Using the time clock near the bubble

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I may be mistaken, but I consider this strategy valid when a player is low on chips and trying to survive after the bubble burst.

S

Shay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your stack is smaller than your opponent and your goal is to jump the bubble, then don't play. If you aspire to the first place, then play and pretend to be a maniac.
He got banned but is it good advice?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
He got banned but is it good advice?

Have no idea why that person was banned (and probably dont care either) but still guess these advices were actually kinda good and at the same time they were not either ?!?

Like it is never wrong to (act like you are) playing like true maniac :cool:

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your time is your own and should be used best to your advantage. Approaching the bubble just before hand to hand with a short stack...sure ...use the time bank to wait until others have busted.
This is one reason i save my time until the bubble if i can.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Buble or not it's the same
should keep playing normaly in order to take your chance to stay alive
using time is not a good idea causeyou may loose blinds and not have enough after the buble is gone

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you can use a time limit when a good card does not come in,but in no case do not leave the table.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if only a couple players need to bust to put you in the money. seems rude. but that time may allow a couple to bust out with several tables going. and you have short stack. if the flop is paired, should you fold to a big raise with 2 pair?

1. it is rude but a lot of players do that ( specially short stacked players) and it can be necessary in order to get in the money in some situations.

2. it depends on many things like your chipstack, villain chipstack and villain style of play. near the bubble you dont wanna risk your entire chipstack with a hand that its not that strong after the flop and on a paired board there is always the chance that villain have trips or a higher pairs than yours so i think it will depend on many things whether you should call or fold a big raise postflop in that situation.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes nice to acknowladge that ITM is a great thing, and let go the top places, sometimes you have to realize that only going deep is more profitable for you.
These are the factors that you have to go immediately through in yourself. If you making a decision to risk for the top places, you have to select your actions by stack sizes and positions, and realise that smaller stacks will not bluff, but highers can, so move wisely. If you are happy with ITM, most of the hands need to be folded, except if you have almost a clear chance to win a party, otherwise the main part is to survive, and you can go all-in and make a flip whenever you want after the bubble is over.
Good luck.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My opinion is similar to the prior post. Having been in this spot more than once it depends on how much you need the money. If you have a flush bankroll then go for it but if it means that your bankroll will be near zero if you bust out then I would try to survive by any means possible to make it into the money.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In freerolls, if Im short stacked and not getting cards I will use the clock to get ITM.. Its a part of online poker. Once ITM I have often gone on to a better payout. And I never do it in CC tourneys :)

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if it really squeezes, then you can do this, there is nothing wrong with it ...

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In football, some teams take a knee to run out the clock and protect a victory. why would one not do the same in a poker game, fold the hand to protect your win.

L

lesson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even with a good hand but with a small stack, I'd rather play for time and fold

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like to use it, I always play with the same rhythm, whatever tournament it is, to hear how expensive it is, I don't like taking time to get paid if I'm about to be eliminated.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Most likely, I would have waited for the prizes and only then tried to double. The bubble is not a place for risky actions if you have few chips !!!

T

tomatientje

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I don't us extra time, the blinds will increase and the number of hands/t decrease so my feeling tells me I have less chances. The exeption is when I'm nearly broke and realy need the winnings, no matter how small.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy fold if you are not tied to the pot and your stack allows you to push the next hand. Play for time? What for? When there are two people left before the prizes, there is no point in stalling for time, since the synchronous distribution mode is activated and you will not be able to say exactly where you are.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Eu uso este dispositivo se sobram poucos jogadores para estourar as bolhas, mas se for para ganhar entrada em outro torneio lá, eu uso este dispositivo muito mais!

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol,

If the board is paired and you have 2 pair, that is all kinds of bad. I couldn't fold fast enough.

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the goals that you set, if you just get into the prizes, then you can also pull time, if you want to climb as high as possible, then this is a good chance to fill the stack, since most players, even with good pocket cards, will foul to get into the prizes..., " personally, I know a couple of people who throw off AA on the bubble just to not go all in"

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on my stack size, if I have a comfortable stack, or the chiplead at the tables, i try to steal as much as blinds in that phase, I can. If I am short stack, or even there are equal or higher stack players behind me, I cheat the time for that 10-15 minutes we reach the money.... I just relegated yesterday from a 800+ reg tourney 10 players far from money, when I had top 10 chips in the tourney, an other guy had a bit higher stack at the table, and I got some nuts, I think it was AKs vs AQ or AJ, and AK on the board, but he got the straight... if i am short stack, i could easily fold or just limp and fold with AK...

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have folded AA when it is close to the bubble, and watched the flop, turn and river prove to me I made the right decision, and my AA would have been cracked.
No 2 cards are unbeatable and any 2 cards can win.
On some occasions I have called an all-in shove from some players without looking at my hand (in a live game) simply because I had 30 or 40 BB to his 2 or 3 BB. It's just common sense, But if I was sat with someone behind me holding a bigger stack waiting to shove it in after I called I would think twice.
Position in the hand, Chip Stack size, have to be taken into account.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thread: Using the time clock near the bubble

It depends on my stack, but if there are three players left to enter the bubble, I will do my best to enter, and if I am the chip leader, I will push those with fewer chips as much as possible, without risking too much.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I always use it , not running it out to the last second , but yes I use it , especially in satellites . If the prizeds ITM are big , nop need to think about it twice :)

Z

zarronkhan0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Proper etiquette would be to fold. Winning should be about using your poker skills, not waiting the clock out.
I totally agree with you but since you used the word clock I would prefer you some antique luxury clock reviews .