plenty of things involved here equity/odds/balls/etc.

One of those have got to be big enough ;)
balls? Really?

Then I guess you also need balls to go allin preflop holding 24. :rolleyes:

Unless what you call balls is just a better word for calling-knowing-you're-way-behind.

Anyway, congrats on your nice result.

Last edited:
ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
balls? Really?

Then I guess you also need balls to go allin preflop holding 24. :rolleyes:

Unless what you call balls is just a better word for calling-knowing-you're-way-behind.

Anyway, congrats on your nice result.

It takes balls to gamble. That's all I meant. Wasn't to say that if you don't make incorrect decisions, then you are ball-less.

Hence the phrase: "Thinking with the wrong head"

honeycrush

honeycrush

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I don't have any balls...

But I do have a great set of baps - does that count? :p

(Just trying to lighten the mood. I think Vito has said several times that he agrees that it's not the correct call.)

Last edited:
Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold this faster than Usain Bolt runs the 100 meter dash. It is simply te wrong play to call. It is very possible your running into a higher pocket pair or two face cards its a chance I dont take.