Is waiting for bubble to pop the right move, or scared poker?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I appreciate everyone's feedback, but I'm looking for the unpopular opinion here. If you have nothing to add (besides 'everyone else was right') please don't post in my thread to boost your count :)

Did you mean to say
I appreciate everyone's feedback but I'm actually looking for someone who will post the obvious wrong answer (folding AA in this spot) so that I can believe it was the correct decision in this particular case.

If you can only add the correct answer, please don't post. I only want to hear the 'wrong' answer.

Folding AA would be correct if you were on TV and were competing in that contest (loose cannon) where whoever has the most profit at the end of the scheduled time wins the tourney tickets to PCA, etc.
It would also be correct if you were in a satellite situation & had locked up the ticket.

Bob23bk

Bob23bk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you mean to say
I appreciate everyone's feedback but I'm actually looking for someone who will post the obvious wrong answer

No, and sorry for whatever I did to piss you off :dontknow:

bprpm

bprpm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In some ept videos, in one in specific they interview some poker pros, AA is the better hand pré-flop.. never fold AA never!!!!! They say "is riddiculous fold AA"

A

assafyer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there is an answer for that i do think that if i was in your place i would have shove.
sometimes i play for the min cache usually when i am broke :) but most of the times i play to win and i did fall on the bubble more then once.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can wait for the bubble to pop but not to the extend of even folding pockets aces preflop.

R

ruoy eman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KK can beat AA in two situations. Another K or (2) or the K flushes.

Just looking to get a little insight on this one... Here's the scenario:

You're super short stacked in a tourney (<5BB) but only a couple players are left before you get ITM. Table folds to C/O, who 3 bets. Button/SB fold, you're in BB with AA. The obvious first reaction is to shove, you're getting great pot odds here and couldn't have a better hand! The problem is, even if villain is bluffing he can't fold now...

I'm waiting for everyone to point and laugh; I folded AA :eek: Villain shows KK. He wasn't bluffing afterall, but we were 4:1 favorite. Did I make the right move? I'd imagine the debate going like this: Pro says it was the right move because 2 hands later I was ITM. Con says I'm an idiot for folding such a hand and am obviously guilty of playing scared poker. I'd love to hear more input for pro and/or con here, if I had all the answers I wouldn't be posting! It is not my intention to give loaded questions, only to prove/disprove my reasoning.

My goal in the tourney is to profit obviously, so shouldn't I wait for a couple bigger stacked players to end up AA vs KK and let them regret it? I'd like to think that this conservative approach is even more valid if you're overplaying your bankroll (IE: in a tourney you shouldn't be in) :confused:
I'm not in love with all in pre flop, but AA would be the hand to tempt me. It depend on the betting and the stakes. And your stack size.

F

feliksinthemix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not in love with all in pre flop, but AA would be the hand to tempt me. It depend on the betting and the stakes. And your stack size.

Hmm I think I agree with that. Going all in pre flop is just not something I like to do, unless neccessary in a late stage and with a weak stack.

L

leandr0s

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol.. you shouldnt even be thinking about folding aces no matter what. especially if you are short stacked. because you know that people from other tables are going to follow suit and wait for you to bust anyways. so you are going to be outblinded and eliminated easier. But if you go all in then you ccan get some extra time... aces and kings are shovable at any stage. With QQ i can accept it... especially if there's more than 2 people who are going to call you. AK as well. But yeah.. the thing is that in the bubble you have the one chance to build a stack for later stages. because stealing (even with a shorter stack is much easier) therefore you can go on and take your chances. either ways last places in tourneys dont pay more than 2,5X the buy in which should not be your target when you enter a tournament which pays top 10%.